AM5 and Ryzen 7000 News

Intel will likely hold a launch event for the 13th Gen Core "Raptor Lake" processors on September 27, 2022 (when it's September 28 in Taiwan). This happens to be the same day AMD's Ryzen 7000 "Zen 4" processors go on sale. Pre-orders for these processors will open on October 13, 2022 (or October 14 in Taiwan). This is when you'll be able to order one online. October 20 is when the processors will be available to purchase off the shelf (October 21 in Taiwan). This document does not deal with review NDAs, so we'll have to guess that reviews go live somewhere between September 27 and October 13.

Seems like we will be in for a treat this Diwali. I am glad that I waited this long.

its a no go for amd if your budget for processor + mobo + ram is below 80k
If you have low budget then any new launch isn't for you because historically as we've all seen all higher end CPUs/GPUs are launched first and only after a year or so the lower end SKUs are released.
If you're aiming at the high end, wait. If not then buy what's available right now.

Normally during initial launch of new tech the prices are on the higher side. So anybody who needs a Budget board with 7600X needs to wait that processor will launch after 6 months of initial launch of higher end processors. So is the case of the motherboards as well. Patience is important in Budget matters otherwise SKY is the limit.

I think there is going to be very good competition between AMD & Intel this generation both in terms of price & performance. Hopefully us consumers might be able to get some great value products out of this. Folks looking for an upgrade should ideally wait for year end or early next year as by that time early adopter tax would come down significantly & competition will ensure both manufacturers have price corrected their respective models.

In all, next year is looking very promising for us PC enthusiast both in terms of CPU & GPU upgrades.

Consumers will get good price as the competition between Intel and AMD is set for next few years and the demand for pc products have collapsed post opening up from the lockdown. Next few years will be good for to go for any CPU & GPU purchase.

Hmm, the whole PC lovers are in a longtime wait, for the barrier/bottle neck communication speed between the CPU, BUS, and RAM, that will be broken when the CPU operates at the speed of 5.0 Ghz base frequency and the RAM probably DDR5 will be communicating at the speed of 5Ghz, illustrating the Bottleneck broken is a great achievement since the year 2000!! and when all these act happen at the less cost of WATTS usage, that makes it more sweeter than ever, that will be my LAST PC BUILD before i give up on PCs, a life well lived for a human being!!

Could it be AM5 or Intel 13th/14th gen??!! will get either one of them!!

add now the communication speed of HDD(50MB/Sec) as it has become NVMe M.2 ssd Pcie4 or 5 (7.xx GB/sec) , INTERNET speed hitting 5G, and the wifi are at 5Ghz, so we are in the best of times!! enjoy and experience when we get it!! perfectly!!

...and also giving it a cooling time like an year until it gets issueless!! so 2023 will be an year of big achievements!!
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness...

That LivePixer PCB looks as if someone puked yellow shit all over it.
ASRock-B650-LiveMixer-Motherboard-PCB-low_res-scale-4_00x-scaled.jpg

7000 series will be HOT to run.

AMD’s client desktop processors remain the weakest in their line-up compared to Intel. Outright performance for the money lags behind while being much more difficult to cool than Intel’s offerings. Ryzen 7000’s 5nm process significantly increases production costs and risks eroding margins as it is difficult to increase ASPs commensurately in such a competitive environment. Mandatory DDR5 on the new AM5 platform will also have some impact on uptake due to a much higher base platform cost.

Back