Airce & Airtel launch iPhone 4 in India With Money Back Plans

@RS4 - Yes dude ! you were ****ing right :D

hard to believe they launched FU here. Mark my words, iP5 FU will be released here in Sept.

I just talked to customer care and they bare saying that they give unlocked phone if I pay the full amount, without going for the contract. But, if I go with the contract, then I will not be able to use the phone with other SIM. But, I am not sure whether he's right as how do they manage two types of phones, locked and unlocked?

We have to make Full payment irrespective of whether its FU or comes with contract.

U will get benefits in ur monthly rentals if u go for contract one but u wont b able to change the service provider.

avi said:
If it is with contract, then wahts the base payment ?

the question is, say i took 600rs prepaid plan with airtel and used it for 6 months. can i still cancel the plan and continue using it without 3g?

^nope. two years.

@techpal - I didn't get you. Can you explain with regards to Airtel plans of 601, 1001 etc ?

sz1266 said:
the question is, say i took 600rs prepaid plan with airtel and used it for 6 months. can i still cancel the plan and continue using it without 3g?
Yes you should be able to do it since in any condition you pay the full amount upfront. This is a clever way by service providers to force the user to stay with them by providing those perks of money back on monthly basis. So understand that if you buy the 32 GB for 41k and go with their plans then you are not getting money back from your 41k you paid but from the additional money you will be giving to airtel every month for the plans.

So anyways it is a win-win for airtel in any case.

Better get the phone , pay upfront and ditch airtel.

Can anyone explain the pros and cons of this plan? Looks kinda okay to me, except the Airtel network part.

capture1xf.jpg

Also, can I buy iPhone through Airtel and keep paying the installments, but switch to a different provider like Vodafone?

EDIT: Oh my, did I get it wrong? Do we have to pay Rs 34,500 + Rs 2000 recharge every month? :0

Are they frigging crazy? Who will pay extra money just to stay with Airtel?!

It seems very gimmicky. Looks to me like the marketing guys had a field day and came up with the "Discounts". All thats happening is that youre getting X Minutes Y SMS'es and Z MB of data at a given price. Saying that "Were supposed to charge you 2k but instead we'll charge you 1k" Is just beating around the bush. In the end, your savings are on paper; in reality you saved nothing.

^^Exactly. It is not like US wherein you pay fraction of the MRP of phone and then through monthly contract even out and reach the final MRP at the end of your contract or even more. Here they want all our money upfront and then cough us to pay more each month and return half of what we pay per month and say "See you saved that 1K" Bu!!$hit :mad::-[

^^Actually we do see the fine print and do all these calculations. But there are many who dont and that is the kind of audience whom these companies are targeting.

There may be people who think...Wow i am paying 40k for the phone but in 2 years i will save 20k so effectively i get phone for 20k.

But these people fail to make the calculation that they are infact paying more for the phone than a normal factory unlocked one would cost.

Spoke to lets buy and they say iPhone 4 is Fu and comes with 12 months warranty with apple

Also have white in stock..

Price is tempting with the rcomlb1 for the white ones

Back