Camera All newbie/starter entry level DSLR information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm its good news for sure, only hope they don't discontinue the cheap AF-D version for a more expensive AF-S version. Street expects a price of USD 200, should be for 11-12k here...

Is there any place in mumbai that would swap a 18-55mm non IS kit lens supplied with canon for a 18-55mm IS lens with differences paid?

Asking since I am getting a great deal on a kit but seller does not allow changes to the kit :(

no a different note..

It seems that I may jump in for 550D :ashamed:

So above query applies if supplied lens with 550D is non IS ...can somebody confirm ?

madnav said:
Is there any place in mumbai that would swap a 18-55mm non IS kit lens supplied with canon for a 18-55mm IS lens with differences paid?

Asking since I am getting a great deal on a kit but seller does not allow changes to the kit :(

no a different note..

It seems that I may jump in for 550D :ashamed:

So above query applies if supplied lens with 550D is non IS ...can somebody confirm ?
You'll get IS lens with Canon 550D kit. Go ahead and buy it :)

Sudarshan_SMD said:
550D for 29k? Don't miss it. :)

pricing at letsbuy Rs.33,995
applied coupon for 15% n final amount came to be Rs.28,896

many have told that the max discount is 2k..

infact max discount so far before yesterday was 2k for me too whenever I tried applying the same coupon.. Today it is giving flat 15% so gambling here ..
It will be less painful to pay the excess after considering just 2k discount after I get the cam I guess :p

order Placed !!... :death:
now the wait begins... :dizzy:

reviews on the sigma 10-20 please :) (BRENDON!)

the tokina 11-16 is expensive, plus i dont really see the point of getting it for the f2.8 itself.

help me out :)

The Sigma 10-20 is on my list as well but first the 70-300 VR ! Initial choice was actually the Tokina 11-16 which I tried at Yogi's place but its pretty expensive and the F/2.8 isn't really needed for landscapes as most probably one will be shooting at F/8 or higher. As per most reviews and sample shot , the 10-20 seems to be as sharp as 11-6 at F/8 .

I posted this else where in theforum already but posting it here as its related to DSLR.

Can you let me know if I get a IS or non IS lens with Canon 1000D? , I placed order in letsbuy when asked the CC they had informed they dont have an idea and I need to check Canon site, where I didnt find any information apart from the word Kit Lens( Default lens)

reviews on the sigma 10-20 please (BRENDON!)

the tokina 11-16 is expensive, plus i dont really see the point of getting it for the f2.8 itself.

help me out

The f2.8 can get you the very late evening landscapes, but I agree most of the times would be using F9 or higher. The extra focal length of Sigma on the lower end is brilliant, more so if later on you upgrade to a FF. Personally I have used Brendon's Sigma 10-20 and liked it, people state that the Tokina vignettes less then the Sigma.

Aces170 said:
The f2.8 can get you the very late evening landscapes, but I agree most of the times would be using F9 or higher. The extra focal length of Sigma on the lower end is brilliant, more so if later on you upgrade to a FF. Personally I have used Brendon's Sigma 10-20 and liked it, people state that the Tokina vignettes less then the Sigma.
big factor, the 11-16 wont focus on my sasta body :)

^^ Actually that's not a bad idea, the D5000 body should fetch you 21k odd, add 8-9k more for a D90 second hand body (there are quite a few of them on sale at JJM). The D90 would be worth every penny, especially the awesome penta-prism view finder..

I tried out the D7000 for a day and the view-finder on it is a little better than my D90 . Best of all was the auto-focusing .Its really fast :O ! and for some reason when I took exact same frames on the D90 and D7000 with same lens the colours of D7000 turned out to be lot lot more vibrant with much higher contrast .First Brendon suggested D7000 might be JPEG mode but even on RAW the D7K snaps looked so much better than D90 . D90 looked slightly dull but natural and D7K more vibrant and colourful .Ofcourse these small things can be adjusted while PPing.

Only if D7000 was a little more cheaper , It would've been totally worth over a D90 .As of now with a difference of almost 22k I can't really say unless one needs to shoot videos as well . (37k vs 59k for body only ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back