Video Airtel DTH moving to new satellite - Lot more channels including new HD channels

Roxtin said:
Well am on the Ultra pack and have paid for next 6months. No update from them yet moreover seems Airtel has turned off all ETC Channels.
yes yesterday i enquired they said they have removed etc and 9x from their dth service just 9x music is there

raksrules said:
One of my friend got a SMS that his monthly rate will be 120 rs + taxes. He is currently subscribed to mega pack which costs upward of 320 rupees a month.

Anyone has any info on the same ?
My friend enquired with airtel people and they said they sent the SMS errornously :(

But what will be the scene with this new satellite thing ?

My friend asked the airtel guy and he said there is no need to change alignment of dish, only changes will be transponder side.

Also what channels can we expect to be added to mega pack of the ones listed ?

I hope they add movies now (dont care if it is not HD, but i guess Movies now is ONLY HD) :S

raksrules said:
My friend asked the airtel guy and he said there is no need to change alignment of dish, only changes will be transponder side.
I hope they add movies now (dont care if it is not HD, but i guess Movies now is ONLY HD) :S
well airtel person who installed at my place did on new sat as he said later after world cup all old connection will be done as its required for new channels

raksrules said:
They will call each one of us to schedule the realignment and gradually everyone will be on new satellite. You need to realign the dish, else it's not possible.

Don't know which all channels will be added to the pack etc. but Movies Now is HD. I hope at least they give us an HD pack for reasonable amount, with all the HD channels included.

arun687 said:
They will call each one of us to schedule the realignment and gradually everyone will be on new satellite. You need to realign the dish, else it's not possible.

Don't know which all channels will be added to the pack etc. but Movies Now is HD. I hope at least they give us an HD pack for reasonable amount, with all the HD channels included.
let see when they do it but can max hope they will do soon and with nice and decent price rest finger crossed as airtel known for high prices

Since today morning i can see discovery HD, Movies HD, movies normal, discovery science, turbo channles on my airtel dth hd looks they have update

delguy19 said:
Since today morning i can see discovery HD, Movies HD, movies normal, discovery science, turbo channles on my airtel dth hd looks they have update
You able to actually View any of them ?? Also with Movies normal do you mean Movies Now ??

Because i would love to have Movies NOW under my current mega pack.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also delguy19, did you get your dish realigned or the channels started to come automatically ?

Any update to firmware needed ?

Please clarify.

raksrules said:
You able to actually View any of them ?? Also with Movies normal do you mean Movies Now ??
Because i would love to have Movies NOW under my current mega pack.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also delguy19, did you get your dish realigned or the channels started to come automatically ?
Any update to firmware needed ?
Please clarify.
I am talking about movies now HD and movies now normal

I cant view because not yet activated the channels will be able to activate from tomorrow price for movies now hd is 22.06 rs and movies now normal is 11.06 rs discovert HD is for 22.06 rs. according to airtel customer have to buy seprately as they wont be added in mega pack

my dish was already aligned to new sat as mine was new installation
no software update yet

I can see those channels in the list as well, but can't view them. The dish is not re aligned yet.

@raksrules - Yes, there are 2 channels for Movies Now, the SD and the HD one. :D

Yes me too now getting all the new channels, but cannot view :(

I had hoped they would add some in Mega pack but forgot it it AIRTEL.....sigh :-[

I just had a word with the CC guy and as per him these channels have not been activated yet by Airtel. Once these channels are activated it would be added to the Ultra pack which is the Highest value pack of Airtel DTH.

Hope I don't have to pay them extra :mad:

Roxtin said:
I just had a word with the CC guy and as per him these channels have not been activated yet by Airtel. Once these channels are activated it would be added to the Ultra pack which is the Highest value pack of Airtel DTH.

Hope I don't have to pay them extra :mad:
lets see what they will do to include these new channels but according to cc they will make new packs so anyone stuck with long terms packs will face issue rest have to wait and watch how they make new packs

delguy19 said:
lets see what they will do to include these new channels but according to cc they will make new packs so anyone stuck with long terms packs will face issue rest have to wait and watch how they make new packs
Recently I had talk with a superior in Airtel DTH CC regarding my longterm pack. and He said it is possible to deactivate the older pack and reactivate a new pack according to your needs, just the balance amount you will need to pay.

medpal said:
Recently I had talk with a superior in Airtel DTH CC regarding my longterm pack. and He said it is possible to deactivate the older pack and reactivate a new pack according to your needs, just the balance amount you will need to pay.
when it comes to airtel its better trust when they really doing what they are saying and in my experience half of the times floor manager just stories and excuses and give nice lie just for sake of it thats all and when you ask them that thing in real they will say sorry that cannot be done

Do we get refund in case if someone wants to cancel his ongoing long term plan and switch to some other DTH provider?

Back