Alan Wake - Discussion Thread

Alan Wake PC is coming on February 16th

The time you’ve all been waiting has finally come. Remedy Entertainment announced today that Alan Wake will be available on PCs through Steam on February 16th and soon afterwards through other popular digital channels. Additionally, a boxed retail version of the game is coming soon. Steam pricing is confirmed as follows: $29.99 (game + DLCs) and $34.99 (LCE).

Alan Wake is a highly anticipated title among PC gamers and it’s finally coming to the PC platform. Boasting 3 BAFTA nominations and named Game of the Year by TIME Magazine, Alan Wake combines inspiration from Alfred Hitchcock, Twin Peaks and Lost – but you probably already know all that if you’ve been paying attention. It’s a modern cult classic, praised by critics and fans alike as one of those game experiences that brings something unique, engaging to the table.

PC gamers will face the darkness in stunning high-resolution graphics, refined and enhanced PC features and support for stereoscopic 3D and multiscreen. Markus Mäki, CTO at Remedy said: “We’ve done our best to do justice to the PC version and do things the way they should be done for PC. The PC version looks absolutely beautiful. We’re bringing the game to life in a whole new way.â€

Remedy will self-publish the title on Steam and work with Nordic Games to bring Wake to retail.

Source: DSOGaming

Isnt the retail version tad cheaper than the steam version?? Anyway good game good buy!
<

Played for few mins.Silent Hill 2 feeling is back.Some news for silent hill 2 fans.
<
The game looks downright gorgeous and unfortunately i think it uses all the four cores.Therefore i was forced to keep the FXAA and SSAO off.AA 2x and AF 2x. Rest set to max.

Narration will give you a movie like feeling.
<
Rest i will update after finishing it.
<

i started the game a few days back and it is rather interesting. It does look good especially when you are standing under a light during which time it does test your system allot!

^^The dlc's are included in the game
<
.I did tried one for few secs.But didnt complete as i want to complete the main story first.Currently busy with Gow 2.
<

^^The dlc's are included in the game
<
.I did tried one for few secs.But didnt complete as i want to complete the main story first.Currently busy with Gow 2.
<

Got it!
<

Was just curious since the DLCs were XBLA originally. Might play them before I attempt American Nightmare somewhere in the future.

Thankfully, the DLC doesn't require the main game to be completed. It's included directly in the chapter list. The game looks stunning on the PC. I was able to max it out, with some minor frame drops in certain places (CPU Bottleneck?), but over-all it looks and runs much MUCH better than the 360 version. Makes us wonder, why it wasn't released sooner.
<

Hmmm... will grab it as soon as it makes it debut on intencity OR flipkart.

For now revising Dead Space and plan to get Empire: Total War GOTY.

I believe it is download only. It was original going to be a PC exclusive but Microsoft's greed was too much to make that happen. It is a survival horror sort of game but unfortunately has much repetitive game play.

Finished Alan Wake along with two dlcs. It's one of the best games I have ever played, the story, the graphics, combat.etc were excellent and even on low settings this game looks great.

Hope Remedy makes Alan Wake 2.

Started playing this today and I'm hooked good already. This game is mighty immersive with the storytelling and also the graphics are so beautiful! It's like reading a gripping novel and hard to stop.

P.S. This game made me remember the very first Max Payne game strangely...
The sound of doors that cannot be opened when you near them, Alan Wake running up the steps inside the cabin calling for his wife Alice, some of the elements which made me remember Max Payne!

With a proper 5.1 system in place, the game kicks ass! I still recall the sequence when the axe rips through the door (during the first chapter?) and the sound from one of the rear satellites popping! Almost left me bajaaoed for a while.
<

Back