Airtel Broadband Double Speed offer

Crazysah said:
Yeah but the offer is over for a long time now.

No, the offer is still on. I tried my luck yesterday by sending that "Delight" sms and got a call 3 hours back confirming my details. Double speed will get activated within 7 working days according to the person who called me.

Now, an hour back i also got an email from Airtel with the following message

Dear Customer,

Now get Double Speed* on your Airtel Broadband and Free Calling Value Worth Rs. 100 on your Airtel landline by paying just Rs. 100 per month. All you need to do is sms DELIGHT to 53636. So hurry ! limited period offer

* Speed subject to Airtel's Fair Usage Policy which may be modified from time to time. If any tariff plan has differential speed between day and night, then FUP quota would consider day time downloads only.

Check out the condition i marked in bold, i am using that "Turbo 1299" plan (i.e 512Kbps during the day and 1MBps between 10pm to 6am), so basically i can download without worrying about the FUP during night :hap2:. Correct me if i am wrong.

Just tried to activate it on my TURBO 1299 in bangalore. The airtel dude tells me that they can only do it on plans with same daytime and nighttime speeds cause of some "technical issues "

I guess this is a delibrate ploy by airtel to remove the turbo 1299 type users who dont have a fair usage policy

offer is back now
Dear Customer,

Now get Double Speed* on your Airtel Broadband and Free Calling Value Worth Rs. 100 on your Airtel landline by paying just Rs. 100 per month. All you need to do is sms DELIGHT to 53636. So hurry ! limited period offer

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
Just applied for DTH Double Speed Offer

Will be getting 1mbps(20gb) in day and 2mbps in night on my swift 1099 plan.
Let us know how it goes. You'll be the first person in Bombay if that gets activated. Also how did you apply for it? Got any confirmation?

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
Just applied for DTH Double Speed Offer

Will be getting 1mbps(20gb) in day and 2mbps in night on my swift 1099 plan.

Isn't Swift 1099 512 day/512 night? Explorer 1099 is the one with 384(day)/1mbps(night). I just switched from my Explorer plan to Swift in the hopes of getting this topup. Hope it works, or I just gave up my night 1mbps speed for nothing...

sathyanaidu said:
can anyone please tell me is it just for a month or permanent upgrade?

The Rs.100 is an addl. payment you give for doubling the speed. Your original plan doesn't change. Once you activate this you'll be charged Rs. 100 every month on pro-rata basis.

SiriusB said:
Isn't Swift 1099 512 day/512 night? Explorer 1099 is the one with 384(day)/1mbps(night). I just switched from my Explorer plan to Swift in the hopes of getting this topup. Hope it works, or I just gave up my night 1mbps speed for nothing...

Nope swift 1099 offers 512 in day and 1mbps in night.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Let us know how it goes. You'll be the first person in Bombay if that gets activated. Also how did you apply for it? Got any confirmation?

Being a airtel dth user i got this plan activated free of cost and i confirmed with the guy and he said that it can be activated on any plan.

Saiyan said:
No, the offer is still on. I tried my luck yesterday by sending that "Delight" sms and got a call 3 hours back confirming my details. Double speed will get activated within 7 working days according to the person who called me.

Now, an hour back i also got an email from Airtel with the following message

Check out the condition i marked in bold, i am using that "Turbo 1299" plan (i.e 512Kbps during the day and 1MBps between 10pm to 6am), so basically i can download without worrying about the FUP during night :hap2:. Correct me if i am wrong.

Dude why are you using turbo 1299 when swift 1099 gives you the same thing for 200 bucks less :S

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
Being a airtel dth user i got this plan activated free of cost and i confirmed with the guy and he said that it can be activated on any plan.

Are you sure? Those dumb asses don't know what plan it's available for and any update regarding it. Even the double speed link has been taken down. :mad:

I have applied for it via the SMS, let's pray it works. Let me know if your speed has doubled or not.

UPDATE: Yet another futile effort to get this plan activated. The rep called me to confirm this scheme and I almost jumped with joy. Then she said the most obvious response "Sir, this scheme is not available in your plan 1099 Explore. It's only available for plans which do not have differential speeds"

To hell with Airtel. This is seriously pushing me one bit further to getting my MTNL connection back again.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Are you sure? Those dumb asses don't know what plan it's available for and any update regarding it. Even the double speed link has been taken down. :mad:

I have applied for it via the SMS, let's pray it works. Let me know if your speed has doubled or not.

UPDATE: Yet another futile effort to get this plan activated. The rep called me to confirm this scheme and I almost jumped with joy. Then she said the most obvious response "Sir, this scheme is not available in your plan 1099 Explore. It's only available for plans which do not have differential speeds"

To hell with Airtel. This is seriously pushing me one bit further to getting my MTNL connection back again.

yup buddy the plan name is Swift 1099 DTH Doublespeed plan(Benefit of being dth user).This offer can be activated on any plan :eek:hyeah:

With regards your email related to plan migration in Swift 1099 DTH Double

speed plan is registered with us & same is in process will be processed by

20th March 2010.

Had sent the SMS , and got a confirmation call yesterday .. I told them to activate the Double Speed offer .. hopefully this time they ll actually do that .

If it doesn't go through this time , I ll actually shift to the new 1399Plan with 4mbps and FUP of 25gig , after which speed reduces to 256Kbps .. I am not a heavy downloader ..

thanks guys, i switched for 512kbps unlimited from the turbo 1299 plan first. Took a days time for migration. Once that was done i sent the DELIGHT message, confirmed that there's no FUP for the 1099 plan. Got the plan activated the very next day :D

1199 for 1mbps unlimited... Airtel CC Bangalore FTW!

sathyanaidu said:
thanks guys, i switched for 512kbps unlimited from the turbo 1299 plan first. Took a days time for migration. Once that was done i sent the DELIGHT message, confirmed that there's no FUP for the 1099 plan. Got the plan activated the very next day :D

mumbai circle has 25gb fup on 512 unlimited plan :mad:

sathyanaidu said:

Are you sure ?. I am from chennai and da cc tells that the offer expired on 5th itself. Moreover the 512kbps plan has 75gb limit which cc told me.

Back