Airtel is throttling P2p .. Check whether urs is being Throttled?

billybob said:
I'm getting throttled as well! I hardly download any torrents and even when I do they are legal ones (TV shows etc.) with good trackers and seeders. Even with a 4mbps connection my speed sometimes gets stuck at 60kbps!
This doesn't happen always, but still very annoying!

I think when we already have FUP in place why there should be an additional need to throttle torrents? I think this is pretty nasty from Airtel!

yeah thats the issue and due to this I am hardly able to use fup limits too sad for reality thats why its Failtel

lol see the irony in it

we are discussing problems of Airtel `2mbps and see what ad i get on ontop

[attachment=8607:15094.attach]

Does our life being there or....

Attachments

• fun.jpg
    fun.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 178
I was downloading this morning and after 11am the torrent even refused to start! And now I'm constantly stuck between 20kbps - 60kbps!

Normal HTTP downloads work fine at 500kbps +

This is bloody stupid! What the hell!

Weird i've been facing issues with p2p since long now. I get 62+ kBps in IDM and utorrent hovers around 20-32 kBps, rarely it goes to 62+.

Rockfella said:
Weird i've been facing issues with p2p since long now. I get 62+ kBps in IDM and utorrent hovers around 20-32 kBps, rarely it goes to 62+.

yeah thats the issue due to this i am not able to use my full fup limit lol and i dont have much to download from http so no pint though its fup or without fup i cant use much as max speed is 60

So its a common issue. To avoid confusion we can mention only speeds in kBps in threads like these. 20kBps, 60 kBps 400 kBps is easily understood.

Today when I was getting the dreadful speeds I did one thing which increased the speed to around 200kbps (from less than 60kbps which I was getting in the day).

I have the 220BXi modem and all I did was a quick restart (just a flick of the switch). That did the trick, although still didn't get the full potential speed which is 500kbps +

Along with this I also used Miro instead of uTorrent. Sometimes Miro gets full speeds when uTorrent isn't able to. Not sure how or why but it happens!

Of late the throttling issue has become far worse. The only time I am getting decent speeds on torrents is between 1:00 AM and 10:00 AM. After that, the speeds drop down to 15-20 KBps :O. On http links, I hardly get 1Mbps during the day. Calls to the CC have been useless. They have imposed some crappy 30GB high speed data limit on my connection after which they claim that the speed shall drop down to 256kbps!! This is becoming increasingly frustrating. Chennai users, how is your experience with Reliance? As of now, Reliance seems to be the only ISP offering a decent plan for downloaders and gamers. I am seriously considering a move from CrapTel to Reliance.

^^ Thanks for the link mate. Much appreciated :).

Well, I finally threw in the towel. Applied for an internet connection with Reliance over the phone. CC executive has promised that the installation shall be done within 7 working days :p. Lets see how it goes. I have chosen the Night Booster Zoom 1 plan. Day - 1Mbps, Night - 2Mbps. Data Usage - Unlimited. Monthly Charges - Rs 1,499 + 10.3% service charge. Comes to about 1650. Installation charges are supposed to be 500, non refundable.

Anybody on TE from Chennai with Reliance? Please do post your feedback here. I am kinda fed up with CrapTel and the whole torrent speed throttling issue. What's the point of paying 1700 bucks a month if you can't even download stuff properly! Useless I say. Will be posting updates as and when I get them.

Sourav said:

Well, I finally threw in the towel. Applied for an internet connection with Reliance over the phone. CC executive has promised that the installation shall be done within 7 working days :p. Lets see how it goes. I have chosen the Night Booster Zoom 1 plan. Day - 1Mbps, Night - 2Mbps. Data Usage - Unlimited. Monthly Charges - Rs 1,499 + 10.3% service charge. Comes to about 1650. Installation charges are supposed to be 500, non refundable.

Anybody on TE from Chennai with Reliance? Please do post your feedback here. I am kinda fed up with CrapTel and the whole torrent speed throttling issue. What's the point of paying 1700 bucks a month if you can't even download stuff properly! Useless I say. Will be posting updates as and when I get them.

Rite Now i dont have any problem with my airt tel connection if anything happens i need a back up so do let us know so far my connection has been stable with 1mbps in the day and 2 mbps in the nite so TOUCHWOOD TOUCH WOOD

Is anyone getting low download speed on file sharing sites like megaupload, mediafire etc and video streaming sites like megavideo, daily motion etc ? I've getting low speeds since sunday, mere 40-50KBps on a 2mbps connection and just 20-30KBps while streaming.:(

Sourav said:

Can you please update?

^^Good for you ;). Don't forget to pay any of the bills. Once you delay in payment and they suspend your account temporarily your speed would be reduced to normal 512kbps.

Even i experienced throttling today. But changed the port no. to random and applied in utorrent and the speeds were normal again.

challapradyumna said:
Long Live BSNL 750 Plan . Some how i am getting 200Kbps Download Speed = Approx 2Mbps Bandwidth ......:cool2:

Check if you are getting these speeds from a particular set of users or not. If yes, then the speeds will not be there on all torrents. Else then, whatever be the problem, do not turn off/disconnect your ADSL modem!

WingZero said:
^^Good for you ;). Don't forget to pay any of the bills. Once you delay in payment and they suspend your account temporarily your speed would be reduced to normal 512kbps.

I even dont wait for the bill to arrive at home.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vivek.krishnan said:
Check if you are getting these speeds from a particular set of users or not. If yes, then the speeds will not be there on all torrents. Else then, whatever be the problem, do not turn off/disconnect your ADSL modem!

They said they have a shortage of modems and gave me a separate model . May be that is the reason......

Back