Video Airtel DTH moving to new satellite - Lot more channels including new HD channels

indy1811

Skilled
Dear All,

In our endevour to provide best in class services and products, we are undertaking a capacity enhancement activity for all our valued customers.

1. New acquisition process:

All new acquisitions to happen on new Satellite SES7.

2. Benefits to our customers:

Many more choice of channels can be added post this enhancement - we are adding nearly 30 channels in the next few days itself.

Enhanced picture clarity and better viewing experience

Many new High Definition channels are planned and likely to be added in next few weeks / months.

3. Date of Rollout : 3rd March, 2011(All activations will happen on New Satellite SES 7 by default)

4. What has to be done:

All new acquisitions on New Satellite - 3rd March 2011, 4 a.m. onwards. Immediate Activity

Migrate existing customers to New Satellite - Will be started shortly - will come back with full details, plans and start date.

WHAT HAS TO BE DONE TODAY TO START NEW ACTIVATIONS FROM 3rd March, 2011.

Convert all existing Commercial / Swap STBs at partner location by downloading OTA - Please refer to the attached PPT for the process and guidelines.

All new installations & activations effective 3rd March, 4 am has to be installed as per the new Look Angle Chart - Please refer to the attached 'Look Angle Chart' for your respective locations for new satellite angle.

For any case where activation has to be done in old satellite, the customer will need to be activated and then migrated on IAM to old satellite S1 as the default setting is S2. (Please refer process attached)
SES- 7 Satellite Queries and FAQ Since airtel is shifting to SES-7 satellite, thought I should create a thread about SES-7 FAQ. People can ask their common questions related to SES-7 in this thread.

Q-What actually is SES-7?

A-SES-7 is a new satellite which Airtel is migrating from their previous INSAT4CR satellite. This satellite has lot more space than previous satellite which will help Airtel to add more channels and new services.

Q-How can I re-align my dish to SES-7 satellite?

A-Send an email to Airtel Digital TV at Digitaltv@Airtel.in regarding this, they will call you within 48 hours.

Q- What are new channels expected in this new satellite?

A-Currently these are new channels which are to be added with their expected prices (thanks to dthmagic) after migration-

SD Channels

1. Tv 5 @ Rs 5 +tax/month

3. Bhakti tv @ Rs 5+ tax/month

4. Paras tv @ Rs 5+tax/month

5. Jeevan tv @ Rs 5+tax/month

6. Discovery Turbo @ Rs 15+tax/month

7. Discovery Science @ Rs 15 +tax/month

8. Mastii tv @ Rs 5+tax/month

9. Sakshi tv @ Rs 5+tax/month

10. CBS Prime @ Rs 10+tax/month

11. Fox Crime @ Rs 10+tax/month

12. FX @ Rs 10+tax/month

13. Magik tv @ Rs 5+tax/month

14. Sadhna tv @ Rs 5+tax/month

15. Vasanth tv @ Rs 5+tax/month

16. Captain tv @ Rs 5+tax/month

HD Channels

Food Food HD @ Rs20+tax/month

Movies Now HD

Discovery HD World @ Rs 20+tax/month

Q-When we can see new channels?

A- No confirmed date yet but it is said to be added in the end of March or start of April.

Q-How do I add new channel?

A-Airtel has changed their adding channel sending number. So now, if you want to get a channel send sms as "Get channel name " to 54325.

Source: http://www.saveondish.com/forum/airtel-digital-tv-testing-on-ses-all-updates-t-30283-13.html

:clap::clap::clap:

Fahrenheit said:
Wonder why they started this migration during the world cup though..if anything goes wrong people will be pissed for sure...
as per airtel engg they are doing for now on new connection they will start with old connection after world cup

Hmmm , good news for me is that i will finally get to see the Discovery Turbo and Science . Don`t know when will i get most of the channels on 1080i .

Fahrenheit said:
huh? why do you want it to be delayed?
Come on man , u know its India . We don't get anything on time . Be it iphone or any thing else . For me its wait and watch .

Fenix said:
Come on man , u know its India . We don't get anything on time . Be it iphone or any thing else . For me its wait and watch .
dont wry as its not iphone so wont take that much time and will be air max by april end

One of my friend got a SMS that his monthly rate will be 120 rs + taxes. He is currently subscribed to mega pack which costs upward of 320 rupees a month.
Anyone has any info on the same ?

@Fenix,

Iphone and airtel dth are two different things man apple is not indian company so obviously they wont release in india first , whereas airtel is indian service so we can expect a faster service

@raksrules

Me also on same plan no sms yet :S

raksrules said:
One of my friend got a SMS that his monthly rate will be 120 rs + taxes. He is currently subscribed to mega pack which costs upward of 320 rupees a month.
Anyone has any info on the same ?
me on same plan no sms yet

Well am on the Ultra pack and have paid for next 6months. No update from them yet moreover seems Airtel has turned off all ETC Channels.

Back