Airtel Fiber: Got cheated by Airtel employee

How many Airtel employees does it take to resolve a simple issue like this?

reminds me of joke about number of students required to change a light bulb

4 or 5 people called me and there were more than 12 calls.
But still, they say we will "resolve" the issue and asked for time.
Somehow it isn't a "simple" issue for them I guess.

4 or 5 people called me and there were more than 12 calls.
But still, they say we will "resolve" the issue and asked for time.
Somehow it isn't a "simple" issue for them I guess.
Why don't they cut money from that scammers paycheck and give it back to the people he scammed? It should resolve the situation pretty fast imo.

Nah, if they're genuinely looking at this then the employee will get fired, nothing less.
No company would like to keep a fraudulent employee.

You'll get your bill re-adjusted at best.
That is what happening, he is a repeat offender and they are furious. His manager said we won’t tolerate such ‘fraudster’ anymore. They seems to have already started taking relevant action on him, but he seems to be not worried at all. He isn’t showing up at work since 2 days and not answering their calls again.

Whether I get refund or getting bill adjusted, both are fine I guess. Airtel’s internet service is great but this entire incident made me frustrated on using airtel.

Hi guys, need a little help from people who have raised complaints in nch/INGRAM website.

Airtel guys said they will resolve by Saturday and updated the status in Nch website to “closed”. Still issue is not resolved. Does it mean they are done with nch complaint?
From my side it still shows “in process” and I haven’t closed the grievance from my side.

Last edited:
Good news guys...
The issue is finally resolved and they made the guy refund the remaining amount.
I had to do multiple follow-ups even for this and that guy tried to once again escape, but the higher-ups finally helped to get this resolved.

This was such a nightmare for me for two weeks and I blame airtel customer care for not helping.
Thanks to every one of you who guided me here on how to escalate this issue. We have such a great forum where we can help each other.

Good news guys...
The issue is finally resolved and they made the guy refund the remaining amount.
I had to do multiple follow-ups even for this and that guy tried to once again escape, but the higher-ups finally helped to get this resolved.

This was such a nightmare for me for two weeks and I blame airtel customer care for not helping.
Thanks to every one of you who guided me here on how to escalate this issue. We have such a great forum where we can help each other.
Can you tell us what got them moving? which website had this complaint to appear before they got going

Clearly talking to CS and higher-ups did not do much

Put another way, how would you approach this if it happened again? What would you do? What would you not do?

That is the sort of summary anyone in the future looking at this or having this problem will want to know

But, you paid for some 3 months scheme etc etc, are you getting same benefits for what have you paid initially ?
The kind of scam/plan the guy pulled off is too much to explain. Basically, he paid for 1 month in a different type of plan, so you won't understand until after the 2nd month that you will get billed.

I paid for 3 months but got billed for 2nd month. But they say first 30 days is free, but this guy shows a receipt that he paid 1500. Very confusing.
In a total calculation, maybe I will be incurring extra 300 because of this guy. But that too is confusing for me.
So their managers chose to get the guy to refund the remaining 2000 instead of adjusting the bill, as they too are baffled.

This same guy pulled this stunt for 2 more customers. I suggested them to take steps so he won't repeat scams again. Don't know what action they will take. The guy is just too clever and didn't fear any consequences. His managers had to do multiple follow-ups and few actions to get this guy.

Can you tell us what got them moving? which website had this complaint to appear before they got going

That is unclear what got them moving. 70% I am sure it is consumer helpline/INGRAM complaint. The rest maybe my final email to several of those teams decently "scolding" them for their inefficiency. But got calls from multiple teams though. Only 2 guys mentioned nch and 1 mentioned "your email sir".

Clearly talking to CS and higher-ups did not do much

Their customer care is basically useless for these complaints. They can only explain you your plan benefits and trigger a service visit if something goes wrong.

Put another way, how would you approach this if it happened again? What would you do? What would you not do?

That is the sort of summary anyone in the future looking at this or having this problem will want to know

I have already summarised a list of things to do and how to get rid of the problem. Will share in few minutes.

Based on this experience with Airtel and speaking to their managers and agents, I am putting some info below so that you can avoid getting scammed in similar ways. Some of this info might be obvious but still could be useful for some of you.

1. Always prefer online mode while taking connections or paying and don't rely on agents/employees.
  2. Don't pay rental/connection money to employees. Ask for payment link or swipe machine from company.
  3. Make sure the plan they are ordering for you, is the one you selected. They can show you this while initiating the order in their app/site. Don’t accept if they say ”system or site has some error” etc.
  4. In the worst case that you are paying or already paid to employees, take official receipt and confirm it from customer care that they have deposited that amount in your account. Also, take their ID card snapshot/office address, so that it will be easier to contact their higher-ups if something goes wrong.
  5. Be extra careful when taking 3+ months advance plans, this is where the worst things happen.
  6. If you are taking Airtel Black/bundled plans, take it only if you "need" it and don't get misled by attractive offers. Getting out of airtel black is a little hectic process.
  7. When paying money for installation or device, do confirm if it is non-refundable or refundable.
  8. If at all something goes wrong, make sure you email or contact all the teams, including nodal officers, appellate etc. Don't just rely on generic customer care team.
  9. Finally, if nothing else helps, lodge a grievance in NCH, but don't wait too long to do this.
  10. All the time, maintain payment screenshots, WhatsApp chats and call recordings. Without these, your case won't be strong.

Don't panic if you get scammed. If you have the will and patience, you can fight back.

If you need any help/info from me regarding these incidents, feel free to ask or pm.

@blr_p My email got their higherups attention first, later ingram complaint like an added special effect.

Hi bro, even i got scammed by airtel guy he took 6008rs and recharged for 3004rs only. I'm filing a complaint on ingram
That's bad. Try to contact that person first and ask him what's wrong. Try to record the call for proof.
I hope you have not given him that money in cash.

Back