amazon global

I have few queries about amazon global.

1. What local courier does amazon use for delivering the product after it lands in India ?
2. How do i know the import fees is actually charged on the package or not ? Since i have to pre pay that and if i get lucky and they do not charge the fees then how can i ask that back ?
3. Is anyone from Pune or Mumbai planning to order anything from amazon global so that we can probably club our purchase to get it over 125$ and get free shipping. I will do the main payment since i have gift card balance as well. And you can transfer me the INR. The item i want to purchase costs 80$ ((base price before shipping or taxes or anything).

Aramex, within India aramex, if not they will call you, I got delivery by aramex in manipal from us direct.. U need to contact aramex for Bill of entry, to know duty charged.

Also amazon will automatically refund import deposit, of duty isn't charger, but after 2months only.

1. What local courier does amazon use for delivering the product after it lands in India ?
2. How do i know the import fees is actually charged on the package or not ? Since i have to pre pay that and if i get lucky and they do not charge the fees then how can i ask that back ?
3. Is anyone from Pune or Mumbai planning to order anything from amazon global so that we can probably club our purchase to get it over 125$ and get free shipping. I will do the main payment since i have gift card balance as well. And you can transfer me the INR. The item i want to purchase costs 80$ ((base price before shipping or taxes or anything).

Aramex, within India aramex, if not they will call you, I got delivery by aramex in manipal from us direct.. U need to contact aramex for Bill of entry, to know duty charged.

Also amazon will automatically refund import deposit, of duty isn't charger, but after 2months only.

For me
1) Got via FedEx
2) I got a refund of ~$5 after 2 months

Is there no free shipping offer over 125$ orders ? For trial I added 2 items and before shipping and fees, the price was 130$ but no free shipping there.

I am planning to order the Nexus 7 from Amazon US.
Whats the normal time frame with in which its delivered in India ?
Also any ideas on the approx duty which will be charged for this ?? (Will amazon reimburse the duty ?). Thx!

Just to clarify - import fees deposit is always paid on internationally-shipped products. If you're lucky, custom duty (or import fees) is not charged and you can demand a refund from Amazon. Am I right?

I am planning to order the Nexus 7 from Amazon US.
Whats the normal time frame with in which its delivered in India ?
Also any ideas on the approx duty which will be charged for this ?? (Will amazon reimburse the duty ?). Thx!

If you buy from amazon global then at the end of placing your order you will see something like import fees and you prepay that to amazon. Now if you get lucky and customs are not charged on your package, amazon will refund that import fees. But never count on that. But what you see on final screen of your order payment on amazon global that is what you will pay and not a penny more.
I went ahead and put the new nexus 7 16GB in my cart and final price i am getting is....

Order Summary
Items: $229.00
Shipping & handling: $8.43
AmazonGlobal Saver: -$8.43
Total before tax: $229.00
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $73.37
Total: $302.37

This is shipped to Mumbai. But i guess it will be the same all over India.
I selected the FREE SHIPPING option remember that. So you will pay $302.37 as final landing price to you home.

Btw i am not buying the product i was going to buy since the price on amazon went to 100$ from 80$ so will wait for price to come down.

Ya..that is how they calculate it. This was the invoice for my G-Shock Riseman. I am yet to "find-out"; if I will get the refund for any import-fee levied. They had said, it takes 60 days.

Item(s) Subtotal:INR 8,354.00
Shipping & Handling:INR 634.44
Promotion applied:-INR 634.44
-----
Total before tax:INR 9,549.79
Sales Tax:INR 0.00
Import Fees DepositINR 1,195.79
-----
Total for This Shipment:INR 9,549.79

Thanks guys.
Damn. Thats a very high import fees being levied. I suppose the chances of getting lucky is very slim.

Basically you use Amazon global to satisfy a whim-of-fancy which is not available in India....! I wanted that Riseman, and the India model was not radio-sync capable (which I wanted too). Plus it costed more here anyways, the no radio sync. model.

If you buy from amazon global then at the end of placing your order you will see something like import fees and you prepay that to amazon. Now if you get lucky and customs are not charged on your package, amazon will refund that import fees. But never count on that. But what you see on final screen of your order payment on amazon global that is what you will pay and not a penny more.
I went ahead and put the new nexus 7 16GB in my cart and final price i am getting is....

Order Summary
Items: $229.00
Shipping & handling: $8.43
AmazonGlobal Saver: -$8.43
Total before tax: $229.00
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $73.37
Total: $302.37

This is shipped to Mumbai. But i guess it will be the same all over India.
I selected the FREE SHIPPING option remember that. So you will pay $302.37 as final landing price to you home.

Btw i am not buying the product i was going to buy since the price on amazon went to 100$ from 80$ so will wait for price to come down.
Isnt the duty too high??Duty for tabs is around 17% i think.They are charging over 30%.Is it possible to contact them before order and get the tax revised??

@raksrules
- For Delivery
AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping - Will be shipped by Aramex mostly (99%) - From amazon warehouse to your doorstep
AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping - Will either be shipped by DHL or Aramex - From amazon warehouse to your doorstep
AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping - Will be shipped by DHL mostly (99%) - From amazon warehouse to your doorstep
- For import Fee deposit
Once your parcel is delivered to you. Send a mail to CS at aramex (cs@aramex.com, iirc), asking whether duty was charged or not and ask for "Bill of Entry".
They should respond within 2-3 days. And they will also send you "Bill of entry" PDF. Once you receive that, search the PDF for your consignment. It will be at least 3-4 pages document. So search carefully, because it will be containing details of lots of consignments.
Once found, Check out last column in the document. Which will show you how much duty was paid by aramex to Customs dept on your behalf.

As per amazon, process is automatic, and if there is full refund or partial refund, within (Max) 60 days you would receive a mail for refund from amazon as well as amount in your CC.

@raksrules
- For Delivery
AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping - Will be shipped by Aramex mostly (99%) - From amazon warehouse to your doorstep
AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping - Will either be shipped by DHL or Aramex - From amazon warehouse to your doorstep
AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping - Will be shipped by DHL mostly (99%) - From amazon warehouse to your doorstep
- For import Fee deposit
Once your parcel is delivered to you. Send a mail to CS at aramex (cs@aramex.com, iirc), asking whether duty was charged or not and ask for "Bill of Entry".
They should respond within 2-3 days. And they will also send you "Bill of entry" PDF. Once you receive that, search the PDF for your consignment. It will be at least 3-4 pages document. So search carefully, because it will be containing details of lots of consignments.
Once found, Check out last column in the document. Which will show you how much duty was paid by aramex to Customs dept on your behalf.

As per amazon, process is automatic, and if there is full refund or partial refund, within (Max) 60 days you would receive a mail for refund from amazon as well as amount in your CC.

Thanks for this. My order has crossed 60 days. Will see if they refund or I was actually charged the duty I was advance-billed.

@raksrules Did you order yet? I might be getting something -- I am from Bangalore though.

Yeah ordered yesterday itself. The item cost was 80$ and total I paid was 122$ inclusive everything. This is the least price for the item in last 2 years or so (I compared the graph of price).
It would be cheaper for me to buy from flipkart but then I had 143$ in amazon gc balance so I used that.

Yeah ordered yesterday itself. The item cost was 80$ and total I paid was 122$ inclusive everything. This is the least price for the item in last 2 years or so (I compared the graph of price).
It would be cheaper for me to buy from flipkart but then I had 143$ in amazon gc balance so I used that.

Cool! How much was the shipping charges?

Back