amazon global

Received my item from amazon global. Ordered on 17th and received today. Seems customs was charged as per the courier sheet so i am not expecting any money back.

Just FYI for people trying to search on amazon global, i would suggest anyone searching anything on amazon to search on main amazon.com rather than going to amazon global site and if it is "Shipped and Sold by Amazon" try adding to cart and giving Indian address for shipping.
Many a times the item may not be listed on amazon global but may be shippable to India.

In amazon,does selecting the GIFT option have any impact on the customs?
Planning to buy Rosewill rhts-8206 headphones worth around 46$

In amazon,does selecting the GIFT option have any impact on the customs?
Planning to buy Rosewill rhts-8206 headphones worth around 46$

No it will have no effect and you may probably be paying more for gift packing. It is not that GIFT we write to evade customs. Moreover amazon charges the customs beforehand so you cannot escape it.

Ok. So i just contacted Amazon today regarding returning the SSD I bought from them during the Black Friday deals and they told me that I will be eligible for a full refund. The refund will include even the import fee deposit. How awesome is that?

Wow. I have a 25 off 75 or more order from Amazon through my US issued Amex card. Any good deals to make use - effectively waives the shipping and customs on a 75$ product!

Ok. So i just contacted Amazon today regarding returning the SSD I bought from them during the Black Friday deals and they told me that I will be eligible for a full refund. The refund will include even the import fee deposit. How awesome is that?

Why are you returning it?? Which one did you buy?

Why are you returning it?? Which one did you buy?

I bought the Crucial M500 960GB SSD. Returning because my kinda usage(browsing and downloading) doesn't warrant an SSD. It was an impulse purchase and I can buy 9TB worth external hard disks with that much money which would serve me better.

Back