AIRTEL - And the dust settles !!!

most companies that have websites have a CEO mail box where you can send complaints over .... i sent out a complaint to Godrej with regards to a missing part in my washing machine ... the next day a party of 4 including local service head visited to fix the issue. Good to see mail id but i dont think sending a mail with regards to there constant plan changes or about matters like this are gonna taken in seriously.

^ +1 on that. Airtel knows what it's doing, and it's aimed at maximizing its profits.

It's one thing to get a problem resolved, it's another to tell them that their planning structure is wrong and that it needs to be corrected :p.

Simple point is they are going for their profits and they wont change plans as allmost everyone doing the same bsnl matchup with same. Rest will do it too. No one to oppose and each operator doing same apart from mtnl and few other who are in just few cities hardly bother airtel. So live with it as it will be like this or can be more worse. but this issue is only for 24x7 downloaders not much for others

delguy19 said:
Simple point is they are going for their profits and they wont change plans as allmost everyone doing the same bsnl matchup with same. Rest will do it too. No one to oppose and each operator doing same apart from mtnl and few other who are in just few cities hardly bother airtel. So live with it as it will be like this or can be more worse. but this issue is only for 24x7 downloaders not much for others

Agreed. I hardly use more than 15-20GB a month and not a 24*7 downloader. So the faster plans with a 20GB cap and speed reduction makes a lot of sense for ppl like me. I am sure not everyone who uses broadband is a 24*7 Downloader and there will be a sizeable % of ppl who needs more speed(for live streaming Youtube, quicker downloads etc...)

delguy19 said:

I am not a 24x7 downloader ... i occationaly download a full HD movie ... i spend anywhere between 1 to 2 hours on a weekday and 4 to 5 hours on weekend on youtube .... while i am playing game or doing some other task ... now from my measurement i found that my usage can be anywhere between 60 to 120 GB a month (youtube does take a lot of badwidth @ 480p) so FUP at its with airtel is a big time flop for me ... as it stands airtel has withdrawn the 1799 impatience plan to so the max you get at 4 Mbps is 25 GB a month ... which means i should forget downloading those HD content ...

ultra vires said:
The point is... you are letting them know that you no longer wish to continue with them because of their stupid plans :)
That's kinda wrong... for I'll still continue with them, due to the other "benefits" that i get from them, viz., 0 downtime, super fast service, no better competition, stuff like that.

Like delguy says, unless there's some serious opposition, they'll know we have nowhere else to go :(

Current (next 2-3 months) realistic philosophy: If they offer a 4mpbs UL plan @ 150GB FUP for < Rs. 2000, i'll take that, but for now, my 2mbps UL @100GB FUP for Rs. 1799 is about as good as it gets for me.

@Kolguy: I see something: 4mbps for 1799 in this link:

Impatience Plans- 4 MBPS Broadband Plans from Airtel Broadband

I think that's 50GB, isnt it? :-/

And I can't find FUP levels anywhere in their site now.. am i missing something?

just had a chat wid executive... he came to my place to replace modem.... new plans are for both old and new connections and old plans will be discontinued and new plans will be implemented with new billing cycle....

I am still happy as i am on MTNL ( crossing fingers ) but when the day comes that they give 10gb with 4mbps, you guys still wont say anything :) . No wonder telecom companies like Airtel are moving ahead like ComCast.

They are doing so and upto such a crap and disgusting lvl that reliance net connect broadband plan are so shy. reliance mobile net connect broandband feeling threaten by such close plans to netconnect broadband so what to expect for such a crap comapny to give 3g service for 10000 rs a month or whos boradband plans are so close to mobile plans of many operators.

I got a flyer offering 2Mbps UL (20GB) at 1299, 4 Mbps UL (25 GB FUP) at 1399. I've gone for the latter, for the first time in many years, I've been off an unlimited plan. 25 GB is more than sufficient for my needs as I'm not a big downloader and my monthly usage rarely exceeds 15 GB. It'll be interesting to see how my usage changes with the higher speed.

Ethan_Hunt said:
So any news on the double speed upgrade which was proposed towards the end of June?
had a chat with the airtel CC rep , double speed thinggy only for ppl who are below 256kbps and everyone will be brought to a min of 256kbps speed .

also inquired about the impatience plans they have in my area, for 1299 bucks a 2 mbps line with a FUP of 20 gb there on 256kbps speed .

however the bad news is they are doing away with the turbo 1299 plan which is 512kbps 6am-10pm and 1mbps 10pm-6am , FUP 100gb , June 30th onwards and anyone who makes a switch cannot return back to this plan. although the ones who continue would enjoy the same plan as long as they don't migrate to some other plan.

has anyone really got affected by these FUP....i mean any1 who is on double speeds with some FUP limit experienced any reduced speed after the limit?????

kunallkw said:
had a chat with the airtel CC rep , double speed thinggy only for ppl who are below 256kbps and everyone will be brought to a min of 256kbps speed .

also inquired about the impatience plans they have in my area, for 1299 bucks a 2 mbps line with a FUP of 20 gb there on 256kbps speed .

however the bad news is they are doing away with the turbo 1299 plan which is 512kbps 6am-10pm and 1mbps 10pm-6am , FUP 100gb , June 30th onwards and anyone who makes a switch cannot return back to this plan. although the ones who continue would enjoy the same plan as long as they don't migrate to some other plan.
the double speed thingy is for everyone,all CC guys are giving different theories

for example if i guy paying for 256kbps gets 512kbps then won't the 512kbps paying guy be offended as he would be paying mre for the same connection that 256kbps guy is getting for low price

Back