Airtel News Update Thread...

OK...now bangalore guys seem to be in luck...me & my friend (both different locations) are getting ~65kb/s download & ~50kb/s upload speed since yesterday morning...we've not disconnected ..... or rebooted the modem...cause we were afraid that the speeds may go normal again..:lol:
p.s: & thats the reason ive not played css yesterday...but baah..ive increased my DT ratio from 2.* to 4.*

& just for informational sake...My IP is 125.22.35.232

& guess what speeds we are on...
128 kbps :p
:happy: :happy:

So I guess everyone i.e. 256K Unlimited Packages gets an adsl router and not the shitty adsl modem? Does Port forwarding work on the adsl modem?

today, the whole morning, even I was getting double speeds....then the power went and I got a new IP address and speed came back to normal :'( :'(

DAMN BESCOM !! :mad: :mad: :mad:

btw @ nikhil..when i was getting the speeds i wasnt able to login to internet....(randon times) but p2p (azureus/utorrent) rocked my world..:D...i had to restart within 2 hrs after i posted that message...:cry:

@zewarrior: where u from?

are all bangalore guys now getting double speed..... i am getting since i switched to 128 kbps...(at night it doubles to ~28kb/sec)

@Sandy - Hotwire.
@super_saiyan - Delhi. Been on it for over 2 years now. This happens every other week for a few days. Normally get 30k.

I called up Airtel Tech Support in Delhi to enquire about whether they assign Public IP's and the support guy verified that they dont provide public IP's with the Home999 plan i.e. 256kbps. People on this thread have mentioned quite a few times that they assign public IP's. How is that possible? Are you guys with public IP's on the Business plan? Airtel Tech support says that they assign Private IP's i.e 192.x.x.x. Somebody please clarify! And anyone knows who the local rep for Airtel Broadband in Vasant Kunj, Delhi is? HELP!

checksum said:
you get a public ip. since they give a beetel modem cum router, you will be using it thru NAT. but you WILL get a public ip
I specifically asked the Tech Support guy. He said you get a private IP assigned (dynamic) to your Beetel DSL modem/router i.e. 192.x.x.1 and your pc gets 192.x.x.2. People in Delhi on Airtel please clarify.

Can anyone from Mumbai report that they get "double" connection speeds etc. ?

My Airtel connection is lousy, it was down on the 7th of August, I've had a 3 day down time in July, and my DL speeds don't surpass 13kb/s ... even if it's an ftp DL ...

It's queer!

I'm on the 128kb unlimited connection btw.

Unrealistic said:
Can anyone from Mumbai report that they get "double" connection speeds etc. ?

My Airtel connection is lousy, it was down on the 7th of August, I've had a 3 day down time in July, and my DL speeds don't surpass 13kb/s ... even if it's an ftp DL ...

It's queer!

I'm on the 128kb unlimited connection btw.

13 KB is very ok on 128 connection

bangalore guys :).....any 128 kbps users here....almost all the 128kbps users i know are getting double speeds during nights......so is it official now??...

Back