Amazon coming to India next year!

Gannu said:
Retailers will get a beating for sure. Nothing ever beats the comfort of ordering something from the couch and receiving it at the doorstep! :D

I hope IKEA is listening. We want durable cheap ready-to-assemble furniture now! :(
Yeah, Jerker anyone?

They DID come to India several years ago and have been here ever since. They set up 3 dev centres one each in Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad. More details here -

Amazon Development Center, India

However the Indian website operations ie. - Amazon.in/Amazon.co.in itself - will only be entering India (tentatively) in Q1 2012.

I did a quick DNS look up and found that the Domain Amazon.co.in was registered on 31-12-2003 while Amazon.in was registered on 11-02-05.

So apparently, their plans for an Indian website have been in place for a while......

Brace yourselves.
<

www.junglee.com

but junglee doesn't seems like typical amazon.

its more like online catalog.

till it become 'more' FK will rule.
<

but junglee doesn't seems like typical amazon.

its more like online catalog.

till it become 'more' FK will rule.
<

Yes, it's more like an online catalog right now. According to their About page, they are still in Beta. So, we can expect 'full-fledged' Amazon once they are out of Beta.

it will be successful if it offers COD option .

Because according to a TV program on some english News channel I saw , sorry cant recollect the name ,

the stats showed that most people opt for the COD option , they feel secure and stuff .

Although a bit more than some other sites , people still go for it .

Also Service is of utmost importance , even some big firms tend to ignore it at times .

^ Amazon already got a huge reputation which of course junglee will inherit.

And seeing FK and others success stories, COD is a must in Indian online scenario. PaisaPay is also was a decent move though.

The cost shown on junglee excludes the tax and duty.

I think once they add it, The price will normalize to flipkart one.

Amazon Global provides duty and tax estimation during checkout, as well as customs clearance by the courier on your behalf for certain eligible countries.

Besides having no warranty at all (save for the products with international warranty).

Back