Video Airtel DTH moving to new satellite - Lot more channels including new HD channels

^^I am also a fed up customer of airtel. Just because it is not my connection, i cannot remove it. I suggest better switch to anything but airtel.

^^I cannot since i live in rented apartment and the cable wallah would ask 1500 for initial installation etc stuff (i haven't asked but in earlier home i stayed, that is what they took).

Called up CC for realigning of satellite , got a reply stating wednesday and date he came on monday no one was there at our place he went back and never came :(

guys its monsoon time in kolkata and i am facing strange issues. during light rainfall the signal gets disturbed and during heavy rain/storm there is no signal. is this happening only to me or a common problem?

^^Its a very common problem faced by every DTH user :). About the dish realignment, I called the CC just once the engineers came the very next day. Till now haven't really faced any troubles from their CC, though they sound quite dumb and its very irritating explaining your issues to them.

^ That's a common woe with all these DTH services.... so relax, it's not just you. This happens on Tata Sky also during heavy showers.

karizma.r2008 said:
guys its monsoon time in kolkata and i am facing strange issues. during light rainfall the signal gets disturbed and during heavy rain/storm there is no signal. is this happening only to me or a common problem?
If signal strength and quality are below 200/40% then fine tune to 240/60% by realigning dish will decrease disturbance during rain/storm. My dish aligned to ses-7 with 250/60% signals, though on second extension STB quality is 100%.

my signal strength is 192 and quality is 60. now please tell me step by step method to increase to 240/60 or above. i am a noob in this dth thing... thanks in advance.

karizma.r2008 said:
my signal strength is 192 and quality is 60. now please tell me step by step method to increase to 240/60 or above. i am a noob in this dth thing... thanks in advance.
Book complaint with Airtel CC for realignment/relocation of dish with a reason poor signal in rainy weather. It should be free of cost but confirm that with CC. If you want to try by own first mark in current position on dish then slightly loose screws to move antenna 2-3 degree up/down or left right to maximize signals.

Learned 1 thing.. Never ever (Repeat Never ever take) Airtel DTH in life. Gave away for free to Kamwali bai.

One of the worst (Again repeat) worst ever customer care service.

Even if they give for free connection DONT take it.

Hopeless customer care, They just keep the phone if they dont understand your issue. Nodal office is a joke, NO reply on email or calls.

Throw the Airtel Dish OR use as potty for your kids :p

Praks said:
Learned 1 thing.. Never ever (Repeat Never ever take) Airtel DTH in life. Gave away for free to Kamwali bai.

One of the worst (Again repeat) worst ever customer care service.

Even if they give for free connection DONT take it.

Hopeless customer care, They just keep the phone if they dont understand your issue. Nodal office is a joke, NO reply on email or calls.

Throw the Airtel Dish OR use as potty for your kids :p
I agree 100 percent as i am using airtel from last 4 months now and in 4 months have to call customer care for 10 times regarding some issue to be resolved by fixing dish and on the other hand i am using relaince digital tv which eariler was big tv from last 4 yrs and from day 1 till now never needed to call for any help regarding signal or dish issue

Yesterday Airtel called me to realign my Dish, I am using multiroom connection, they arrived in 10 minutes of call.

Realigned the Dish, some pixellation that was there before realignment was removed, no problems whatsoever, both TVs are running supersmooth.

I am using Airtel for more than 2 years now, and I have not faced any problems barring one multiroom channel sync problem which was solved once I raised matter with their all possible CC channels (ie phone + email + Twitter).

I have also been customer of DISH TV which I discontinued and it was worse during rains than Airtel.

I will definitely recommend Airtel for PQ.

Guys, what HD channels are available on AirtelHD for now? And are these upscaled or true HD? I went to their website but dint find much info about HD channels.

today I got the message in Airtel STB about Movies Now HD, Discovery HD and Natgeo HD free for 7 days, did any one else received this message, and did you get the free channels or not?

Message was flashed around 2.25 pm today and still the channels were not active, last time HBO free was activated quickly.

@medpal

Probably, Only Happy Customer of Airtel DTH on Planet :)

Buddy, you get HD channels only if you have HD STB, Normal STB you dont get HD.

My DishTV konks off even before the showers start. Guess I can use it to predict the rains. Heck, I hardly care. TV is just sound in the back ground anyways.

Praks said:
@medpal

Probably, Only Happy Customer of Airtel DTH on Planet :)

Buddy, you get HD channels only if you have HD STB, Normal STB you dont get HD.

Dear I have two STBs, One HD and One SD, :D.

An update regarding Free HD Channels,

Those who are being migrated freshly to the new satellite are being offered free preview of Movies Now HD, Discovery HD, and NGC HD for 7 days from the day of activation. You have to call CC to activate it, and also if you dont want to continue after 7 days you have to call again to deactivate it.

All 3 channels are HD Plus TOP UP for 44/- Rs. per month after the free preview is over.

Back