Airtel Cellular Service down in Mumbai ?

Airtel cellular service is down ? When I got up I looked at the phone and it had no network , after all the troubleshooting my end I tried calling another airtel no. using my land line and wasnt able to get to it...then i called Airtel Customer care on 9892098920 and they said , the service is down from their end in most of the areas in mumbai :mad: Anybody to confirm on this ? Its unusal for Airtel to have a downtime like this.....:no:

Expected uptime is : 4 PM ! ......:no:

Stick said:
Switch to Vodafone -

lol , if vodaphone network goes down because of the so said station going down in flames , then u would be posting this thread and i would be asking u to switch to Vodafone :bleh: ...btw , sadly networks here in mumbai are area specific ....bpl and vodafone tried , but not upto the mark , airtel is perfect in my locality.....

Okie saw that in news yesterday. Happened due to some problem which occured while changing the routing of call..... or whatever :p

But it also showed up in Jharkhand too with no network w/o any reason for about half an hour and then no GPRS till late morning today, so seems far reaching effect !

Airtel was down in all over maharashtra yesterday.. Even today it is.. if you are lucky, make free calls... They aren't charging for calls :bleh:

There was a major fire in Peninsula Chambers yesterday, all over the papers. Our office Internet connection from Bharti was out as well.

Had GPRS@ Rental 499/ P.M in Vodafone ( Orange then) in Apr-May 2004 for 2 months which performed in ratio of (working:non-working) 10:90 and,

Since then (Sep-2004 ) ( Rental varied as o-5-7-14.99 Rs) having Airtel GPRS which have performed in ratio of
working:non-working 99:1
So i wud always with be AIRTEL for ever

they had some sorta fire yesterday.

signal completely died on me at home(bandra)

was getting signal at other places.. but 'outgoing was barred'!!

there was some talk about them loadbalancing by routing through other networks..

havent seen it happen coz nw was up in the morning nd is down again now.

I was at dadar Vanita samaj hall yesterday near shivaji park and my signal was ok. I did get the sms from airtel saying their services will resume shortly, was wondering why i got this message? Then heard the news when i got back home. But still I didnt face any network blackout here in my locality. Able to make calls.

Working fine. But yes, their services were affected due to fire. Airtel has been good to me and has proven itself to be worthy cellular operator so incidents like this wont make me change the carrier :p

Back