Airtel slow tonight in Delhi?

Spacescreamer said:
Speeds in noida been down too ..
My frnd says that his nite double has been stopped.. he is cribbing now ..

I have been lucky till now. I am also from noida and i am still getting double speeds at night i.e 30KBps during the day and 50-55 Kbps in the night.

real_india said:
I have been lucky till now. I am also from noida and i am still getting double speeds at night i.e 30KBps during the day and 50-55 Kbps in the night.

Looks like many have had narrow escape! Strange!

Well, I am not one of those lucky ones. My speeds are capped at 23K and night double stopped. I have complained at all levels, CC, nodal, appelate, TRAI, and now the COO Mr Deepak Srivastava. He has replied via email that he will personally tell the nodal officer to get in touch with me and get my problem resolved. Let us see what happens

THere.. its over... one of my friends finally got a call and they explained that as too much downloads were being done at night.. the Night double scheme has been dropped... and in certain areas where its still present will be cancelled in the coming month...
As for the speed cap, they said that this is the new way airtel speeds are gonna stay and wont be changed anytime soon...

Guess its time to move on.....

^ Yep... got a call from the nodal office, saying that they have been noticing "extremely high" (10Gb :p) monthly downloads in residences with night double, hence the scheme is being withdrawn. It will gradually be stopped for all customers.

As for the daytime speeds, they say 10k/sec is perfectly acceptable as the plan says "upto" 128kbps.

Mind you this was not some CC guy, this was a nodal officer who called me after receiving my email.

He specifically said that the situation is going to remain like this.

So yes, its time for change... :)

I am in Noida too and so far so good. I have experienced no drops so far. However more of my friends in Delhi confirmed that Airtel is dropping all double speed without informing the customers.

I got the airtel connection few days back after a long wait for port availability....

and As soon as I got the connection they dropped doubled speed at night....

In such case i better switch to some local ISP if I have to live with 128 only they are cheaper....

I got a call from a nodal officer today regarding my complaint...

Here is what she told me....

Too many users have been opting for 128 and 256kbps unlimited plan so the bandwidth is all choked up and the speeds will remain the same in future...

She offerred me a 512Kbps unlimited plan for 1,999 instead and said that this would give me decent speeds if i go for this....

What BS...

^ Yea... One nodal officer also offered me "bandwith on demand", citing absurd per hour rates :p.

Clearly now their only agenda is to force customers to switch to more expensive plans.

Same here in Chandigarh. Am too on the Unltd. 256 plan and get 25-27 max dload/upload. Same line by CC here too sic(your plan says speeds from 128-256). They can't even say with a straight face that yes, we've been capped to 25kbps.

Can't shift to BSNL either with their crappy upload speeds. Gonna watch 'n' wait for a while.

the thing with tata is its 999 but gives in true 256 @ 24x7 when there is not down time from wht i have experienced at some places + their 512 plan comes out to be around 1.6 k if paid in advance thats like after one checks their speeds for 3 -4 months and is satisfied and move that ways.

Airtel ppl are lying bastards. My friend who lives just a few houses away from me is still getting night double on the same plan.... in fact he is getting around 300kbps !!

They are clearly capping people with high usage.

Same here in Ghaziabad. On my 128 kbps unlimited no night double.

ALso the funniest thing they self switched my friends 256unlimited plan to 128 and it was a fierce fight before we can get that corrected back.

200mph said:
the thing with tata is its 999 but gives in true 256 @ 24x7 when there is not down time from wht i have experienced at some places + their 512 plan comes out to be around 1.6 k if paid in advance thats like after one checks their speeds for 3 -4 months and is satisfied and move that ways.

you are right , tata doesn't cap upload & download ,I am Tata user :)

Back