Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Has anyone used DHL when shipping goods from AliExpress? I believe there is an extremely high chance of the shipment being hit by customs duty once you choose DHL? In that case, does DHL clear the shipment at the customs department on your behalf and then collect the addiotional customs duty at the point of delivery of the shipment from you?

^Yes, DHL will clear the shipment on behalf you and you have to pay duty + clearing charges(dont rememeber 100%). But before that you need to submit KYC documents to DHL... they will contact you to submit the same before clearing the consignment.

^Yes, DHL will clear the shipment on behalf you and you have to pay duty + clearing charges(dont rememeber 100%). But before that you need to submit KYC documents to DHL... they will contact you to submit the same before clearing the consignment.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

I happened to call DHL and they did tell me about the KYC Document upload procedure which is perfectly fine. However, the part that caught my attention is that they also said after the shipment is held for clearance at Indian Customs and should the customs department decide to open the shipment to further verify the price of the product then I might face issues as AliExpress sellers usually always undervalue shipments as a practice. What happens in this scenario? The Indian Customs might just slap an arbitrary figure on the shipment and charge a much higher duty OR and (this is what the DHL customer care agent said) they might ask me for the actual payment bill from AliExpress to check if the shipment has been undervalued or not. If they do notice it being undervalued then won't it insinuate a penalty?

Don't worry... Nothing will happen and it will be cleared smoothly.

I'm just wondering whether to choose DHL or the free AliExpress Standard Shipping. The product in question is priced at $65.61 (+ $14.81 if ordered through DHL). The seller on AliExpress said he will undervalue the product to $25 when he ships it.

Best option would be AliExpress standard shipping

Yes, I think so as well. What I think is, it's best to ask the seller not to undervalue an item when using DHL for shipping. That way even if your package is opened by Indian customs and should they ask for the payment details your covered as the amount printed by the seller on the shipment will match the amount on your main AliExpress payment details section.

Nevertheless, I placed the order for the item yesterday evening and went for AliExpress standard shipping. Takes time but it's free.

Best option would be AliExpress standard shipping

Yes, I think so as well. What I think is, it's best to ask the seller not to undervalue an item when using DHL for shipping. That way even if your package is opened by Indian customs and should they ask for the payment details your covered as the amount printed by the seller on the shipment will match the amount on your main AliExpress payment details section.

Nevertheless, I placed the order for the item yesterday evening and went for AliExpress standard shipping. Takes time but it's free.

Two times I've bought items of value over 250$ and valued less than 100... Like you even i was worried, but came without any issues and duty was calculated for the declared value.

Another experience, even for less value items duty will be levied if it comes through dhl, FedEx..

Two times I've bought items of value over 250$ and valued less than 100... Like you even i was worried, but came without any issues and duty was calculated for the declared value.

Another experience, even for less value items duty will be levied if it comes through dhl, FedEx..

Nice to know. Maybe in my next order I'll give DHL a try.

Till date my no packet has come without duty fom DHL/FedEx
Surprisingly bangood had used gati and came in 7 days without duty

Most of the times I have chosen Standard Shipping on AliExpress the shipments have been sent through Singapore or China Post and then subsequently reached me through Indian EMS. After they clear customs it usually takes a day or two for the local postman to show up with the parcel.

How has everyone's experience been so far with AliExpress Standard Shipping in general?

Have been only using standard shipping. Bought stuff worth more than 100$ (multiple items, some valued at over 30$) during 11.11 sale and I got everything delivered without any customs. Make sure you don't use office address, as it may create an inference to customs that the items are for a commercial purpose. Always use home address :)

Have been only using standard shipping. Bought stuff worth more than 100$ (multiple items, some valued at over 30$) during 11.11 sale and I got everything delivered without any customs. Make sure you don't use office address, as it may create an inference to customs that the items are for a commercial purpose. Always use home address :)

Yup I bought a couple of items from the 11.11 sale as well, one was about $25 and the one $65. Both came in through AliExpress Standard shipping, no customs duty. It just takes much more time compared to DHL, FedEx, etc.

Is there any upper-value limitation with Aliexpress Standard Shipping? or Weight and Size wise.

Who will handle the package if chosen China Post Air Mail? Is there any way to choose GATI at Aliexpress.

Is there any upper-value limitation with Aliexpress Standard Shipping? or Weight and Size wise.

Who will handle the package if chosen China Post Air Mail? Is there any way to choose GATI at Aliexpress.
No option to choose. Aliexpress standard shipping will be handled by Indian Post and once it reaches India, it can be tracked from Indian post website

I had a few low-value items with no shipping details delivered through GATI. However, when i ordered from gearbest and selected Indian express shipping, it was delivered through GATI

What I have been doing these days is to choose Sing Post. In case that is not an option then I ask the seller to ship it through Sing Post even if I have to pay extra. The advantage is that I get the shipment in 11 days.

No option to choose. Aliexpress standard shipping will be handled by Indian Post and once it reaches India, it can be tracked from Indian post website

I had a few low-value items with no shipping details delivered through GATI. However, when i ordered from gearbest and selected Indian express shipping, it was delivered through GATI

I hear that GATI delivers pretty fast. I have felt regarding my shipments Singapore Post is the slowest, takes 30+ days at the bare minimum.

Back