Airtel takes on JioFiber with new Xstream bundle broadband plans starting at Rs 499

Jio is 1400-1600rs in my area.
Wait how is this variable? Typical Indian jugaad here too?

P.s. as expected today found out that the old (unused currently) Airtel lines in my building are not fiber. They will be laying fiber in a week or two. But i still wanna first use jio for free for a month even if I'm going with Airtel lol.

Also even the 1200 bucks a year extra for Airtel is a waste for me because 30M is more than enough for me. That is if quality and service of Jio and Airtel are equivalent. If Jio is MUCH worse than Airtel, then the extra would be worth it, but it seems unlikely. Seen a few complaints of Airtel on the broadband forum which seems like they're not too far off from Jio with being a-holes.

Airtel fiber launching in the below cities.. Soon..

Capture.PNG

Source: https://onlytech.com/60-cities-now-on-airtel-xstream-fiber-radar-for-imminent-launch/

I'm going to be visiting my hometown for a couple of months. Right now there is no broadband at home as my parents use their mobiles and it's sufficient for them.

However I will need good speed for my office work.

Both jio and airtel fiber should be available at my place in indore.

Which one will turn out to be the cheapest option for a month or so? Net of the security or installation charges?

Am thinking a 30-100 mbps plan so nothing very fancy or high speed

In the introductory offer, they mentioned if disconnected within 30 days, they would refund entire 1500 amount, post 30 days, they would retain 1000 ru as installation charges and refund 500.
I am currently unaware about the current scenario, if they have changed any. Best to ask Jio ppl about latest proposals.

A query regarding Airtel Fiber. I'm on 499 plan (589 actual). If on next recharge, I opt for higher plan and on a consecutive recharge, I downgrade it back to 499 one, can I do that?

Anyone experiences automatic password reset on 5 ghz wi-fi on Nokia router. This has been happening with me as whenever I reset password over Airtel app it automatically resets itself again in 7-10 days. This is not happening with 2.4 ghz as all my devices switch over to it automatically when it fails to recognise the password on 5 ghz.

Anyone experiences automatic password reset on 5 ghz wi-fi on Nokia router. This has been happening with me as whenever I reset password over Airtel app it automatically resets itself again in 7-10 days. This is not happening with 2.4 ghz as all my devices switch over to it automatically when it fails to recognise the password on 5 ghz.
Never experienced. Raise a complaint with sister, probably a firmware issue

Those on Airtel FTTH (Fiber) plans, can you check if you can open ports on your router. I am on Netplus FTTH broadband and have been unable to open any ports, even though they are shown as opened on the ZTE router they provide.
BTW, which router is provided by Airtel?

The Airtel 499 plan is amazing. It gives download speeds upto 5MBPS. Its simultaneously handling streaming on fire stick + office calls + laptop streaming by 2 users.
We switched from ACT Storm (1400 per month) after they were falsely charging us extra money and now saving 60% on our bills! Couldn't be happier.
Those on Airtel FTTH (Fiber) plans, can you check if you can open ports on your router. I am on Netplus FTTH broadband and have been unable to open any ports, even though they are shown as opened on the ZTE router they provide.
Some NOKIA router.

I'm a netplus user with a question. Do all your ethernet ports run on gigabit ? All are supposed to run on 1Gb but only 1 does for me.

The Airtel 499 plan is amazing. It gives download speeds upto 5MBPS. Its simultaneously handling streaming on fire stick + office calls + laptop streaming by 2 users.
We switched from ACT Storm (1400 per month) after they were falsely charging us extra money and now saving 60% on our bills! Couldn't be happier.

Some NOKIA router.

I have been very impressed with Airtel as well. Had taken the 999 fiber plan 3 months back.

Getting 250 mbps without any downtimes. Fingers crossed.

Just took their annual plan as well for the same plan saving about 2k on the total 12 months rent

Back