Alien vs Predator - PC

Hi

has any1 got the game yet?
checked it out and it 15.80GB.............

it'll take bout 2days max for me to get it & then i'll surely see wat DX11 has in offer.just w8ing to get this....

Re: Alien vs Predator -PC

The game review at Gamespot says it sucks terribly for consoles at 5.5 rating which is nothing but measly.

I wud save the bucks and rather u spend it on a game like Metro 2033 which is coming up.

Dude, gamespot is not God. I have seen the video review at gamespot and it looks awesome to me. Worth a try. I just cant trust gamespot completely these days....

Yes whether you say it gayspot or not but they have the most accurate reviews AFAIK

Do you guys seriously rely so much on Gamespot, or for that matter, any other review sites?

I just take them for basic reference. The best person to judge a game is yourself. Play it and rate it, as simple as that.

^^ when i am spending 1k for a piece of software, it really matters what the various reviews say abt it.

^True but most of the time, when reviews/reviewers are being paid to do so, it ends up getting faulty ratings. Totally agree with Ethan_Hunt here. I would rely on our friendly community members to play and rate them rather than the review sites as such.

any one going to talk about this game?
or am i just going to see more politically correct discussion about weather to trust review sites or not?

@sawmill: Talking of which, Cameron's Aliens would be something I'd cherish much better than Avatar itself. That was an epic movie by any standards. He took Ridley Scott's movie to an altogether different standard, started off a whole new franchise only to be spoiled by the other 2 sequels and the crossover with Predator franchise.

Lawl, seems like all goes blindly by these ratings. :lol:

Yea, this increasing lack of AA support in recent games is getting annoying.
If I wanted to stare at horrid jaggies and shimmering all over, I would switch over to consoles.

Actually I pretty much refer to gamespot ratings, although the review material I find it better at IGN. I have to yet to come across a game rated poorly in gamespot but fun to play..

I have noticed that (at times) the PC video review is the same as that of the 360 video review. At times there is a 360 review but no PC review even though both versions were simultaneously released. No matter what (almost) all games on PS3 and 360 always get better scores on the 360. So I am not sure how reliable gamespot is these days.

Personally I believe in watching the gameplay videos on youtube before trying out the game myself, instead of just depending on reviews.

Making a game for console and then porting it to PC instead of the other way around is bad. I guess PC gaming has become a secondary thought for the game developers.

Back