PC Peripherals Alternatives to gigabyte 460 watt psu?

Re: any other option than gigabyte 460 wt psu?

wat about zebroniccs pro 500w or 450w

AFAIK the pro series are atleast on par with some high end high priced PSUs

pl guys comment on this i am gonna get this zeb pro psu as its cheaper than gigabyte superb psu and it also provides some room for overclocking

^Yeah PRO series from the Zebronics are on par with these but I'd rate FSP a notch above HEC when it comes to the OEMs of these power supplies.

so should i get a zebronics pro 550 or 500

here check out my sig.

im gonna turbo boost (OC) my core i5 to 3.2ghz dunno much abt it now will try it when it get my new pc

and will oc my 5770 to xtreme only when certain games in abt 2-3 years will start running slow

is ZEB pro 500w sufficient or should i get zeb pro 550w

^I'd suggest something better for that system! Something like the Corsair CX400, Seasonic 380W or the VX450. A PSU is a safe-guard investment for your PC and do NOT bargain for this piece of equipment. Serves you in the long run and if done wisely, will last you for a couple of upgrades in the future.

v.Na5h said:
so should i get a zebronics pro 550 or 500

here check out my sig.

im gonna turbo boost (OC) my core i5 to 3.2ghz dunno much abt it now will try it when it get my new pc

and will oc my 5770 to xtreme only when certain games in abt 2-3 years will start running slow

is ZEB pro 500w sufficient or should i get zeb pro 550w

just want to ask a Question ..
why do you guyz spend so, much amount of money on the rest of hardware & not on PSU??
isn't PSU as important as a CPU or a M/B??
think before you invest coz the difference between Corsair VX450 & other cheap PSU is about 1.8k & for that amount you get a better PSU with more warranty on it..
just telling you coz i had a old P4 system with generic PSU which blowed up my M/B,Optical Drive & itself just 3 days ago..

cooler master CM460w is better option and easily available all over

naveen58 said:
why do you guyz spend so, much amount of money on the rest of hardware & not on PSU??
think before you invest coz the difference between Corsair VX450 & other cheap PSU is about 1.8k & for that amount you get a better PSU with more warranty on it..
just telling you coz i had a old P4 system with generic PSU which blowed up my M/B,Optical Drive & itself just 3 days ago..

Well said and so true.

bul said:
cooler master CM460w is better option and easily available all over

[PUN] Nicely put! [/PUN]

Your profile name redefines the kind of suggestions you give!

This is the same question i ask everydamn person who asks me for suggestions to buy a PC. Some peolpe are willing to take the risk paying less for the PSU some think they don't care saving money on elec bills, they forget reliable power to the components is also very important. Repped U.

naveen58 said:

Rockfella said:
This is the same question i ask everydamn person who asks me for suggestions to buy a PC. Some peolpe are willing to take the risk paying less for the PSU some think they don't care saving money on elec bills, they forget reliable power to the components is also very important. Repped U.

thank you very much Rockfella..
i said this because when i was out buying my first rig or "GAMING RIG" to be honest then i was about to buy a CM600 watt PSU then my friend suggested me to go for Corsair even though it was damn expensive..but i don't regret that decision..:hap5:
i bought a TX650 for 6.8k & didn't bought the GPU by that time..
Just to tell you all even if you decide to buy a rig or PC worth 30k do include a Good PSU coz i know how much it pains when your other components blow off..
recently spended 3k to repair an old P4 system..
atleast buy a Corsair CX400 for 3k..:hap2:

so wat psu should i go for under 3k

requirements

1 oc core i5 to turbo boost

2. oc HD5770 to the extreme

^ Ohh my my.. i think my post didn't made you change your mind..

you want to overclock everything to it's max. & you don't want to provide the power that they need..:S

IMO atleast buy a VX550 for 5.5k or if you can't spend that much then i'll say atleast get a VX450 for 4k..

all i'm asking you to do is buy a better PSU for your system..

man i've seen people buying E5300 & pairing it up with CX400.

Spend a lil bit more ~1k more & get a VX450..

or search for an RMA'ed VX450 for around 3k.

Rest is all up to you..

sorry for hijacking this thread.

Can anyone tell me a good psu for my rig.

E6550

8600gt 512

2 HDD (1 tb seagate + 500 gb seagate) planning to add one more.

Back