OC & Modding All things SFF

Weekend project in my favorite case: the DAN A4 SFX.

View attachment 186435

I need a proper workspace..

View attachment 186436

View attachment 186432

It's alive!

View attachment 186433

The cable salad on the GPU side needs some attending to.. A project for a later date.

View attachment 186438

Tubing runs aren't the most elegant, but I wanted to work with the fittings I had on hand.

View attachment 186439

Tucks away nicely behind the monitor.

View attachment 186434

A fun build and a good prototype for something more adventurous down the line.
I have the same case and i absolutely love what you have done with it. Please make a post with directions of how you accomplished this. It will be very helpful for poor souls like me who want to copy your setup and show it off to friends and cousins.

What waterblock for A2000 is that?
And this EK VECTOR thing?

Attachments

• PXL_20231226_060032796.jpg
    PXL_20231226_060032796.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I have the same case and i absolutely love what you have done with it. Please make a post with directions of how you accomplished this. It will be very helpful for poor souls like me who want to copy your setup and show it off to friends and cousins.
Sure. I'll add to the post when I have some time. Component selection is the probably the most important aspect of tiny builds.
What waterblock for A2000 is that?
And this EK VECTOR thing?
The WB can be found here. I had to upgrade my cooling solution after shunt modding the card.

The EK Vector WB is just taking up space on my desk and has nothing to do with this build. It's a WB for a 2080Ti FE which I milled to accommodate a 2080 (non-Ti) FE PCB.

I have the same case and I have oriented the AIO in exactly the same way. Actually, I tried all possible options and this seems to be the most feasible one.
i was a bit concerned because the aio compatibility chart suggests that 400mm aios and sfx-l psus don't go together. i had the tubes pointing south earlier, tried to route them from under the psu, which would have been ideal had i an sfx psu. now, i'm worried about the tubes being under pressure from the radiator joint stress above the psu. thanks again.
Rotate the AIO another 90° clockwise
this is what i'd get if i rotate it 90° clockwise, and it kinda looks a bit less safe
1707224593495.jpeg

(fount it on reddit)

AIO's are built pretty tough.. I'm willing to bet it will be fine.

This case really is perfect! wish they made a longer version which would take my 4090 :'(

AIO's are built pretty tough.. I'm willing to bet it will be fine.

This case really is perfect! wish they made a longer version which would take my 4090 :'(
yeah man. the tubes on this one are built like a tank. i would've still felt a little bit better if there were atx 3 sfx psu's available here, spares a lot of space for airflow and cables.

i think it'll be a long time before i can find a gpu for this one.
This is how mine looks. Ive been running it this way for the past 18 months View attachment 189967
thanks for sharing! appreciate it. what's the tube length?

The tube length is 380mm. Mine is a cooler master ML240L V2. I actually did try multiple orientations, a few put less strain on the tubing but I was not able to close the panel and vice versa. Finally settled for this. I don't see any issues with the thermal performance. But, from my experience, go for a shorter tube length.

I remember seeing someone had used a EK 240mm AIO in reddit, that had the perfect fit, but it was not in stock when I built mine.

Which sff cases can take non sff psu....can those HP or lenovo small cases take the non sff psu.
There are plenty. The CM NR200 and Cougar QBX come to mind first because they also happen to be readily available in India. The Sama IM01 is another but that's pushing the SFF envelope at over 21 liters. The SSUPD Meshlicious is also an option. HP, Lenovo etc. often use proprietary power supplies so you want to double-check compatibility.

I think i can get something custom made. My friend gets panels made and for 16 gauge sheet panels he get it for 135/kg, cuts and holes are made with mm precision if one gives proper drawings. I am thinking of going that way.
Just have to get drawings, will take friends help.

Back