Alan Wake - Discussion Thread

With a proper 5.1 system in place, the game kicks ass! I still recall the sequence when the axe rips through the door (during the first chapter?) and the sound from one of the rear satellites popping! Almost left me bajaaoed for a while.
<

Well,that is Remedy for you.Attention to detail.

With a proper 5.1 system in place, the game kicks ass! I still recall the sequence when the axe rips through the door (during the first chapter?) and the sound from one of the rear satellites popping! Almost left me bajaaoed for a while.
<

Is the sound work better than Dead Space series and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series?

6 hours into the game.The productions values are right up there,the story is extremely cinematic(in a good way) but the combat is starting to feel a little shallow.Anyone?

6 hours into the game.The productions values are right up there,the story is extremely cinematic(in a good way) but the combat is starting to feel a little shallow.Anyone?

I know what you mean. I'm in the 3rd Episode and the combat does feel a bit jaded now, also I particularly got annoyed at the few times the game kept spawning wave after wave of enemies at me in certain areas from all sides. Pressing the dodge attack button doesn't seem to do much in such scenarios. I just haul ass to the lighted safe zones if they are nearby instead of fighting the Taken enemies. I got cornered a few times pretty bad. But it's the tremendous story driven cinematic gameplay and the beautiful graphics that makes me love this game so much thus far.
<

^^It did get terribly repetitive.After the third episode,the developers take you for granted.They just wanted to prolong the game without adding in adequate substance.The ending is downright amateurish.Such a shame,really considering the fact it has some of the most gorgeous visuals and some superb voice acting.No,I haven't played the DLCs and never intend to.

DLC gives you a more satisfying ending though DLC should have only added to game rather than completing the game,.

If you really dig games with a dark atmospheric setting, awesome story-line, well paced script & top notch presentation then you wil more than like Alan wake(for a one time playthrough), if you expect more from the game play then you ll find it repetitive!

Resumed the game.

Alright this game has been inspired from the movie the shining and the developers also admit it my putting its name in one of the dialogues.
<

It seems its a mix of the shining and silent hill 2.

Visuals are sharp and glossy,But Its the lighting that steals away the show!Unfortunately same cannot be said for the character models.Except for the fine fabricated cotton coat which mr wake wears nothing else is remarkable,

Facial and hair animations are just bland.Movement animation is just ok.

But Presentation,narration and music are excellent in setting up the mood.

Did the the two DLCs on the PC which I didnt get for the 360..

They were nothing short of brilliant, The Signal had more challenging encounters and the writer had some brilliant level designs!

All in all a decent conclusion for the game now waiting for Alan wake 2
<

Back