AIRTEL - And the dust settles !!!

Solid_Snake4RD said:
the double speed thingy is for everyone,all CC guys are giving different theories

for example if i guy paying for 256kbps gets 512kbps then won't the 512kbps paying guy be offended as he would be paying mre for the same connection that 256kbps guy is getting for low price

for ppl below 512 they have nothing too lose because they were getting post FUP speeds anyways , the problem only lies with real broadband users who download heavily and are most of the time online with connections above 512 and bigger FUPS like the 100gb one in turbo 1299 , and i wouldn't compromise on my FUP limit for a mere 20gb fast download , hell i can download much more than that in a month if i continue with my same speeds , that is what ppl need to learn and calculate how much of the download limit will they be losing out at the cost of extra speed which they'll be getting and is it worth it !

well my new billing cycle started 3 days ago and im still getting 512kbps speed so i guess this thing is for new connections not old ones....

Punker said:
well my new billing cycle started 3 days ago and im still getting 512kbps speed so i guess this thing is for new connections not old ones....
IF this thing is for new connections then why would they say double speeds as new customers will only be getting what they will be paying for

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

kunallkw said:
for ppl below 512 they have nothing too lose because they were getting post FUP speeds anyways , the problem only lies with real broadband users who download heavily and are most of the time online with connections above 512 and bigger FUPS like the 100gb one in turbo 1299 , and i wouldn't compromise on my FUP limit for a mere 20gb fast download , hell i can download much more than that in a month if i continue with my same speeds , that is what ppl need to learn and calculate how much of the download limit will they be losing out at the cost of extra speed which they'll be getting and is it worth it !
i am talking on that basis only

i am not talking about the Impatient plans,those plans are not double speed plans

Airtel is doubling the speed of normal plans like Swift,Freedom and those all.

So if you have a 1mbps connection you will get doubled to 2mbps.your FUP limit will remain the same as old one like say for 25gb.After 25gbs you get 50% of your doubled speed that is 1mbps not your old 512kbps after-FUP speed or the 256kbps after-FUP speed as per the new plans.

if Airtel does this,just call them and tell them strongly to put you back and they will do it

Had a word with the Airtel CC I am am on Old 1099/- plan in which I get 512kbps speed and FUP is 100GB. As per the executive all the plans like speed double etc have been discontinued and Airtel has revised the rates and has launched new plan. But if old customer is migrating to a newer plan the new FUP would be applicable on him instead of his older FUP. So this means if I migrate from 1099/- 512kbps plan to new 1099/- 1mbps plan my FUP would decrease from 100GB to 20GB :(

Seems its time to go for Reliance or BSNL

Im on the old turbo 1299 plan my day512 - night 1mbps speeds remain the same. I have no intention of changing my plan

Unless one migrates to newer plans or gets a brand new connection these FUP's would not apply.. AIRTEL never migrates customer without consent from them or a request. Also older plan conditions apply & they do not exclusively change them unless they find out that they are loosing... :p

i am on 512 Kbps.. plan swift 1099...... but speed it still is 512Kbps.. cc says it will take another1 month... when will it take place?

I am on old 1 mbps plan no double speed for me either---Got 2 mbps for like 20 mins last week then it became normal---last month my download + upload stat was 235.5 GB with frequent disconnections.

nless one migrates to newer plans or gets a brand new connection these FUP's would not apply.. AIRTEL never migrates customer without consent from them or a request. Also older plan conditions apply & they do not exclusively change them unless they find out that they are loosing...

No! Airtel did it to me. buncha liers.
For the past 10 days I've been getting 256 kbps instead of 512 kbps. And I'm not a new Airtel broadband user.
When I called CC they told me for the first 15 ****in GB they would give 512 Kbps and then it's reverted back to 256 kbps and I pay 1099 + taxes. Come to think of my friend pays 899 and he also get 512 kbps with 8GB Dowload with 512 kbps and then reverted back to 256 kbps. WTF am i paying 1099 for ? Even the 899 user get 512 kbps and even the 1099 customer get 512 kbps . Airtel mothafakah's.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i am on 512 Kbps.. plan swift 1099...... but speed it still is 512Kbps.. cc says it will take another1 month... when will it take place?

All lies. Will never happen. That's what 3 CC's exec's told me.

^... Then you got plain unlucky.. Many older users still enjoy earlier FUP limits or no FUP at all... I am on Explore 1099/- 384kbps day & 1Mbps Night. Thankfully No FUP...

You should get rid of AIRTEL & move to Reliance...

Just got a call from AIRTEL offering me their new plan of 1Mbps for the same rental of Rs 1099/- but with the FUP of 15GB after which they will reduce the speed to 15GB. :mad:

I said NO of course... :p

HailStonE said:
Just got a call from AIRTEL offering me their new plan of 1Mbps for the same rental of Rs 1099/- but with the FUP of 15GB after which they will reduce the speed to 15GB. :mad:

I got the same call a few days back and asked them to shove it, after hearing the FUP limit.

lol i am enjoying FUP free 512kbps unlimited at 699 per month , got this plan since 4 years , they didnt put any fup till now i already downloaded 12gb in this billing cycle .

HailStonE said:

What would be the speed after the FUP? 512 or 256?

^.. 256kbps...

@RoBoGhOsT .. You are lucky to have this connection without FUP. But you should check out Reliance Combo 749plan as well... 600kbps day + 1Mbps Night... :)

^.. Useless gimmick... Speed on Demand is not even available in all circles. Under my plan I was suppose to get 100 bucks worth of Speed on Demand but guess what.. It doesn't exist yet for my circle...

*Offer not valid in MP & Chhattisgarh.

Back