Alan Wake - Discussion Thread

I haven't played the game but thanks. I'll convey your message to him.
<

To me, yes they were. The Signal continues from where the main game left off and The Writer progresses it further. I don't see any harm in playing these 2 DLCs, since they are present by default on the PC version. On the 360, that's a different story though. But in short, YES, if you want to know what happens to Alan after the end of the events of the main game, play both the DLCs.

^^yeah they progresses the story but not worth playing.Even if a sequel is made then relax its an episodic game what has happened will be revealed before starting.Anyways it can be tried once.

Dunno about you Ankur, but I enjoyed the hell out of them. Once I had completed the main game, I had so many questions that needed answers. I knew this would either be told through a sequel or a DLC, which Remedy did. Even though, it doesn't really provide full closure, it's always good to have something left for the next game.

Please don't spoil the game for me. I'll tell him to play and i not coming back to this thread until i complete the game.
tongu23e.gif

btw thanks Ethan and quanchi.
happy19.gif

allwyn if you have seen a lot of movies of this genre then the story is predictable.Anyways the main game was presented well and the environment settings were awesome!!Thats why i liked the main game.Not the dlcs.

allwyn if you have seen a lot of movies of this genre then the story is predictable.Anyways the main game was beautifully presented and the environment settings were awesome!!Thats why i liked the main game.Not the dlcs.

The DLCs are awesome a must play,it gives a conclusive end to the story.

Also The Signal was so damn challenging even on normal & the Writer had some fantastic level designs. Give or take 3-4 hrs on nomal for both!

I have an issue with this game friends. whenever i try to launch the game, my Pc restarts itself just after the intro video. anybody has any idea what is happening? i tried changing the resolution to 1280 X 720 and after this i was able to reach the main menu but again after a few seconds the pc restarts. Any idea guys??

^maybe your GPU is running hot and a 3rd party application is set such that it restarts your system after reaching that perticular temp or your it is your cpu which is running hot and you or at default in the bios it might set to restart after cpu reaches at this temp

I have an issue with this game friends. whenever i try to launch the game, my Pc restarts itself just after the intro video. anybody has any idea what is happening? i tried changing the resolution to 1280 X 720 and after this i was able to reach the main menu but again after a few seconds the pc restarts. Any idea guys??

The game makes my gpu hot as well, reaches some 70c while crysis 1 or 3d mark doesn't even get 60ish I think, more like 55c with them

But I can do 25x14 max 2x aa with avg 60-70 fps on 7970 1175 1625

Back