Video Airtel DTH moving to new satellite - Lot more channels including new HD channels

raksrules said:
^^Movies now to base back ?? :O

Shucks, WhyTH is my dish at such an awkward position. :-[
Yea, there new angle requirement is totally different. Kind of 90 degrees counter-clockwise with respect to current DTH LNB mounts.

arun687 said:
Food Food is not added I think. Also, I learned from other forum that Movies Now (SD) and Cbeebies is now added to base pack, so whoever realigned the dish should get it for free without any add on.
Just saw an update that these 2 channels are added for free as a part of promotion only till 18th April. :p

Airtel guys came to my place and realigned the dish also they informed me that the software on the set top box is already updated so it needs no change. Still am unable to see the new channels and I am on 6 month advance Ultra pack are these channels not included in Ultra??

^ I think they need to update your account settings to new satellite package. Call cc and inform them and they will do it for you from their end. Since ultra pack is the highest pack, you should get most if not all the newly added channels.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

PhotostarSR said:
Do we have to give any request to reallign the dish?
what error code ur getting if its anything apart from error code 4 and ur dish has realign means cc needs to change ur account setting ask them to do so that can be done in 30 min

arun687 said:
^ I think they need to update your account settings to new satellite package. Call cc and inform them and they will do it for you from their end. Since ultra pack is the highest pack, you should get most if not all the newly added channels.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk
Last time i talked to CC they informed me that there is another new pack called Super Ultra which is highest priced at Rs 450+ taxes (something like that) and it included all the channels. Not sure if HD channels are also part of that.

raksrules said:
Last time i talked to CC they informed me that there is another new pack called Super Ultra which is highest priced at Rs 450+ taxes (something like that) and it included all the channels. Not sure if HD channels are also part of that.
every second day they are adding new channel dont know when and how they will combine and make it as one pack till that time keep on paying extra and getting loot

PhotostarSR said:
Do we have to give any request to reallign the dish?
They came to my place without me giving any request. If you request in CC, maybe the process might get expedited but otherwise too, they'll come and do it eventually for all customers.

Just called up airtel guys since i got some SM2..error during installation error.

They said that they have done migration for me from BACKEND which possibly means that i can now receive the newer channels like movies now without having to change the physical position of the dish antenna. Hope this SM2 is corrected soon (anyone knows what this issue is ??) then will report back.

raksrules said:
Just called up airtel guys since i got some SM2..error during installation error.
They said that they have done migration for me from BACKEND which possibly means that i can now receive the newer channels like movies now without having to change the physical position of the dish antenna. Hope this SM2 is corrected soon (anyone knows what this issue is ??) then will report back.
if they have taken request it will be done in max 30 min

^ They have updated your account details to new satellite package but your dish is still pointing to old satellite, hence the error. If it was the other way around, error code will be SM1. You cannot receive new channels without changing position of dish to new satellite. So ask them to send engineer to get it done.

delguy19 said:
if they have taken request it will be done in max 30 min

Yes they told to keep box on for 30 min and it will be done.
arun687 said:
^ They have updated your account details to new satellite package but your dish is still pointing to old satellite, hence the error. If it was the other way around, error code will be SM1. You cannot receive new channels without changing position of dish to new satellite. So ask them to send engineer to get it done.

I reconfirmed him twice and they told that they have made software modifications which will enable me to receive the newer channels. He may be bluffing though. As it is, that is not a priority now, main thing is that TV should start.

I called the CC today and they informed me all new channels are Part of a "Super Ultra" pack. As I am already on Long Term (6month) Ultra Pack with about 4.5months remaining if I want to switch to Super Ultra, I have to again pay for the 6month including difference :mad:

Finally I asked them to disconnect the connection and give me refund of my balance. Think its time to switch to some new DTH service now.

Roxtin said:
I called the CC today and they informed me all new channels are Part of a "Super Ultra" pack. As I am already on Long Term (6month) Ultra Pack with about 4.5months remaining if I want to switch to Super Ultra, I have to again pay for the 6month including difference :mad:

Finally I asked them to disconnect the connection and give me refund of my balance. Think its time to switch to some new DTH service now.
I dont think so there is any possible way to get money back its prepaid system once gone its gone. u can stop using it but dont expect any kind of refund. this is big time heaven for service provider where once stuck customer have no option

With my current experiences of Airtel DTH, I have taken an oath not to ever get Airtel Digital TV at all. They have worst customer service (personal experience) and their back end jerks just change profiles and settings at will. And yes their packages are crap.

raksrules said:
With my current experiences of Airtel DTH, I have taken an oath not to ever get Airtel Digital TV at all. They have worst customer service (personal experience) and their back end jerks just change profiles and settings at will. And yes their packages are crap.
Any alternate DTH service with good HD packages in your mind? planning to take HD for multiple TV's.

Back