Airtel Xstream Fiber Experience (Direct Cities)

For wifi did you change anything? I'm on default settings. There's not even a setting to update firmware anywhere! Never heard of this zyxel company before, although on the back of the router it reads some TEC branding.
@napstersquest pls tell me what this inspect element trick is. I have no clue about these networking terms.
Should i disable the ipv6 thing btw? Does it make things sluggish? Especially regarding online gaming, and upload speeds?
It's not primarily networking thing, very useful trick.

When logged into admin panel of router on the things you want to edit, right click and choose Inspect Element (or press F11). Then you can edit the admin panel's html code which will only be reflected on your browser.

Some people have found success with just deleting the 'disabled' attribute in the form elements, the form elements become editable.

Look up on google/ask chatGPT if you need more step-by-step tutorial.

@samiryadav are you able to forward port on the zyxel? I am not. The IP shown under WAN and what'smyip is same btw, so I'm assuming I'm not under cg nat or whatever.
Any help would be immensely helpful. I've been trying to make this work for several days now

Screenshots attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230730-213420.png
    Screenshot_20230730-213420.png
    638.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20230730-214319~2.png
    Screenshot_20230730-214319~2.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20230730-213329~3.png
    Screenshot_20230730-213329~3.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 90
@samiryadav are you able to forward port on the zyxel? I am not. The IP shown under WAN and what'smyip is same btw, so I'm assuming I'm not under cg nat or whatever.
Any help would be immensely helpful. I've been trying to make this work for several days now

Screenshots attached.
Try
tracert <your public IP>
in a shell (cmd prompt).

If there is only one hop, then you're not behing CGNAT.
If there are 2, then you are.

Try
tracert <your public IP>
in a shell (cmd prompt).

If there is only one hop, then you're not behing CGNAT.
If there are 2, then you are.
i am definitely not behind CGNAT.

Screenshots attached.
Try disabling the firewall and check if it works.

I am not sure how to do that, I mean which command to input
I mean to say, don't try to access it from inside your home network. Basically use mobile data (so directly access on phone with mobile data or via hotspot) or use VPN which will route your traffic from another source.

In case of most routers,
when inside home network, you'll have to use local IP to access the app, and when outside the house, you'll have to use your public IP.

I mean to say, don't try to access it from inside your home network. Basically use mobile data (so directly access on phone with mobile data or via hotspot) or use VPN which will route your traffic from another source.
I understood that you meant to connect my phone to PC and use mobile data through something like usb tethering (I'm sorry i don't know how to use hotspot with pc). But my question is how do i run that line:
<publicIP>:<Port>

What's the command?

I am not sure how to do that, I mean which command to input
Btw, is there any place where online help is provided for troubleshooting situations such as this? Paid I mean ofc

I understood that you meant to connect my phone to PC and use mobile data through something like usb tethering (I'm sorry i don't know how to use hotspot with pc). But my question is how do i run that line:
<publicIP>:<Port>

What's the command?
He is asking you NOT to connect your mobile to your WiFi.Switch off the WiFi On mobile and connect your MOBILE via 4G or 5G internet./Turn On Mobile data.
Open web browser (Chrome or any other).
Type your public IP then (COLON : ) then PORT Number and press enter.
<publicIP>:<Port> (angle brackets are not needed)
What exactly you want to achieve from port forwarding?
Also, if you need port forwarding to work properly, you need to buy static IP ( 199+ GTS @18). else your IP will refresh and you will loose functionality.
there are services like DDNS but will give you limited functionality.
Most ISPs block ports on Dynamic IP.

Open web browser (Chrome or any other).
Type your public IP then (COLON : ) then PORT Number and press enter.
<publicIP>:<Port> (angle brackets are not needed)
That's what I wanted to know thanks.
I'm told I don't need static ip unless cgnat is applied for port forwarding. Conflicting info across internet and my extreme inability to understand these things are causing a chaos, moreover too much time i have to waste trying to make this work only to no avail.

That's what I wanted to know thanks.
I'm told I don't need static ip unless cgnat is applied for port forwarding. Conflicting info across internet and my extreme inability to understand these things are causing a chaos, moreover too much time i have to waste trying to make this work only to no avail.
Why do you need PORT FORWARDING?
What are you trying to achieve?

Has anyone had problems with airtel causing delay in resolving internet outage issues? Every week there is an outage these days and it takes a day or two for them to resolve. After the technician arrives it's usually a ten min job.

Complaining to 121 is always "we will forward ur concern to relevant team sir, ticket is already raised etc".

I want to know if switching to a different network is the only way or whether we can make airtel resolve the issues faster.

Has anyone had problems with airtel causing delay in resolving internet outage issues? Every week there is an outage these days and it takes a day or two for them to resolve. After the technician arrives it's usually a ten min job.

Complaining to 121 is always "we will forward ur concern to relevant team sir, ticket is already raised etc".

I want to know if switching to a different network is the only way or whether we can make airtel resolve the issues faster.
Threaten to quit the network? That may work.

Surprising you're having outages so regularly, though. Airtel Fiber normally is rock solid when it comes to reliability. I face an outage once every few months, for no more than 30 mins.

Check your distribution box. Sometime some sales guy sells a connection to someone in your area who's line is connected to same box as yours.
The thing is that box has a limit of 10 (20 when extended by them) connections. In greed of incentives for selling new connections they don't disclose this and disconnect someone else's connection in the box to allow the new customer to use their connection.

They know you'll complain and it'll get resolved for you (in the same manner) but then the other person will complain as well and it keeps going on. They get incentives per complain as well... so it's beneficial for both the teams... Sales and linemen.
Next time check on your own when they fix how many ports are occupied/free on that connection distribution box.

Back