AIRTEL - And the dust settles !!!

The free SOD is brilliant. I'm In Mumbai and it will work for me.

I'll probably use the extra 512kbps. 11.25 hours per month with 512 additional speed is good enough for me :D

HailStonE said:
^.. 256kbps...

@RoBoGhOsT .. You are lucky to have this connection without FUP. But you should check out Reliance Combo 749plan as well... 600kbps day + 1Mbps Night... :)
What about the FUP ??

I am in search of a good broadband plan here in bhopal.

This evdo is giving nothing more than 20-24 kBps to me these days :(

Ethan_Hunt said:
Is this scheme for one of those USB Internet dongles or standard ADSL system?
This scheme is for ADSL connections only and not applicable for internet dongles and wimax connections. This plan has no FUP

I'm trying to call their customer care number @30337777 or 1800 3000 7777 but none of them are working. It just says "Welcome to Reliance Internet" and then goes blank. Tried both with my landline and mobile phone. Any other contact number to get more clarification?

buBleZ said:
^^ guys just wait for the CC to come to office around 10AM. Then call them up and get the info you need.

Yep. Got through to them and it seems their system is "upgrading" so promptly requested me to call later. I just wanted to check the feasibility in my area. Anyway, when they say 1Mbps, it exactly 1Mbps or does it throttle a bit above it like Airtel?

No ISP throttles the speed above the limit to benefit the customer. The speeds are dependent on the ISPs infrastructure in your area and contention ratio in your locality.

In my case I get 120KBps avg on torrents in the day and 220-230 avg on torrents in the night. I am in night booster zoom 1mbps plan which is a post paid plan(not post paid combo plan)

buBleZ said:
No ISP throttles the speed above the limit to benefit the customer. The speeds are dependent on the ISPs infrastructure in your area and contention ratio in your locality.

In my case I get 120KBps avg on torrents in the day and 220-230 avg on torrents in the night. I am in night booster zoom 1mbps plan which is a post paid plan(not post paid combo plan)

How much does that plan cost you in total, including taxes? That seems like the normal 1Mbps speeds that one should get. Any downtimes? What are their initial setup charges?

Thanks to the Steam sale I hit Airtels FUP for the first time ever (12 Gb on my plan I think). Such a low FUP really sux. What sucks even more is a 4Mbps connection becomes 256k so quick its pointless having it. Had it been even 512k I would not have minded so much.

Decided to visit my local cablewalla to find him offering a 1 mbps day, 2 mbps night connection with 100GB FUP for 1199! Asked him to install it immediately.

Goodbye Airtel I will not miss you....

^.. Get Reliance Combo 749... 600kbps day + 1Mbps Night. (10pm - 8am) No FUP

If your lucky enough you could try the new Tikona connections. Im on 799 Rs 750 kbps. I get the promised 750 kbps always speed never decreses below 750 kbps but sometime I get speeds upto 6 Mbps.. Rofl.

Attachments

• tIKONA.jpg
    tIKONA.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 102
Rickyk said:
Decided to visit my local cablewalla to find him offering a 1 mbps day, 2 mbps night connection with 100GB FUP for 1199! Asked him to install it immediately.

What ISP ?

Back