Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Whenever you import something the import duty will be charged based on the HS code of the product if you have an IEC code. This is good because most of the electronic stuff have 12-26% duty.

If the IEC code is not mentioned in the shipment then it's treated as imported for personal use and charged at a flat rate of 42% (corresponding to HS Code 9804*) irrespective of the actual category of the item. So you'll end up paying 4.2k on a 10k item if you import it without IEC code where as with IEC code you'll get it at 1.2k-2.6k(of course this depends on the actual category of the item).
Thank You , How To Determine HSN Code Before Importing ?

Thank You , How To Determine HSN Code Before Importing ?

HSN code is printed on invoice. So try to get hold of someone who already has purchased that item. If not, then the govt issues a large list and you will have to go through that.

Straight up googling has not worked for me because the search results can be quite dated or straight up wrong.

In rare cases, HSN codes on invoice might also be wrong but in that case the seller is basically misclassifying the item, intentionally or unintentionally. So it helps to double check. I have only found this to be true for very niche and rare items which are not easily available in India.

Any experienced Ebay Buyers can please reply - Do I have any hope to receive the package or just forget about it and think as theft / pickpocket?

Package value 1.5k + Shipping = 2.3k small non electronics item

wUfbY7I.png

experienced Ebay Buyers can please reply - Do I have any hope to receive the package or just forget about it and think as theft / pickpocket?
Is it a USPS package? If yes, the tracking stops working once its in India. It will take a week or two to clear customs and get delivered to you.

I had a package reach Indira Gandhi airport on 23-sept, it was finally delivered on 5-oct.

Is it a USPS package? If yes, the tracking stops working once its in India. It will take a week or two to clear customs and get delivered to you.

I had a package reach Indira Gandhi airport on 23-sept, it was finally delivered on 5-oct.

Thank you for the reply,

Yes - That is correct - USPS Package, Below Ebay Tracking show "Delivered to Postal Agent", 17track show the Domestic Courier is 'India Post' but there is "Consignment not Found" since the beginning.

Don't you think it is to late for a package which left USA on 6th Sep and Today is 14th Oct.

oZBMFwi.png

54mOPTp.png

Has aliexpress lowered shipping rates for India? I'm seeing normal rates on most products. No expedited shipping though. I see cainio shipping option (untracked) no most products. I may be incorrect but I think it's a courier company which is run directly by the ali-group or something.

Singles sale is coming (November 11). I always buy some crap every sale. They say it's the biggest sale by revenue in the world.

Yes - That is correct - USPS Package, Below Ebay Tracking show "Delivered to Postal Agent", 17track show the Domestic Courier is 'India Post' but there is "Consignment not Found" since the beginning.
Most likely it's charged in the customs. You have to call india post customer care. They will forward you to the India post customs dept (international mail). You request them to release your package.

India post, fedex, dhl are authorised to run their own custom department in India.

Last edited:
They do not accept Indian credit or debit cards. I don't know if I can make payments now with Paypal.
btw, in the past the shipping and customer service of this site was very good.
someone reply to : https://techenclave.com/threads/is-...ng-sites-now-using-paypal.198515/post-2272885

edit :

Ok, confirmed I did make a payment using PP to FT a HK based site.

Now lets see if/when it reaches me. I ordered a tiny item, my experience has been that with non-registered post tiny items get thru - guess the item looks 'not worth stealing' .
bought this btw : https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...ger-micro-usb-to-usb-c-magnetic-charging-data

If I receive this item, I'll know the PO etc are functioning, then I'll buy a larger item and pay for reg post.

LOL, just received this item from FastTech, bill date is 27 May 2021. From Guangdong, China.

Delay due to COVID I think.

@Fazed172

Has anyone ordered an item off Ebay UK? I want to purchase a brush heads for my electric toothbrush which costs about £16 so customs might not burn a hole in my pocket but do the parcels arrive safely in India?

LOL, just received this item from FastTech, bill date is 27 May 2021. From Guangdong, China.

Delay due to COVID I think.

@Fazed172
I placed another order at Fasttech. Shipping seems to be OK now, not too delayed.. Ordered 31/12/2021.
Again a small item.
Number: RU8330xxxxNL
Package status: In transit
Destination:

Origin:
2022-01-19 07:39 The item is on transport to the country of destination
2022-01-18 20:36 The item is processed at the PostNL sorting center
2022-01-18 20:36 The item is at the PostNL sorting center
2022-01-18 12:56 Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centre
2022-01-18 11:35 The shipment is handed over in bulk, final acceptance of goods to be confirmed
2022-01-14 07:26 The item has arrived in the transit airport
2022-01-13 06:19 The item is ready for shipment
2022-01-12 05:40 The item is pre-advised to PostNL
======================================