AIRTEL - And the dust settles !!!

HailStonE

Skilled
AIRTEL has done what its notorious for...ie. duping customer by luring them into such gimmick. As of now their FUP stands such..
  • 799/899 Plan 256UL (512kbps speed) - 8GB then back to 256kbps
  • 1099 Plan 512UL (1Mbps speed) - 15GB then back to 256kbps
  • 1299 Plan 512/1Mbps (2Mbps speed) - 20GB then back to 256kbps
  • 1699 Plan 1MbpsUL Plan (2Mbps speed) - 40GB then back to 256kbps

NOTE : -

1. For every plan the speed gets reduced to 256kbps after FUP limit is exhausted.
  2. FUP limit is calculated on your downloads only, not uploads.
  3. Older customers may not get limited by these FUP limits since Airtel in all its wisdom may not have changed limit for all old accounts but some.
  4. Older customers earlier FUP limit stands still though (whatever the case may be).
  5. This does exclusively apply to all new connections though & all over India in most circles.
  6. You can try customer care but they always know shit about any development with regards to plan conditions & changes

:mad::mad:
Check your FUP limit here

Yes,

I was absolutely miffed at this.

I am on 1299 turbo plan,tried to change to 1699 plan,and CC fella offered me the 4th option WTF :mad:

I think airtel doing all this,for getting back money it lost in the 3g auction.

This is ridiculous. So if the double speed plan which they are supposedly introducing post the end of June would also have the same FUP? In that case 15GB FUP for day download can kiss my ass. For now, 15GB FUP for day is more than enough for me, as my download mostly happens during night and thank god that isn't under FUP.

I think TRAI needs to step in increase minimum broadband speeds to at least 1mbps. Even 512kbps is not enough considering the ruling will be in effect for another 3-4 years. And if FUP has to be there, at least make it reasonable at 50gb or maybe 100gb.

comp@ddict said:
Wait, my plan is a 512KBPS Unlimited, what if i Don't want 1MBPS and THIS PIECE OF SHIT???
Depends.. Just hope AIRTEL does not change your plan speed & if it does then your a/c remain at your current FUP limit..

In next few billing cycles you will come to know about it yourself analyzing your usage...:p

I was planning to change my connection to Airtel.

This is indeed a bad step by Airtel. they shd have checked the fraudulent subscribers who default on payment and the ones who dont return the modems +base phone units.

Airtel is indeed loosing it.

Srirama said:
guys,how can i know how many gb im using for downloads for every month?

You need to log into your Airtel a/c and then click on 'Account Information' tab on the left. The proceed to select your DSL number and then click the 'View Unbilled Amount' option. That will give you the amount of data you have downloaded.

Spacescreamer said:
I was planning to change my connection to Airtel.
This is indeed a bad step by Airtel. they shd have checked the fraudulent subscribers who default on payment and the ones who dont return the modems +base phone units.

Airtel is indeed loosing it.

Do you really think that just by covering those they will be able to recover their loss & make up to their 3G investment.. AIRTEL will always exploit customers.. :p
Srirama said:
guys,how can i know how many gb im using for downloads for every month?

Alternatively use some software solution like DU Meter to track your transfers... :cool2:

HailStonE said:
Do you really think that just by covering those they will be able to recover their loss & make up to their 3G investment.. AIRTEL will always exploit customers..
Who said i was referring to the 3G investment..?

If they had been vigilant right from the start, they would have managed their funds much better.

Instead they resort to tricks like unnecessarily activating so called value packs and caller tunes, cutting BSNL cable lines to force people into submission and the likes of it.

The investment they made during the bid will be recovered in due time by the subscriber base but for the scores of mismanaged errant connections, current lot of bband users will suffer.

As if we can call the service and speeds provided as broadband.

^.. Then you must meant the bleeding margin they work on & almost keeping it in the black therefore making customers suffer...

As a corporation their ultimate goal is Profit by any means possible... This is the reality... Any hope that they will benefit end user is an illusion... :p

Interesting, they called me a few weeks back offering to switch me to the swift from my 999. The rub was pay rs.100 more. They said the FUP would be 100GB instead of my current 75GB. The offer he told me would not expire.

If they are going to cut me down after 15GB then its not worth it. Because it would just be one BIG TEASE, and i'd be paying rs.100 per month extra for the privlege :mad:

I cannot remember whether there would be downgrading of speed after 15GB was crossed my understanding was it would only kick in after 100GB. We spoke for a long time and i giave him the usual spiel about how high internet was compared to cell phone rates etc.

he did tell me because i was on the 386kbs plan my speed could not be doubled due to technical difficulties (!) So i was thinking if they upgrade those on lower plans why pay 999 and instead downgrade to 256 for Rs.799 and then get dbled for free, tho i suspect those tiny FUP's mentioned aboved would kick in.

I stay with Airtel for good service and connectivity. Airtel provides me the best ping time in games.. But I am a heavy downloader too and a victim of FUP.. :( I need to have another ISPs conn without FUP and retain Airtel for gaming :(

HailStonE said:
^.. Then you must meant the bleeding margin they work on & almost keeping it in the black therefore making customers suffer...

As a corporation their ultimate goal is Profit by any means possible... This is the reality... Any hope that they will benefit end user is an illusion... :p

To hell with the margins they working on.
Shady tactics to make their profits and working on principles like this is not accepted.

One fine day even if a third of the suffering subscribers sue them, they ll prolly revise the FUP speed to 128 maybe.
If they got problems, then they shd declare the terms properly.

Airtel will only change their idiotic FUP policy if TRAI increase the definition of broadband to 1mbp. They can't falsely advertise "broadband" packages with dial-up speed, lol.

Oh, and I just love how they put the argument to justify FUP by saying "only people who download illegal material require more than XX bandwidth."

:bangin:

I still am on my old 2222 Plan @ 1 MBPS and without the FAIR USAGE POLICY. My my Download RIG is always ON hence i roughly download about 300 gigs a month and the new 1699 Plan comes with a 100 gigs of Caping which I would eventually run out in 10 days.

Back