Video Airtel DTH moving to new satellite - Lot more channels including new HD channels

Well then why should one Deactivate Old pack and Activate a new one? Airtel must add new channels to the current long term plan users as per their subscription plans.

Roxtin said:
Well then why should one Deactivate Old pack and Activate a new one? Airtel must add new channels to the current long term plan users as per their subscription plans.
Dont know about the others, but AIRTEL keeps changing and chopping their long term plans. Near christmas they were giving Tensports + ESPN + Start sports + Star Cricket + Pogo + Cartoon Network in their long term Economy sports plus kids pack. I got that on my primary STB.

I have multiple STBs so when promotional period of my secondary STB got over, all the channels in my primary STB must start in my Secondary STB at cost of 160/- per month, but it did not happen.

I complained two times in CC, the id10t operators could not understand what I was telling, the I elevated the call and asked for a call back by a manager. Meanwhile I started bombarding their Twitter handle.

From Twitter team I got immediate call, and ultimate result was that kids channel could not be activated in my secondary STB as it was a few days promotion, so instead they said they will activate all ten sports bouquet in secondary STB, which included, Tensports, ten cricket, ten action+ I was happpy so were my kids.

It took 40 minutes from my first tweet to them to solve this matter.

So in duration of your long term pack there is more attractive options, you should recharge your account of the necessary difference first, then deactivate the original pack, and in the same call activate new more attractive package.

got Discovery HD NGC HD and Movies now HD activated under hd pack saving of 22 rs rest channel i activated seprate discovery turbo and science

Fahrenheit said:
So, how much are u paying for the HD channels? Can you list out the prices individually please?
paying 46 for 3 hd channels and espn star hd was free for 50 day with my new connection. rest paying 16.06 for science and 16.06 for turbo

sukant said:
Do u have to call and get your dish realigned before opting for these channels ?
since i bought airtel in march so my dish installed at new sat but those who are still on old realigned will be done soon but area to area so even if u call and ask them to do so that will be done accordingly but what u can do here is complain that ur tv not working i mean no video and move ur dish a big which makes it not working once engg comes to check ask him to realigned to new he will do it but dont forgot to tell him to inform airtel that he changed it to new sat

I had a terrible time with airtel for the migration to the new sat. I called cc to subscribe discovery hd and they scheduled the sat migration. The engineer came and aligned the dish, but my stb was not able to receive signals from the sat. It was probably running an old firmware. He didn't turn up for 4 days, so no tv. I called him everyday, either i get an excuse or a promise to do this the very next day. Finally i told him to revert the dish to insat 4c, he came and did it, i was able to watch tv for 1 day evening. The engineer didn't update airtel so they blocked insat 4c for me and enabled me on ses-7. Now i began chasing the engineer again to get the dish back on ses-7. Finally got this done after 10 days. Wasted the ESPN HD pack and no TV for almost 15 days. Such is the level of service from Airtel. All this while i had talked to customercare (first level and supervisor) for more than an hour, complained through website notes, send emails to nodal officer and what not. I cannot imagine a customer service worse than this.

Guys how do I enable extra packs to my Airtel DTH. I got a free STB and connection with my Bravia. But the duh pack they gave has no movies or VH1. Their website shows the packages -- but when I click on them the channel listings are not there. Also one cc guy told me, to get movies only the HD pack or something is available. This will work with a non-HD tv right..?

asingh said:
Guys how do I enable extra packs to my Airtel DTH. I got a free STB and connection with my Bravia. But the duh pack they gave has no movies or VH1. Their website shows the packages -- but when I click on them the channel listings are not there. Also one cc guy told me, to get movies only the HD pack or something is available. This will work with a non-HD tv right..?
you ask cc to activate non hd movies now and hope your dish is alligned to new sat

^^

It is aligned to new sat I guess, it was plugged in last Sunday. Which package on the website (as a top up) is non-HD movies. I do not want to call their useless CC.

The damn dish in my rented home is at such an odd place that there is no way to reach to the dish except by a long ladder and even after one reaches there, there is absolutely no space to move the dish. So no new channels for me for now :(

^^ You will need to call them before hand. Moreover if you request for a channel which is on newer satellite, they will automatically tell you for realignment of dish.

Btw never pay those airtel people for re alignment. I have read / heard somewhere that they charge 100 rupees or so. Not sure though.

raksrules said:
^^ You will need to call them before hand. Moreover if you request for a channel which is on newer satellite, they will automatically tell you for realignment of dish.
Btw never pay those airtel people for re alignment. I have read / heard somewhere that they charge 100 rupees or so. Not sure though.
there is no fee for alignment but if u wait for them do turn by turn it will take time. best as i already said complain tv not woking and when engg visit ask him to do realin and do update with airtel

Airtel reps came to my home few days back to realign the dish but the position of the dish didn't allow it to receive signals from SES7 due to some blockage from walls etc. They said they'll come again after few days to relocate the dish, but haven't showed up yet. Now it's irrelevant since I've already booked TS+ HD and waiting for installation.

kippu said:
so guys its calling or they will come and do it themselves? is that food channel coming now?
Food Food is not added I think. Also, I learned from other forum that Movies Now (SD) and Cbeebies is now added to base pack, so whoever realigned the dish should get it for free without any add on.

Back