AIRTEL - And the dust settles !!!

hash said:
If your lucky enough you could try the new Tikona connections. Im on 799 Rs 750 kbps. I get the promised 750 kbps always speed never decrees below 750 kbps but sometime I get speeds upto 6 Mbps.. Rofl.
lol man btw i also have same connect same plan but i got lucky from 6-10 mbps

btw the service are not good and really too poor due to witless network not detect stable due to poor wireless signal and even games goes aveg 70-150 ping due to some issue and i am not able to download while online gaming :|

just saw that tikona is available in Hubli too...but i am too late just installed airtel 799 unlimited plan and i am also on Rs. 750 unlimited BSNL evdo (dont get much speed at home but more than 200KBps at office)

Airtel has changed there plans for 256kbps @649rs to 889rs with 512kbps upto 8gb and then 256kbps in Delhi..Why they keep changing the plans ??

lol man btw i also have same connect same plan but i got lucky from 6-10 mbps

btw the service are not good and really too poor due to witless network not detect stable due to poor wireless signal and even games goes aveg 70-150 ping due to some issue and i am not able to download while online gaming

I don't know if your taking about the new tikona connection. Which has way better signal rates. I just got it yesterday.

hash said:
I don't know if your taking about the new tikona connection. Which has way better signal rates. I just got it yesterday.
honesty the network are not stable due to wireless signal not detect from tower ;)

and even upto 6-10 mbps are lucky even i can surf website quickly faster but readily disappointment due to network are not stable might be irrigation me :|

Just got hit by the FUP bullcrap as well :p Using freedom 1699 and got a 80% usage warning and logged in to that vta site and saw FUP is 25gb after which speed is throttled to 512kbps. Are there any other better options there ? Its silly paying almost 2k for a 512kbps connection

^ Here is what I did. Blasted customer care, billing and tech teams both, wrote to Nodal officer, shouted at the person who called back, and guess what, they removed my FUP. Of course, I did threaten them to disconnect the connection stating I had Reliance, Tikona and BSNL in my area. In fact, the last ticket I raised was yesterday night at 10:50 PM. 11 PM I get a call from the tech team asking me to restart the modem and check speed - back to 1 Mbps. CONFIRMED there is no FUP. Back to my older plan. Guys, give it a shot. It was painful, but worth the trouble

agantuk said:
^ Here is what I did. Blasted customer care, billing and tech teams both, wrote to Nodal officer, shouted at the person who called back, and guess what, they removed my FUP. Of course, I did threaten them to disconnect the connection stating I had Reliance, Tikona and BSNL in my area. In fact, the last ticket I raised was yesterday night at 10:50 PM. 11 PM I get a call from the tech team asking me to restart the modem and check speed - back to 1 Mbps. CONFIRMED there is no FUP. Back to my older plan. Guys, give it a shot. It was painful, but worth the trouble

hehe, good for you man.Talking to the senior guys surely helps as they make exceptions in some cases.I will also be getting 1 mbps without fup but only after one month of getting the connection(as told by some senior guy).

it should be your airtel number following by '_' followed by a your state code 'tn' in case of tamil nadu ... etc ...

Just got hit by the FUP bullcrap as well Using freedom 1699 and got a 80% usage warning and logged in to that vta site and saw FUP is 25gb after which speed is throttled to 512kbps. Are there any other better options there ? Its silly paying almost 2k for a 512kbps connection

did they change the fup for the 1699 plan ? it used to be 100 GB how come its 25gb ? i didnt get any message with regards to change in fup ... i am also throlled down to 512Kbps with this plan now ... anyway i am moving to reliance i am done with this crap connection.

^yeah looks like, I called up customer care and the guy said he released my connection. I asked what about next month and he said call back again and get it released.

I wrote to the nodal officer after that who said that no complaint is registered so he forwarded to 121@airtel.in who then said they have registered a case and get back by 22nd july. lets see

kolguy said:
it should be your airtel number following by '_' followed by a your state code 'tn' in case of tamil nadu ... etc ...

can you give an example and what would be Maharashtra's and mumbai's code

i entered 02240000000_mh

or

40000000_mh

neither worked

and what all can you chek there?

did they change the fup for the 1699 plan ? it used to be 100 GB how come its 25gb ? i didnt get any message with regards to change in fup ... i am also throlled down to 512Kbps with this plan now ... anyway i am moving to reliance i am done with this crap connection.
they can't really change your FUP,just call them and tell them to change it back and they will

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bottle said:
^yeah looks like, I called up customer care and the guy said he released my connection. I asked what about next month and he said call back again and get it released.

I wrote to the nodal officer after that who said that no complaint is registered so he forwarded to 121@airtel.in who then said they have registered a case and get back by 22nd july. lets see

what do you mean by "released your connection"?

can you answer my previous post for you,its the #114 post in this thread

the best thing would be to check your airtel bill your id is mentioned on that ... apart from that the nomenclature for this user id is what i mentioned ... if you are in mumbhai it might be diffrent then maharastra , i am not sure abt that.

kolguy said:
the best thing would be to check your airtel bill your id is mentioned on that ... apart from that the nomenclature for this user id is what i mentioned ... if you are in mumbhai it might be diffrent then maharastra , i am not sure abt that.
IT STILL ISN'T WORKING

can you tell me what all can we chk with it?

can you post a screenshot of your details,not the phone number but the other details

and also who's account are we using,i don't think it would be allowed and if there are any details can we change it ourselves?

Back