Camera All newbie/starter entry level DSLR information

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaganjain said:
Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.8G lens for Price: $219.95
I think price should be bit low for this lens ?
What is your take on this ?
While I do like lower prices but this lens does have a few features which are not available in budget lenses...

SWM motor
Manual Focus without flipping a switch in M/A mode :eek:hyeah:

I think the price is justified and this lens is superior to the Canon 50mm f1.8 and Nikon Af 50mm 1.8

I think the price is justified and this lens is superior to the Canon 50mm f1.8 and Nikon Af 50mm 1.8

That remains to be seen, at double the price is it really worth it?

SWM motor is quiet, but I would be happy only if its more accurate under low light. But atleast the Nikon "Sasta" bodies have a 50mm prime lens options.

ronnie_gogs said:
While I do like lower prices but this lens does have a few features which are not available in budget lenses...

SWM motor

Manual Focus without flipping a switch in M/A mode :eek:hyeah:

Aces170 said:
That remains to be seen, at double the price is it really worth it?

SWM motor is quiet, but I would be happy only if its more accurate under low light. But atleast the Nikon "Sasta" bodies have a 50mm prime lens options.

Here are sample from lens

FzX0h.jpg

sample3ly.jpg

sample4l.jpg

bokeh look smooth too

I agree that actual comparision can be done after a few reviews come out and people start using them... But on paper the lens looks worth the price...
Besides its Nikon's launch price... They cant price a lens with better features at same price as an old lens when the older is still in the market ... Offcially its like 80 dollars more... $ 134 to $ 219

Now you have 50mm divided evenly across the price range
50mm AF f1.8D $134
50mm AFS f1.8G $219
50mm AF f1.4D $369
50mm AFS f1.4G $484

Now you have 50mm divided evenly across the price range

50mm AF f1.8D $134

50mm AFS f1.8G $219

50mm AF f1.4D $369

50mm AFS f1.4G $484

Lol even the f1.4 have the AFD ones, and at $369 it is much cheaper then the Canon counterpart.

I still don't see why so many people like the 50mm FL on crop cameras (though I have 3 50 1.4 lenses :p).. for general walk arounds, I much prefer the 35mm FL.

TechHead said:
I still don't see why so many people like the 50mm FL on crop cameras (though I have 3 50 1.4 lenses :p).. for general walk arounds, I much prefer the 35mm FL.
can you source me or sponsor me a 35 mm FL lense for walkaround for my camera ?

Dont you think the price difference is too much and with extreme low price of Nifty Fifty in almost all brands is the main source of popularity.

^Exactly, the price difference sucks. The Pentax FA35/2 is about 475USD new at B&H, the FA50/1.4, which I have, is around 360 USD new.

However, they've launched a newer DA35/2.4, based off the same optical formula as the 35/2, for about 180USD. Waiting to get my hands on that.

In the interim, I have a Vivitar 35/1.9, MF though. Love this lens, just wish I could find an AF version of it.

I still don't see why so many people like the 50mm FL on crop cameras (though I have 3 50 1.4 lenses ).. for general walk arounds, I much prefer the 35mm FL.

The price is a big factor, in addition for portraits and closer shots the 50mm is more preferable. In fact for portraits the 85mm and 100mm lens are the most sought after.

^85/100 on FF, that's why the 50 becomes a 75/80 on a crop sensor, making it a perfect portrait length.

Check out the Pentax FA*85/1.4.. damn thing goes for like 1200USD on eBay, it's a full-frame lens.

@Techhead - I have a Rokinon 85mm f1.4 MF lens. Its a new optic lens so IQ is close to Canon/Nikon equivalents and better than most old manual focus lenses.

Got it from Joseph for 6.5k. :)

I simply LOVE the bokeh you get from such lenses. One of my all time fav lenses for sure.

TechHead said:
I already have the 35mm, and i'd like to have something for portraits :)

50mm is cheap, 85mm though desirable burns the wallet :bleh:

BF1983 said:
@Techhead - I have a Rokinon 85mm f1.4 MF lens. Its a new optic lens so IQ is close to Canon/Nikon equivalents and better than most old manual focus lenses.

Got it from Joseph for 6.5k. :)

I simply LOVE the bokeh you get from such lenses. One of my all time fav lenses for sure.

Ahhh, the Rokinon/Samyang lens. I've heard good things about this one. It's available in K-mount as well.

Know anyone who wants to sell in K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back