Alien vs Predator - PC

The game is DATED to say the least.

As G4 said :

Looks like a 2010 game, plays like a 1999 one

Insanely frustrating control issues with targeting and kill moves.

Marine campaign is completely uninspired

To hell with the reviews, I'll just try the title anyway. I saw the GT review and it didn't look that bad.

Aces170 said:
I have to yet to come across a game rated poorly in gamespot but fun to play..

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men. That's a game which was rated poorly by Gamespot and was rated 8/10 by Game Trailers . It was one of the most under rated games of 2007 and title with fantastic storyline & kick ass voice acting.

I also consider Gamespot reviews.They are accurate most of the times and actually their score remains similar to mine normally.I also pay attention to user and other critic reviews before getting the game.

the game is getting mixed review
though most of them r telling its traditional to the roots
the complaint review give the ideas r good but not well exuted

tries the demo didnt like much

God dam it! The game is stuttering like hell. I can't move an inch without having the game to stutter. I'm seriously considering getting the 360 version, but I don't feel like compromising on the visuals.

The game looks stunning and I really wanted to try this out, however, these technical issues are really bringing it down. :(

@Ethan_Hunt

Try using the FPS Limiter to limit your frame rate to around 40fps.
A locked 40fps is better than stuttering anyday.

I use it in some of the sims I play since you require very precise frame rates there and it's a Godsend :).
It will only work in OGL/D3D8/D3D9 games though. But AVP has a DX9 mode, so give it a try.

The GUI requires Java. But if you don't want to install that cancer, the command line is easy enough to use.
Code:
FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 "[I]full path to AVP executable in quotes[/I]" /f:40 /l:OFF /x:OFF

Tried it and doesn't seem to work. It's the game's coding which is screwed up. Rebellion seriously f*cked this one up big time. I hope they work on fixing this issue up. BTW it's not just me and there are a lot of folks over the steam and SEGA forums complaining about the same thing. Rebellion is also carrying out an investigation for the same. :(

Yea i downloaded game yesterday its cool running on my specs easily @ all maxed out dx11 1920x1080 with no lagg whtsoever here are some screens dere is also repack out for this game 3.70 gb might take some time to install its installation not rip exactly just video quality reduced by 50% so peoples who cant download 15.8 gb worth downloading
sucker that's piracy.. u have soo much money to buy a high end rig, and here u cant spend few hundred bucks on a game?

comp@ddict said:
sucker that's piracy.. u have soo much money to buy a high end rig, and here u cant spend few hundred bucks on a game?

yep. especially when indian game prices have come down significantly in recent times... you can get avp for 630 bucks legit if you order from praashant (intencity) on this very forum.

spindoctor said:
yep. especially when indian game prices have come down significantly in recent times... you can get avp for 630 bucks legit if you order from praashant (intencity) on this very forum.

If he wants to download and play tats his wish..why are you people focing I cant understand....
yeah i know piracy.....Programmers..Money...Good games in future,,etc..etc...

But how about he just wanted to try the game before buying...Not the demo fullversion..People have their own reasons....

Many people download movies....Music.....Tv shows.....Software...and isnt that piracy...Even sharing is piracy then...In TE market there are many people selling used games, Blu-ray Movies Etc...In my exp i havent seen any one who has not used pirated stuff atleast once. People are wise enough to make their decisions I suppose.

comp@ddict said:

Are u sure u have never downloaded/shared any media at all...... In this age I am willing to bet my leftover hairs that nobody is a clean goat!! And u might be loaded with money but i do try the game out before I buy a legit copy with my own cash...... the people making games and better paid then me.... go ahead n Sue me! :tongue:

sg3707 said:
If he wants to download and play tats his wish..why are you people focing I cant understand....
yeah i know piracy.....Programmers..Money...Good games in future,,etc..etc...

But how about he just wanted to try the game before buying...Not the demo fullversion..People have their own reasons....

Many people download movies....Music.....Tv shows.....Software...and isnt that piracy...Even sharing is piracy then...In TE market there are many people selling used games, Blu-ray Movies Etc...In my exp i havent seen any one who has not used pirated stuff atleast once. People are wise enough to make their decisions I suppose.

Makes sense to me...

Besides, sharing the free demo version of the game so one doesn't really have to do it via STEAM (since its blocked in his/her network) cannot possible be classified as Piracy IMHO.

Could someone lead me to where I can get the AVP Demo from please? I really want to try it out on my new rig.

Tried applying the 10.2 Hotfix and no go. Still the same stuttering issue. Now my last hope is on the patch that SEGA is about to release on Monday. :(

Back