Am I Lucky or Am I Duped?

BIKeINSTEIN said:
:O :O :O

You sure you got genuine maal or is it that the HD485 is only good for moosic, which you say is again not as good as the Philips. :O
I need fresh air- i am unable to believe what i read. :no:

Or is it that u need '2.1 headphones with THUMP' like i have (supposed to be a premium stereo headset). :rofl:

LOL.. Its genuine alright. I got them off newegg through my friend just before the holiday season.

Newegg.com - SENNHEISER HD 485 3.5mm/ 6.3mm Connector Supra-aural Explore new sound dimensions Headphone

I had even posted a Razer Barracuda Vs HD 485 thread before picking them. Actually these headphones may be well suited for music, but not that good for gaming. My HP 805 sounded better in the games. Worst of all is the fact that they are not comfortable at all. My ears pain like hell even just after 30 min of usage. :( My HP 805 were the pinacle of comfort in headphones.

Anyway I will give them some more time and if I do not like them, I will put them up for sale. :no:

Lord Nemesis said:
Thats a pretty good price you got there for that set. I would have gone for a pair (for that kind of price) myself some time back

I myself got a Sennheiser HD 485 (bought more than a month ago, but got in my hands a few days back) and pretty much disappointed with its initial performance in games and movies as well as the comfort level. I was expecting some decent improvement over my Phillips HP 805 in the applications I mentioned before, but they sounded similar or poorer than the Phillips set. :huh:

Now thinking maybe I would have been better of with a pair of Razer Barracuda Multi Channel phones.

Maybe I will give them some more burn-in time, they may sound better after that. :ashamed:

Rave said:
Actually bikey, i agree with him. I found the 485s to be very poor, not upto the hype they are made up over here at TE, the bass was a bit tighter than my Philips hp800 but thats about it, and needless to say, very very uncomfortable to wear unless one has coin sized ears

you two must be deaf or on onboard audio as i have owned Philips S-HP805 & own a Sennheiser HD485 & tested a Philips HP800

but after shifting to Sennheiser HD485 every song/movie/game felt heaven :eek:hyeah:

the order is Sennheiser HD485 > Sennheiser HD457 > Philips HP800 > Philips S-HP805 > Zalman ZM-RS6F :p

insulting Sennheiser HD485 is blasphemy :no:

Udit said:
you two must be deaf or on onboard audio as i have owned Philips S-HP805 & own a Sennheiser HD485 & tested a Philips HP800

but after shifting to Sennheiser HD485 every song/movie/game felt heaven :eek:hyeah:

the order is Sennheiser HD485 > Sennheiser HD457 > Philips HP800 > Philips S-HP805 > Zalman ZM-RS6F :p

you have your opinion, i have my

oh and the sound was driven via SB live 24, through and Amp, and needless to say both the headphones were connected to the same output so it doesn't matter

thanks for the heads up though, ill have my ears checked :p

Udit said:

I am neither deaf nor I am I on board audio. I have an Audigy 2 ZS driving an Altec Lansing 251 (Setup in 2.1 mode) and I am using the amplified headphone out of this system for connecting the headphones.

As I said, it maybe that some burn-in time is required for the HD 485 to sound good, but at least for the moment, my HP 805 seem to sound way better or similar to the HD 485 except for the bass quality and bass alone does not make up good quality sound. For that matter, I do not even keep bass too high when using Headphones. As for the comfort factor, theres clearly no comparison. HP 805 is leagues ahead. They had been comfortable from day 1 I got them and there was no need for getting used to them. I never felt that I was wearing headphones even though I had them on for hours on a stretch.

As for comparison with Zalman's, I never said they would be better than HD 485 or HP 805. The only thing they have going for them is better direction perception which probably adds more depth to the gaming and movie watching and in a way makes up for the lack of quality in sound.

I bought these for like 3300 3 years back. But I loved them for games , they were bad for music, but games were soooo nice.

Btw I saw these headphones in the same shop some 3 months back ! I asked him the price since I did not believe a roadside shop would sell something for 1500 bucks. I too was stunned at the price. But I already got a good pair of headphones and I did not know if these were original or fake.

Oh and you must look like you are very rich ! I was quoted a price of 700 bucks only without any bargaining.

But anyways congrats, don't bother what people say about these headphones , they rock for gaming !

IIRC, i had heard that the HD485 need a dedicated headphone amp to produce the right o/p(due to some sensitivity or something). :S
Is that the case here?? :ashamed:

BIKeINSTEIN said:
IIRC, i had heard that the HD485 need a dedicated headphone amp to produce the right o/p(due to some sensitivity or something). :S
Is that the case here?? :ashamed:

from what i read, a dedicated amp was necessary for only HD600 and up, noone gets a dedicated amp for a 70$ headphones ;)

Back