Alien vs Predator - PC

ZURG said:
Are u sure u have never downloaded/shared any media at all...... In this age I am willing to bet my leftover hairs that nobody is a clean goat!! And u might be loaded with money but i do try the game out before I buy a legit copy with my own cash...... the people making games and better paid then me.... go ahead n Sue me! :tongue:

dude....i never made such a post where i got "exposed" as u did, so no point getting agitated. only shows ur desperation to cover up what u posted.
FOr testing purposes, beta versions and demos are released a few days after or before official launch, but of course u need patients for that. I usually get the demos through CHIP or Digit DVDs.

Finally found a solution to all that stuttering. It seems like the game doesn't fancy high settings on a 512MB VRAM based cards (or so it seems). I turned down the Texture detail to "Normal" and it all ran super smooth. Playing the Marine campaign currently and it feels like a re-hash of Doom III. The Predator campaign looked extremely kick-ass and gory, so looking forward to that.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Dam it, why do these stupid developers tend to overlook or fail to implement AA in a game? :mad:

This I believe is due to porting, where AA is not in console games generally. Not sure but I think that is what is the issue.

Ya, we need a review. Am on the verge to order it. Saw some videos of the game play, the Predator campaign looks awesome. Also in the marine campaign, the sound starts to PING PING PING, when the aliens are close. Just like the movie...!

nikrusty said:
This I believe is due to porting, where AA is not in console games generally. Not sure but I think that is what is the issue.

Hey, guess what, I could see good results when I 'forced' 8x AA for AVP using the 'NVIDIA Control Panel'.

Has Anyone else tried this out? (And does it really work, or am I just seeing things?)

P.S. I'm using an XFX GT240 1GB.

abdelazeez said:
Hey, guess what, I could see good results when I 'forced' 8x AA for AVP using the 'NVIDIA Control Panel'.
Has Anyone else tried this out? (And does it really work, or am I just seeing things?)
P.S. I'm using an XFX GT240 1GB.

post some screenshots of the game with and without aa forced, then we can tell you if it's actually working or not :bleh:

Started the Marine campaign just now. Reminds me of the good old AVP 2 days. :D

Graphics is ok'ish. Videos sucks donkeyballs. Weyland nowhere resembles Lance Henriksen. :\

Bad TBH. A lot of glitches. The UI could have been vastly improved.

Btw I am facing a glitch on level 3 - Jungle in the marines campaign. The guy just falls freely upon the start of the mission. I did patch the game to the most recent updates released. Did anyone face a similar issue? Is there any workaround?

God damn it this game's buggy as hell! Started Predator mission today and after the training level, once the spaceship lands on earth, it shows a screen - You died!! Yeah right!!! :|

I think I'll give this a pass and pick up a copy for the PS3 later this year once all the updates and patches have come up. The gfx is fcuk all.

I don't know why you guys have problems...Through 65%...was pretty much flawless for me and I just finished predator campaign. Damn, he was such a badass... Combi stick'em to hell!

Weyland nowhere resembles Lance Henriksen
You can't dismiss the similarities entirely:)

I just noticed its poorly received all over...may be for a good reason. But I find it entertaining.esp. as a marine or predator. I'm yet to try alien campaign. Rock-paper-scissors approach to melee with an assisted HUD display was probably a bad design choice...a human can knock back an alien...ouch! Probably that exists to balance out three sides in multiplayer.

Sound is exceptionally well done. It takes all the copyrighted audio clips and apply to right places at right times...esp, some portions of marine campaign brings out that nostalgia of watching cameron's aliens.

Quick kill events from predator campaign never gets old. Its so gratifying to watch terror in eyes of lesser humans as you stab them with your wrist blades or pluck their heads with the spine and caress it with your hands:D

Its a buggy game. Picked up a copy yesterday and it kept crashing to desktop on my Ati4850. Once I had run a steam repair and updated my drivers though, it ran smooth as hell.

Played first mission of the marine campaign..meh, its like doom 3 only with more aliens. The Alien part was kinda fun even though the controls are awkward..not too shabby a game. Just gotta try the multiplayer now.

^Ahaha the 10.2 hotfix did the trick. Using 10.3 + 10.2 hotfix. Loaded the marine campaign and the rookie did not attempt a free fall. Yay!

Facehuggers and Xenomorphs - here I come! :D

Thanks for the support sajit. :)

Someone wanna try multiplayer? I tried a bit of it and they should just rename the game Predator to be honest...the classes aren't balanced, lol. The predator just owns everything..

^LOL true that and there's no way a marine can dodge or knock the xenos' attack. I'm done with the Marine campaign and was just ok. There was too much darkness around. The smart gun was way too effective against the predator and the Xenos. Playing as a predator now and the disc/spear seems to own everything LOL. :p

Graphics could have been vastly improved - wonder why Sega did a bad job at it considering this was the second time after AVP 2. Even the cutscenes were nowhere close. Perfect for a TP.

^Ahahaha isn't that Anna from Predator who says that when Arnie question her?! Aw man I've seen that movie at least a dozen times right from when I was a kid on the VHS to a VCD to a DVD to a HD rip! :p

Back