Airce & Airtel launch iPhone 4 in India With Money Back Plans

This is a farce ! It is .

How can you even expect people to buy the phone upfront and pay you 20K in 2 years :| . Well then again People do this :|

I don't see a point of buying a phone by spending 40k when after 2-4 months, new version will be out. So my suggestion to anyone considering buying a iPhone 4 now is to wait

Yes.

why ?

1. In 2 months prices will drop drastically as new will be out

2. Cheaper prices on FU

3. Who knows they even announce in WWDC that they'd launch iP5 here in India in Sept. Last time they sent to 27 countries afaik.

So atleast it'll be better if we wait till WWDC which is on June 6-10. So it is just one week to wait.

I'm guessing Apple will decide on the India launch of the new iPhone 4GS/5, based on the response they get for iPhone 4. Unfortunately, these stupid telecom companies ruined it for both Apple as well as the customers. Come to think of it, Apple themselves ruined it by enlisting these chors and not selling the phone directly.

Since these phones will be FU, does that mean that i can buy a factory unlocked phone from other parts of the world and claim apple warranty here in india if something goes wrong ??

The phones launched in India must be having serial numbers starting with certain series etc to know whether it was purchased in India or abroad and this will come into picture when warranty claims come by.

Gaurish said:
don't look at price. Its Apple Product, you will *have* to pay extra Apple tax:p
corrected:
don't look at price. Its Apple Product, you will *have* the ultimate user experience and satisfaction. :p

This seems to have helped in reducing the cost of grey market phones.

I was just out to get memory cards and car charger for my phones and inquired about iPhone 4 and for the first time FU imported one was offered for well below 30k (28k to be precise).

About the official launch. The so called money back plans for Airtel are shocker. YOu will end up paying less if you buy their 675 bucks 3G plan + your regular pay per second plan if you do proper calculations.

Unless and until you have all your friend circle and contacts on airtel, these plans are robbery.

Back