Camera All newbie/starter entry level DSLR information

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Congrats !!! Now post in the show-off section. :D

However the Smartshoppers rate is with the IS lens. Their prices are among the cheapest anywhere in India.

Planning to get a DSLR, but am really confused among the following two.

Cannon 450D vs Nikon D5000.

Which one should I go for??

^^If both the cameras in your budget, then I would suggest u go with Nikon D5000...It HD video recording capability and a good tilt & swirl LCD screen...

And if u r new to photography and camera settings nd stuff, then Nikon is the best bet here..

debabratad said:
Planning to get a DSLR, but am really confused among the following two.

Cannon 450D vs Nikon D5000.

Which one should I go for??

Mate, mention your budget first.

Canon recently launched Canon 550D/T2i in India with 18-55 IS lens for 47700 approx. Check it out too if its within your budget. :)

PM me if you need any info.

BF1983 said:
^^^ Congrats !!! Now post in the show-off section. :D

However the Smartshoppers rate is with the IS lens. Their prices are among the cheapest anywhere in India.

Hehe will do, but damn the smartshoppers prices are really good, as with IS lenses it was 28.5k at JJmehta, and I got it for 26k after a lot of haggling :p (ofcourse had to pay 3% extra CC charges). That guy was like, IS lenses dont come with the kit pack of EOS1000D...

My budget is whatever best comes for <35k.

My friend already has a d40, which I am used too.

But the absence of AF motor on D5000 is bugging me, and, video capture is really not a necessary thing for me.

debabratad said:
Ur options would be Canon 1000D, 450D and maybe 500D, which is around ur budget..

debabratad said:
In that case I would surely not recommend Nikon D5000...its interface is kinda slow..thats my point of view..

debabratad said:

But the absence of AF motor on D5000 is bugging me, and, video capture is really not a necessary thing for me.

I would still say go for D5000.

@Darky: The shopkeeper told me to register with Canonedge, they said that they will send in a camera bag? Is it true?

If not can you suggest a good camera bag, with space for 1 extra lens?

^ Hmm that's true. You need to register your cam at Canon Edge - Homepage and they will send you a box containing a Canon ID card, Good quality Bag( with space for 1 extra lens), A photography magazine(Very good for a no-ob like me :p).

It takes around 4-5 weeks to reach your place.

Darky said:
^ Hmm that's true. You need to register your cam at Canon Edge - Homepage and they will send you a box containing a Canon ID card, Good quality Bag( with space for 1 extra lens), A photography magazine(Very good for a no-ob like me :p).
It takes around 4-5 weeks to reach your place.

i havent received any photography book now. I got ID card and good bag. The bag qaulity is good but i cant use it as i often take my laptop with me. So i purchased kata DR-467 from ebay. It carries both DSLR and lappy. It has good space to carry more than 2 lens.

^ It priced very decently in India considering US price. Its more of like a smaller brother of more expensive Canon 7D rather than step up from earlier Rebel series.

It exhibits quite similar sensor, metering system, high ISO performance(upto 12800 for ultra low light conditions) and very good movie making capabilities.

Though its body and grip is more or less same as other Rebel series which is its weakest point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back