Airce & Airtel launch iPhone 4 in India With Money Back Plans

Re: Aircel Launches iPhone 4 in India With Money Back Plans

avi said:
:rofl:

sorry couldn't resist myself :bleh: No FU phones official in India.
But they have not mentioned anything about locking. They have Iphone 3Gs etc also listed but they clearly mentioned "Airtel Lock" etc on those.

okay, I am trying to calculate, whats the catch in money back. lets see :

We buy ip4 16GB at 34.5 and we pay 699 / month [3rd plan]

we get 2000 mins = 120000 seconds. it is one paisa / sec plan, so it is 120000 paisa or 1200 INR. But Tata gives 2sec / paisa, so lets say I saved 600 INR.

monthly 1000 sms = waste, no savings here.

750 MB 3G data = MTNL gives 3G unlimited at 555, so screw it for those can have MTNL. But those cannot, like me, BSNL is cheapest. In BSNL it is some 250 INR for 500MB and 400 INR for 1GB. So here I will be saving some 300 INR.

So my total monthly savings will be 900 INR.

the actual money back 900*24 = 21,600. the effective iP4 price = 12,900 :O

wow !! Am I right ? or did I just screwed my math ???

Pleez tell me I am right, will book one ASAP :hap5:

^^But that iphone4 you get is for 13k two years later (assuming your calculations are correct) when iphone 6 or something else may be more pre dominant. Also the things like minutes they give per month, you have assumed to use all of them. For light users like me those 2000 minutes do not matter and i very huge. SO calculate the savings as per usage and not as per what they are giving. And hence the saving (as it is claimed by aircel) is different for different person.

Hmm....I agree with you and but it is still good for people like me :)

I guess these money back plans dont really work expect few people may get lured into them

There are absolutely crap plans

Its not discounted,we have to pay upfront full price of the phone

These money back plans are worth for ppl who have high usage and who wants to buy official ip4 IMO

The official iphone4 prices will fall the day iphone4s / iphone5 is launched an i am sure Aircel will maintain the same prices when around the world it is cheaper to buy.Aircel is going to be another failtel(cel).

Instead of giving stupid buy back offers i fell they must have offered the phone at discount say the same money they are promising to give back at the end of 2 years that would certainly lead to more customers than this stupid deal.

All these carriers want is leeching on customers wallets for 2 full years, one can not even use MNP during these 2 years ,so essentially one is stuck in a garbage truck.

Metalspree said:
The official iphone4 prices will fall the day iphone4s / iphone5 is launched

I thought iPhone's prices never drop, till one year, every year cycle. Atleast in India.

Metalspree said:
The official iphone4 prices will fall the day iphone4s / iphone5 is launched an i am sure Aircel will maintain the same prices when around the world it is cheaper to buy.Aircel is going to be another failtel(cel).

Instead of giving stupid buy back offers i fell they must have offered the phone at discount say the same money they are promising to give back at the end of 2 years that would certainly lead to more customers than this stupid deal.

All these carriers want is leeching on customers wallets for 2 full years, one can not even use MNP during these 2 years ,so essentially one is stuck in a garbage truck.
well, if aircel offers discounted iphones, then i can bet, that people will buy them and switch to any other network as soon as they can. I cant seem to be able to get a decent aircel network anywhere

avi said:
I thought iPhone's prices never drop, till one year, every year cycle. Atleast in India.
They will not fall in India but around the world for sure when iphone4 came out iphone3gs so did the ipad 1 prices when ipad2 price fell and this is common.I wish Apple sold FU phones in India :(.

If they are clever enough and want to get more customers they will have it offer discounted phones .If they are looking at fooling customers and make money is short run they will not ( well they are doing this aren't they ??).

Any wise customer,even True loyal Aircel Customer will love to buy a unlocked iphone for 3-4k extra than to struck to these stupid useless plans

Now a days its 1p/2 sec pulse rate, for 800rs its just a premium we are paying for mainitaining Aircel Service

For these 800 we can get good GB and Loads of Talktime and for 20-30rs thousands of free sms,

what Aircel is giving us back is Nothing

800*24 months = 19200 is the amount we still owe to Aircel buy taking Iphone 4 from them, Great plot by Aircel,

if phone is network locked ,its extra bonus to all iphone aircel customers

If anyone want to own a iphone 4 with official tag will go for this,even they should understand there is no logic in moneyback plans,its just a marketting gimmick

if the phone is factory unlocked then it makes sense to buy at full price of 34 and 40k.

if you are paying that much and still getting locked phone with stupidest ever plans.

then its worthless deal.

i am loyal aircel user and i wont but this deal if its locked phone.

phoenix844884 said:
The day our Indian Mobile Telephony industry goes the US based carrier locked contract phone style, we are doomed. It'll be the end of free will. We'll soon be staring at tiered voice, text and data plans with monthly limits. Look at what is happening in the US with almost every carrier clamping down on do-as-you please plans. Not to forget that even the basic plans there are $hit expensive. You really want that to happen in India?

$crew those contract based phones I say!

It won't happen in India cuz the takers will be much lower for such schemes. Moreover Indian Telecom won't allow such mass scale schemes, they will be forced to offer normal plans side by side. Besides Indian consumers are much smarter than the Yankees.

iPhone 4 FU Official !!

Oh my holy mother of god, I just found something.

tDVZp.png

link - iPhone customer support: airtel

So these are FU phones and we are simply bashing Apple. Hell, who always read FAQ :bleh: I can't wait till morning to confirm with CC. But there are Google search results which says same. :clap:

@mods I know that there is another iP4 thread going on, but this surely needs a new thread !!

Back