Alien vs Predator - PC

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
^^

Yups...the Predator owned the whole set up from the beginning. He just chose who/when to go for the kill. (My Avatar, shows Mac totally apesh$$ with the chain gun -- later owned)

Also guys, help me decide between Metro and AVP. Which game should I get. Its not the money matter, but I take ages to complete games -- so want to install only one of these two.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Just started this game as most of my earlier back log has been completed. Man this game is really good. I just reached the Research Lab part of the Marine campaign. Love the whole atmosphere of the game and especially the inner ruins level which has some great detail provided to it. Shadows, Texture and Lighting effects are brilliant. It looks razor sharp and crisp on the PC. Do I need to play in any particular sequence? I mean Marine first, Alien and Predator or randomly? Looking forward to the Predator campaign. To top it all, I'm playing it using the 360 controller. It seems I'm turning into a complete console whore. :D

Neo-N

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
Mumbai
Re: Alien vs Predator -PC

Ethan_Hunt said:
Do you guys seriously rely so much on Gamespot, or for that matter, any other review sites?

I just take them for basic reference. The best person to judge a game is yourself. Play it and rate it, as simple as that.
I completely agree with you. I purchased PURE after I saw a good Gamespot rating.... but sumhow I didn't like it that much. :(

Then I followed instinct & got FUEL..... And boy, do I now feel that Gamespot ratings are sumtimes crappy!!! It has underrated FUEL really badly. :D

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Completed the game just a few minutes ago. I have to admit it was way better than I expected. I vote the Marine campaign as the spookiest one and the Predator campaign as the goriest one. There is something about the looks and the roar of the Predator which is very intimidating. I would always run as far as possible when I had to enter into a melee combat with it using Marine and Alien. His weapons and claw swipes are totally kick ass. The only drawback I found with Predator is the traversing part, as it's not as agile as the Xenomorphs. I'm amazed they replicated the sound of the Predator exactly the way it sounded in the movie. Kudos Rebellion! It's sad that this game got paned by critics and reviewers alike.