Airtel 256Kb unlimited @649 + 100 calls free

Guys,

Just to clear all confusion. I am from delhi, and I already mentioned I don't know about other circles. Also this plan in not available on there site. You can ask for migration only if you know the plan is there, Otherwise CC will deny existence of such plan.

And this plan is used to retain the customer migrating to MTNL delhi. so you might try that way also, but Don't come back and say they disconnected your when you said you want to migrate to MTNl... Risk is yours. I taken the risk and now enjoying this plan.

Good Luck..

Saiyan said:
^Then you are paying Rs.750+tax. You are on the old 256Kbps u/l plan. Migrate to the Home 799 plan and then apply for the wifi router.

But you might want to check out this 256Kbps @ Rs.649. Even if you pay Rs.99 for the wifi router you'll end up paying lesser cost compared to the Home 799 plan ;). (649+99+tax).

649+99 = 748 + 12.5% tax (93.5) = 841.5 !

And I pay 843 ... ;)

And yeah,I am currently on the 750+(12.5%)tax plan ! where the 50 is for my modem rent...

So only if i migrate to the 649 or 799 ,can I apply for the wifi router? or can i apply with my existing plan?

verma said:
Even I'm on 799 plan, anybody has any idea of 649 in bangalore?

I guess it's only available in delhi as MTNL delhi has a similar plan.... To retain airtel customer...

One of my friend in noida could not get that plan even.

lucky_chouhan said:
I am on 699 (256 Kbps) Unltd. with 99 for Wifi Router (no SD or any advanced).

My Bill was
Scheme Charge 699.00
Modem Rent 99.00
+ 12.36%

Woah ! that works out to 897 ,almost 900 bucks !
Rather stick to my old plan...

Moreover,I heard Airtel is now providing el-cheapo beetel(earlier D-Link) :S wifi routers ! :no:

jalanbk said:
Hi Guys,

Few days back I got a call from Airtel, they were offering me higher plan than my current home 799 Plan. I told him that I am going to close the current connection and going for MTNL 599 256kbps unlimited.

Guess what he told me to call CC and ask for migration to Home 649 plan which is having 256 KBPS unlimited along with 100 free pulses....

And now I am on this plan.

So all you guys who using 256 kbps unlimited for 799 can switch to this plan.

This plan is not available on their website and offered only if you ask for this.

This is available for Delhi users I am not sure about other areas.

BK

Mate

Pl check again.

I am on Airtel Home 600 plan (mumbai) since last one year. I get 256kbps UL + 100 Free Pulses. It also has FREE Modem + Free Tel Instrument + FRee Installation.

asheet said:
Mate
Pl check again.
I am on Airtel Home 600 plan (mumbai) since last one year. I get 256kbps UL + 100 Free Pulses. It also has FREE Modem + Free Tel Instrument + FRee Installation.

Say what!?:S
Only 600bucks for 256kbps ultd.? and no modem rent?

I am gonna shift to Airtel soon.

Yes, the Home 649 plan is now available on their website but then so is the Home 799 plan. I am confused. :S Is the 649 plan available for everybody?

Also , they are providing me with a wireless router, somebody mentioned that its not of supreme quality , so does that have an effect on the speed ? I will keep the router in my room only , don't think it should effect much.

Bluffmaster said:
I am gonna shift to Airtel soon.

Yes, the Home 649 plan is now available on their website but then so is the Home 799 plan. I am confused. :S Is the 649 plan available for everybody?

Also , they are providing me with a wireless router, somebody mentioned that its not of supreme quality , so does that have an effect on the speed ? I will keep the router in my room only , don't think it should effect much.

649 plan is available for everybody... and Wireless router provided by Airtel is not of supreme quality but is Ok like Netgear WGR 111 router...

i enquired with airtel.. an ta freak rep said that the 649 is valid in delhi.. but not in south delhi.. wtf.. ??

anyways my point being .. is anyone from south delhi availing of this package?

amityrock said:
i enquired with airtel.. an ta freak rep said that the 649 is valid in delhi.. but not in south delhi.. wtf.. ??

Yes , unfortunately this plan is only for West delhi and north delhi region. Weird ... I know :eek:hyeah:

The Airtel Salesman came to my place and pestered me to take airtel .. Now since his plan was cheap I first called my Tele. provider to know abut latest plans..

and you know what, I have changed my NUL 512kbps plan to 512kbps UL @ 666 /month :)

Dark Star said:
The Airtel Salesman came to my place and pestered me to take airtel .. Now since his plan was cheap I first called my Tele. provider to know abut latest plans..

and you know what, I have changed my NUL 512kbps plan to 512kbps UL @ 666 /month :)

where do u stay dark plus are those plan advertised on site?

amityrock said:

Bluffmaster said:
Yes , unfortunately this plan is only for West delhi and north delhi region. Weird ... I know :eek:hyeah:

Is is very well available in south delhi as well.. a friend has recently shifted to this plan, he has his office in Nehru Place. He shifted his home's, GK2, plan to this plan as well.

Dark Star said:

Quite interesting plan, where do you put up and any particular name of this plan.

Ashish.K said:
Is is very well available in south delhi as well.. a friend has recently shifted to this plan, he has his office in Nehru Place. He shifted his home's, GK2, plan to this plan as well.

Thats funny.. i wonder how he got it? or is it tat the leeches at airtel just dont want me 2 shift 2 a cheaper plan? can you confirm from your friend ashish that this is the plan? i mean just check on his bill incase hes mistaken or something..

Back