Amazon India lightning deals

I don't know towards whom this screen is aimed at. Not content creators because TN panel and not gamers because 60Hz only. Only think going for it cheap price and 4k
It is for those who just want to say 'I got 4K for just 19k'. This model is just waste of money. I have used TN panel laptop screens when I used to review them and those panels are just yuck. Also, I really do not see the need for 4K for normal use. You cannot game on 4K unless you have top end GPU. 2K is more than enough. No content creator will touch this display. For movie buffs, the color shift of TN panel means that you have to be like Sheldon Cooper and say 'This is my spot to watch movie on this 4K'. Moreover, there are barely any OTTs that support 4K (actually, are there any?).

Also, look at those bezels!!!!!

Last edited:
Now that I've finally bought a 1650S what would be a good deal for a 144Hz monitor? I wonder if I would need any. I don't know what non-esports games will run at 60+ fps at max settings on that GPU lol.
Or maybe I should wait for someone to sell a used one?

It's a qhd, I don't think 1650S will be able to maintain 60fps on non Esports titles on this 2k screen. My 3070 with r5 3600 is hardly able to maintain 120 fps on AAA titles on max settings on my Samsung 144hz 1440p monitor.
Now that I've finally bought a 1650S what would be a good deal for a 144Hz monitor? I wonder if I would need any. I don't know what non-esports games will run at 60+ fps at max settings on that GPU lol.
If budget is a concern then wait for a good deal on 1080p 144hz monitor. Now these days we're seeing many good deals on monitors. If you want best stuff then go for MSI Optix G241.

I didn't actually get this, I am sure there is plenty of 4K OTT content now, am I missing something?
Hotstar said that they support 4K now but there is barely any content that can be streamed on 4K resolution.
Prime is still not on 4K. Netflix on 4K costs 749 per month.

Even if enough 4K content is made available, my primary concert stands. 2K on high quality VA/IPS is far far better than 4K on low quality TN panel. There are some very good 2K panels under 23k rupees and for gaming, there is no comparison between VA and TN.

I got myself a Aopen VA 144hz panel for 11k some time ago (I think it's still the same price), and it's an absolute joy for AAA gaming and watching content. I have an IPS 144hz display on my laptop but this one is so much better for just watching content thanks to its fantastic contrast ratio. The only caveat is that you will have to use the DP cable (included with monitor) to make use of the full 144hz. There is some smearing, yes, as is typical of VA panels, but I don't really notice it unless I am looking for it. The smearing can be reduced by setting overdrive to extreme (and this is what I use it at), but for some reason it has horrible smearing over hdmi connection. But if you game only using the 1650S then you can just connecct it with displayport and enjoy the butter smooth freesync experience and fantastic contrast (yes nvidia supports freesync for freesync monitors with display port)

Hotstar said that they support 4K now but there is barely any content that can be streamed on 4K resolution.
Prime is still not on 4K. Netflix on 4K costs 749 per month.

Even if enough 4K content is made available, my primary concert stands. 2K on high quality VA/IPS is far far better than 4K on low quality TN panel. There are some very good 2K panels under 23k rupees and for gaming, there is no comparison between VA and TN.
I use Prime through firestick 4K, and there is plenty of 4K content, including movies and many series.
just the movies search results as link

Fully Agree on Netflix, I am looking for someone to share a slot ;)
Also agree to your views on the panel.

Finally. Where did you get it and for how much? :D

Price & availability of 1660 Ti/Super or RX 580 please.
RX 580 is not found anywhere anymore. They were sold out long before the crypto surge if I remember correctly.
Some 1660Ti/S are there but costly. I forgot. I'll ask tomorrow if I get the time.
Standard GTX 1650 for 22000. My source says they are getting only 3 pieces of GTX 1050Ti and GTX 1650. They can't find the 1660 anywhere.
The other store which had Inno3D GTX 1660S/Ti the owner is selling for over 35k+ despite the MRP only 30k. Still people are buying from him out of desperation.

Last edited:
Back