Camera All newbie/starter entry level DSLR information

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ I know all of above other than Better lens combo.

Anyway I asked which is better buy (Value) of two and not which is better of two.

@Parv: Nikon D5000 for 32-34k beats the 450D by a mile and a half. Much better feature set (video, tilt screen, newer sensor, better viewfinder, AF-assist lamp) and handling.

Think about it.

Parv said:
^^ I know all of above other than Better lens combo.

Anyway I asked which is better buy (Value) of two and not which is better of two.

It all depends on your budget, needs and use. If you are not going to use features of 450D then no point going for 450D.

Also consider D Payne's suggestion of D5000 and its better then 450D.

@-D.Payne-: I'm talking about price with Canon India warranty, while D5000 price of Rs.32,645 is with Vendor warranty and Rs.41,545 with Nikon India warranty. So that's a big difference in price.

@Darky: Leaving higher FPS, all other features like Better grip, better viewfinder, better LCD, spot metering are pretty commonly used feature. So I think once you have the camera you'll pretty much use all of these.

So the point is, is it worth spending 7k for these?

-D.Payne- said:
@Parv: Nikon D5000 for 32-34k beats the 450D by a mile and a half. Much better feature set (video, tilt screen, newer sensor, better viewfinder, AF-assist lamp) and handling.
Think about it.
For a complete beginner, how difficult is it to learn to manually focus a fast prime? That would be the only problem with the d5000 I think.

Parv said:
@-D.Payne-: I'm talking about price with Canon India warranty, while D5000 price of Rs.32,645 is with Vendor warranty and Rs.41,545 with Nikon India warranty. So that's a big difference in price.

@Darky: Leaving higher FPS, all other features like Better grip, better viewfinder, better LCD, spot metering are pretty commonly used feature. So I think once you have the camera you'll pretty much use all of these.

So the point is, is it worth spending 7k for these?

1. About the price, yes the 450D is much cheaper with warranty. Am sure Canon has a 1500D in the works with video and what not. That's my understanding.

2. About the features, if you already know that they are everyday-use features and that they are very useful, all that is left is to ask yourself whether YOU need it. I'd happily spend 7k more on a body that I'd be using for at least 2 years. But that's me. :)

Comprende?

EDIT: To make it easier for you:

Better Grip: Makes a difference in every shot you take. But then there are some who like smaller cameras and smaller grips. So don't just read on the internet and handle these cameras in real life and check them out. IMHO, all the Canon Rebel bodies have poor grips with the 1000D being the champion of poor grips. (The same with Sony A230/330/380).

Better viewfinder: This is a major deal. You look through this for every shot. But then again, it depends on you whether YOU can notice a difference.

Better LCD: Duh. You look at this for every shot. :D

Spot metering: I've never used it and used EV compensation in matrix instead. So I don't care to be honest. :)

There you go. Decide.
Payne

@DPayne: Why dont you ask for a Flickr pro a/c, Metalspree is giving to all deserving guys, and you would top the list :)

Aces170 said:
@DPayne: Why dont you ask for a Flickr pro a/c, Metalspree is giving to all deserving guys, and you would top the list :)

Is it so!!! :huh:

Any special reason..??
Do he works for flickr..
ya money donate karne ka naya tarika...:)

Also, want to know, what Canon is giving now a days as free gifts on registering the product to canon edge..

Someone told me the number of gifts had reduced due to recession..

In how much time does it reaches now??

^^read the previous page

its a good quality slr carry bag, with space for the next lens,

dont know whether you get a dvd guide or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back