Airtel launches unlimited 3G data plan

It's not a plan. The airtel site says that the max they'll bill you for data usage is Rs.1000 /- if you're not on a data plan. Obviously it's for post paid connections only.

Call them up and ask them how much you'll have to pay if you download 40GB and don't have a data pack. And ask them if you'll be on 3g speeds throughout the month, no matter how much you download.

I do not think the way you are interpreting it is correct. Knowing airtel it would just cap your bill to 1000. So whenever you have made usage amounting to 1000 bucks your 3G services will get de activated for the rest of the month. With that calculation I guess it should be around 326 MB of data that you can use post which you will have no active 3G data services. :bleh:

Airtel has launched some pretty amazing 3G plans.

Airtel launches time based 3G pack & SmartBytes Data plans | Teleguru.in

image.png

My personal favorite is 1 GB for 250 bucks. If I don't see something similar from Idea soon, I will port out :D
Here we are almost two years later and the prices of the above plans are similar. a few rupees more. However there are processing fees attached that are a bit ridiculous if you go by what's on this page.

1 GB of prepaid data is Rs.510 (!)

Back