ALLIANCE KOLKATA 6mbps SPEED TEST

hotindia

Disciple
1687080512.png
:clap::clap::clap: Package PREMIUM 1050 UNLIMITED. Atlast some world class speeds in Kolkata :clap:

@OP - how's the service of Alliance? I mean in terms of down time and stuff? Is it reliable enough to be had as a primary connection?

Need to check with cable operator now on availability. BTW what speeds do you normally get and what period is considered as night usage?

TIA

Other than load shedding and power cuts no downtimes...night period is from 1am-9am....day speeds are 720kbps(90KBps) for internet and 20mbps for PEERING.I get 2.3MB/SEC in torrents because of peering speed. :)

What's the peering thing guys??

I could have easily shifted to Alliance but I didn't because I heard that their service is is too bad as it was 3 years ago.

I used to be on Alliance 3 years ago and then I shifted to BSNL, because of many problems like...

1. 24 Online Client. Can't use Router in PPPoE Mode

2. Speed. I had 512kbps connection and I used to get only 10kBps download speed.

3. Reliability. They are down even if there is medium thunderstorm. And of course "Server Time Out" on 24 Online Client while trying to log in for max. time of the day. And on rainy season don't even ask please.

4. Static IP from Switch. No dedicated bandwidth like BSNL. They use to provide connection from switch placed locally, which hampers speed if many users are online on that locality and of course download problem from file sharing sites like rapidshare and all. I always used to get "Your IP is already downloading a file".

So I'd like to know the reviews specially on above mentioned points from present Alliance Users.

What's the peering thing guys??

I could have easily shifted to Alliance but I didn't because I heard that their service is is too bad as it was 3 years ago.

I used to be on Alliance 3 years ago and then I shifted to BSNL, because of many problems like...

1. 24 Online Client. Can't use Router in PPPoE Mode

Now its replace with one IPACCT Login system which does require one login via a HTTP page and then you can close that page and continue your browsing till you logout or ping out [2mins].

2. Speed. I had 512kbps connection and I used to get only 10kBps download speed.

They now provide what they promise at least that's what i get from direct downloads and torrents.

3. Reliability. They are down even if there is medium thunderstorm. And of course "Server Time Out" on 24 Online Client while trying to log in for max. time of the day. And on rainy season don't even ask please.

Well the only downtime I face are during power outages
<
. The line was working fine on the recent thunderstorm we had on monday morning.

4. Static IP from Switch. No dedicated bandwidth like BSNL. They use to provide connection from switch placed locally, which hampers speed if many users are online on that locality and of course download problem from file sharing sites like rapidshare and all. I always used to get "Your IP is already downloading a file".

They provide STATIC LAN IP . WAN IP was never static I have been a user for 3 years now didn't face such a problem.

s9hlk.png

Here was my last session
<

Alliance now runs a Bit-torrent cache NAS [reported to be 30TB] , this server caches all the popular torrents like games movies and others stuffs[even linux distributions] from public tracker and when the caching is 100% then any user downloading it will get a added Local Peer [with speeds varying according to the plan]. I get 1.7mBps~ while my friend with the 6mbps Premium pack gets 2.3mBps.

And with the new system there is one disadvantage i.e. your LAN speed is capped to the peering speed
<
. But overall the experience is IMPROVED GREATLY . For a general download-er its good and for power users like US
<
the higher pack provide net speed as well as peering
<
. Though this thing has only helped me in downloading recent games that come nothing less then 8-18GB
<
Rest content is not top notch but "kaam chalao".

Can anyone from Kolkata tell me what't the non refundable price for new connection ?

Though I know if something goes wrong I have to pay full amot for the ew wire again to cable oparator.
<

Alliance or cable walla will not ay for that.

I' have no hope for peering cos u can't get high DL speed if other not UL with high speed.
<

BTW,what the UL speed providing Alliance now.

Last year when I had Aliiance I got 10kBps(80kbps) UL speed with my 320kbps(40kBps) connection.

And streaming and onlinegaming not well cos of bad ping.

Back