Budget 25-30k All rounder phone.

Hachune

Disciple
Hey guys looking for a phone at around 20k to 32k range.

Specs i am looking for :
1. Decent enough camera (not necessarily top notch but above average)

2. Amoled is a must (at least 90hz)

3. Good battery (more than 4000mah)

4. Fast and fluid OS (I like oxygen OS very much, I hate MiUI)

I have considered Motorola Edge 20 and Edge 30 (almost perfect for me but a little lacking in battery).

Realme GT 2 looks good too. (30k with offer)

I like Oneplus 10R too but a too expensive.

These are the ones on my mind, do you think there are other phones worth considering? Thanks. I don't lookout for phones much so I don't know much models.

The A52s seems like a downgrade then coming from SD855 and going to SD778 but with the GT2 you get an SD888

Since you're used to a Chinese UI, the shift to realme shouldn't be that hard. I'm not familiar with either of these two UI's but can say that Sammy's OneUi is pretty good with lots of features and many introduced in the higher end make their way down the range within reason.

You won't miss the SD card slot since your K20 doesn't have one. But you will lose the headphone jack with the GT2.

You also lose telephoto as neither of the two has one.

What surprised me was the SD888 plays quite well with the GT2, battery life seems good as well according to GSMarena

Didn't people say 888 heats up a lot?

the only thing that isn't so great with the GT2 is the selfie camera. What were they thinking about using a F/2.5 in 2022(!)

She doesn't think the GT2 is as good as looking for an older flagship that has SD888 and comes with a better camera

Might have to do with pricing in the EU but whether that is the case in India too isn't clear.

Alternatives suggested instead are S21FE & Xiaomi 11T Pro

When going for a new phone it should feel like an upgrade and if it requires upping budget a little then do it.

Last edited:

The A52s seems like a downgrade then coming from SD855 and going to SD778 but with the GT2 you get an SD888

Since you're used to a Chinese UI, the shift to realme shouldn't be that hard. I'm not familiar with either of these two UI's but can say that Sammy's OneUi is pretty good with lots of features and many introduced in the higher end make their way down the range within reason.

You won't miss the SD card slot since your K20 doesn't have one. But you will lose the headphone jack with the GT2.

You also lose telephoto as neither of the two has one.

What surprised me was the SD888 plays quite well with the GT2, battery life seems good as well according to GSMarena

Didn't people say 888 heats up a lot?

the only thing that isn't so great with the GT2 is the selfie camera. What were they thinking about using a F/2.5 in 2022(!)

She doesn't think the GT2 is as good as looking for an older flagship that has SD888 and comes with a better camera

Might have to do with pricing in the EU but whether that is the case in India too isn't clear.

Alternatives suggested instead are S21FE & Xiaomi 11T Pro

When going for a new phone it should feel like an upgrade and if it requires upping budget a little then do it.
Another detailed one, thanks alot. I am completely satisfied with the 855 performance alone and feel no need to upgrade it but MIUI is the problem and why I want to change phone.

Although SD 855 is still pretty powerful, somehow MIUI is dragging it down, some games are very laggy on MIUI while the same games are very smooth when using a custom ROM such as Pixel Experience.

I thought SD 8 Gen 1 is the one made by Samsung which heats a lot. I didn't know 888 also has heating problem, is it made by Samsung as well?

If you are interested, your redmi k20 pro has great developer support - https://t.me/redmik20proupdates
Install pixel experience/Ancient OS ROM and Google camera. you should be good for another 2-3 years. Using banking apps wont be a problem if you don't root it.
I have been using pixel experience for more than 3 months. Original PE and then PE plus. It's not nearly as bug free as people claim it to be. From day 1, you can't hear phone ring when u call someone on Volte, this is a known bug even for other phone models on PE. After months of usage, battery drains very fast, charging become slow and heat problems started. Sometimes, even scrolling on the app drawer is laggy as hell.

If this was my second phone, I would love PE very much, but it's just not for daily usage I guess. (At least for me)

Oneplus 10R is a good option if you can stretch your budget a bit. Online price is 35K but you get a Axis Bank Cards you get a Flat discount of 3K ( as per Amazon website )

Another detailed one, thanks alot. I am completely satisfied with the 855 performance alone and feel no need to upgrade it but MIUI is the problem and why I want to change phone.

Although SD 855 is still pretty powerful, somehow MIUI is dragging it down, some games are very laggy on MIUI while the same games are very smooth when using a custom ROM such as Pixel Experience.

I thought SD 8 Gen 1 is the one made by Samsung which heats a lot. I didn't know 888 also has heating problem, is it made by Samsung as well?
It heats up if used extensively for a while. Not a problem with light to medium use but since you're a gamer may be best to stay away from 888.

Look for phones with an 870, they should be able to handle gaming without heating. That's what that youtuber concluded in the previous video

So he reviews the Neo6 here and compares it with a 888 phone from the same brand.

Check the attached pic and see the temperature after running the benchmark with 870 on the left vs. the 888 on the right

10-degree difference !!

Attachments

• Neo6.png
    Neo6.png
    667.7 KB · Views: 67
Does A52S have 24/192 audio?
You would need to use Sammy's buds as the scalable codec is 24/192

When I look in the developer options on my S20FE I noticed scalable was selected by default. This requires line of sight and since the bitrate is more I find it cuts out more often if there are obstacles when moving around. I think I will set mine to AAC or SBC and see how the resilience to obstacles fares with lower Bluetooth codecs.

Does A52s support scalable? I don't know. Maybe someone with that phone AND Samsung buds can confirm. To verify on A52s, check the Bluetooth codecs available in developer options. If Scalable is greyed out and the buds you have do support it then A52s does not support 24/192 audio, is scalable is selected it does.

If you mean the headphone jack then read this

Last edited:
You would need to use Sammy's buds as the scalable codec is 24/192

When I look in the developer options on my S20FE I noticed scalable was selected by default. This requires line of sight and since the bitrate is more I find it cuts out more often if there are obstacles when moving around. I think I will set mine to AAC or SBC and see how the resilience to obstacles fares with lower Bluetooth codecs.

Does A52s support scalable? I don't know. Maybe someone with that phone AND Samsung buds can confirm. To verify on A52s, check the Bluetooth codecs available in developer options. If Scalable is greyed out and the buds you have do support it then A52s does not support 24/192 audio, is scalable is selected it does.

If you mean the headphone jack then read this
I meant via USB. I was salivating at prospect of using Apple lossless. QOBUZZ, Tidal, PowerAmp, UAPP etc already bypass native 48 resampling of Android via custom USB drivers. Only Apple doesn't.

I was thinking of asking the question for a couple days, Will apple lossless work without resample on Phones claiming 24/192, 24/384 Audio? Does claim of 24/192, 24/384 Audio mean that native 48 resample of Android is bypassed with drivers in that device?

I meant via USB. I was salivating at prospect of using Apple lossless. QOBUZZ, Tidal, PowerAmp, UAPP etc already bypass native 48 resampling of Android via custom USB drivers. Only Apple doesn't.

I was thinking of asking the question for a couple days, Will apple lossless work without resample on Phones claiming 24/192, 24/384 Audio? Does claim of 24/192, 24/384 Audio mean that native 48 resample of Android is bypassed with drivers in that device?
And how does the A52S fare wrt to the above ?

Back