Amazon India - Feedback Thread

NK has mastered that too & much earlier & better than India. Modern artillery is not rocket science, the basics are known since first world war.
The difference is as dramatic as cannot respond to 26/11 vs. What you saw after Uri & Pulwama.

Seems easy but, then why were we not there in 2008? Better leadership. Which means putting the right people in front of a task like the late Manohar Parrikar. It's just so sad we lost him to pancreatic cancer.

In the early 90s we couldn't build these guns which you say are WW1 era (completely incorrect) and had to import bofors. We don't need to do that anymore.

These days we need them to be lighter. So we've imported the American M777's which are light enough to be lifted by chinooks and dropped in any Himalayan valley you want. We won't be buying more as have got full ToT for them. Because Americans prefer motorised artillery to towed which doesn't work so well for us in the mountains.
Yes it will be much further along but also much further behind China & US at that time.
This is what I mean by unfair comparison. Compare where we were not vis a vis them and you see steady progress.
15 years back that is somewhere around 2009, at least whatever I expected came to be realised now & at that time I didn't expect to leave behind or even catching up to China & the same view I hold today for the next 15 years.
Twenty years ago Chinese products were not better than Japanese. Today there still are categories they cannot match in Japanese. Chinese don't get demoralised because of this. They keep at it.
Without the radical fundamental reforms in land, labour & bureaucracy sector the "make in India" will remain a laggard with some successes mixed in between.
Labour & land were attempted back in 2015 with the government beating a hasty retreat. Pick and choose what battles to fight.

Bureaucracy? Heh. They can bring the country to a standstill if they want.
I won't post anymore on this here for being off topic so start a new thread or wait for some mod to move these posts to a new thread.
As you like. I've made my points

Last edited:
Have to start somewhere. Chinese learned like that too. Baby steps before you do long jump. Don't forget China wants to move up the value chain. Someone will pick up the slack and about damn time we did too
I don't think you know this but, there were hundreds of plastic and other raw material manufacturing in India which had to close down because China actively subsidized their industries at huge losses while the Indian govt did nothing. I've seen nylon and rayon manufacturing companies in India shut down because they couldn't compete with Chinese prices which were 1/2 the Indian prices even after being imported and taxed. There were tons of plastic manufacturing factories like Cello etc near my home but now most of them just import stuff. This is the same story in all sectors. From toys, fans, lights, switches, electric motors to transformers. Everything closed down. Our govt didn't do anything since they were afraid of losing money and they think everyone is out to rob them. Manufacturing is gone from India for such small sectors.

I don't think you know this but, there were hundreds of plastic and other raw material manufacturing in India which had to close down because China actively subsidized their industries at huge losses while the Indian govt did nothing. I've seen nylon and rayon manufacturing companies in India shut down because they couldn't compete with Chinese prices which were 1/2 the Indian prices even after being imported and taxed. There were tons of plastic manufacturing factories like Cello etc near my home but now most of them just import stuff. This is the same story in all sectors. From toys, fans, lights, switches, electric motors to transformers. Everything closed down. Our govt didn't do anything since they were afraid of losing money and they think everyone is out to rob them. Manufacturing is gone from India for such small sectors.
And all Indian governments (of past, present, and future) like to f*** the people twice, first by maliciously (with all intent and bad faith) screwing the local businesses and then taxing the Chinese goods again when people buy them. Even Tata Steel has plants in China (via partnership and increasing their presence further), cuz it's profitable there. A family member works at Tata Steel, (contracts with Indian Railway, Mahindra, Maruti you name it). Guess where the technology eventually comes from. If not directly there is subsidiary of a subsidiary of a subsidiary in China.

+1 on moving the thread

Bought a fold 6 s pen case which shipped after 10 days. Got today and the product arrived as damaged to bit and pieces. Box torn with taped all over the body, case looks like it was ran over by truck, totally filthy condition. Even it had the previous buyer bill (return order). This is the new low for amazon. Only return is available as it's not available with amazon seller. Posted for return.

Back