Amazon India lightning deals

WD's 'algorithm' makes it irrelevant.
The DRAM cache helps with lasting performance when the drive is choked with a lot of operations like compressing/decompressing data, installing games/updates etc. A drive without this would slow down in such operations when the SSD has a lot of random ops.

While you say the word "algorithm" which is used by WD it's not what they invented. They use a technique called Host Memory Buffer (HMB). To save cost of adding a DRAM on your drive itself they like to use your system RAM for it.
That being said, the cost does not justify the means. SSDs with DRAM cache are very near the price of such DRAMless SSDs. Unless you want just for storage and not OS I wouldn't recommend a DRAMless SSD.

The DRAM cache helps with lasting performance when the drive is choked with a lot of operations like compressing/decompressing data, installing games/updates etc. A drive without this would slow down in such operations when the SSD has a lot of random ops.

While you say the word "algorithm" which is used by WD it's not what they invented. They use a technique called Host Memory Buffer (HMB). To save cost of adding a DRAM on your drive itself they like to use your system RAM for it.
That being said, the cost does not justify the means. SSDs with DRAM cache are very near the price of such DRAMless SSDs. Unless you want just for storage and not OS I wouldn't recommend a DRAMless SSD.
Shhhhh, how dare you question the all-mighty "Algorithm" ?

You need to stop assuming things !
You were happy to assume that I didnt check. And now you're lecturing me? LMAO Literally every random advice you've given applies to you.
1) Didnt check before contesting facts and asked me to check facts
2) Assumed things yourself, and then blamed me for assuming

What kind of Toxic Gas-lighting is this? Or should we just ignore it cause you're a Mod?

You were happy to assume that I didnt check. And now you're lecturing me? LMAO Literally every random advice you've given applies to you.
1) Didnt check before contesting facts and asked me to check facts
2) Assumed things yourself, and then blamed me for assuming
Your old usual ways of replies and personal attacks are amusing.

What kind of Toxic Gas-lighting is this? Or should we just ignore it cause you're a Mod?
Being a mod, does not mean I can't participate in any discussion. It is well evident, from where it went toxic and who got triggered.

What in the world are you talking about?

This is a good deal, almost 2.5k off including the card offer -

The logitech X pro is the pinnacle, but for 14k, you will get a wired headset.

The shortened links you posted are affiliate links and the one who has created the links earns commission if someone purchases the product using those links. Not sure if you intentionally posted those links but posting affiliate links without disclosing them is bad practice.

It's good enough for normal use from the research I did couple of months back. It has a good controller and is more consistent than a few expensive drives. Obviously won't meet workstation requirements and these faster drives cost at least 4K-5K more.

Your old usual ways of replies and personal attacks are amusing.

Being a mod, does not mean I can't participate in any discussion. It is well evident, from where it went toxic and who got triggered.
Oh, the usual gaslighting and moving the goal post is back to cover up for the lack of a solid source.
Still no evidence of the god tier "Algorithm" that makes dram irrelevant.
No evidence of all the reading that you have done that says that. No sources.
But sure, a lot of other yapping, and random lifestyle guru type advice to show some sort of superiority when clearly you made a boo-boo.
Why dont you quit yapping, and say you were wrong and move on, instead of lecturing people, calling them "triggered", just cause you have the MOD tag.

Will you do that boy? Say you were wrong and that you shouldn't have poked your arrogant nose without double checking? Maybe an Algorithm that tells you where not to poke your nose?

I know and agree what you have mentioned about DRAM part. Also about 'algorithm' part, I wrote it in quotes first place without going into technicalities. Base point is, unlike other DRAMless SSDs, where once SLC buffer is filled up, speeds would fall up on their face, SN550 retains them on quite respectable levels - NOT on original full speeds.

Edit: To add this fall in speeds happens after about 15-20GBs of continuous write.

Last edited:
It's good enough for normal use from the research I did couple of months back. It's has a good controller and is more consistent than a few expensive drives. Obviously won't meet workstation requirements and these faster drives cost at least 4K-5K more.
Yeah Its good enough for normal desktop usage/gaming etc. Its just that if you do get a good dram ssd in +20% budget, you should get it. You wont regret it.

Oh, the usual gaslighting and moving the goal post is back to cover up for the lack of a solid source.
Still no evidence of the god tier "Algorithm" that makes dram irrelevant.
No evidence of all the reading that you have done that says that. No sources.
But sure, a lot of other yapping, and random lifestyle guru type advice to show some sort of superiority when clearly you made a boo-boo.
Why dont you quit yapping, and say you were wrong and move on, instead of lecturing people, calling them "triggered", just cause you have the MOD tag.

Will you do that boy? Say you were wrong and that you shouldn't have poked your arrogant nose without double checking? Maybe an Algorithm that tells you where not to poke your nose?
No need to point - once again - who is going on writing essay-spree full of personal attacks. If I wanted to use MOD tag, I would not have been replying to you here - as simple as that.

No need to point - once again - who is going on writing essay-spree full of personal attacks. If I wanted to use MOD tag, I would not have been replying to you here - as simple as that.
Still no sources, only yap yap yap.

There is zero personal attack from my side. Maybe you're just pissed that I decided to take this up and not let it pass.
Infact, once again, you went personal asking me to "read up", "dont assume", and now asking me "not to personal attack". All this while not reading up yourself, assuming randomly that I didnt read up, and personally attacking me by calling me triggered etc. Also again, all this yapping without any proof of the "algorithm".

God tier gaslighting is what it is. You should be crowned the champion of toxic behaviour.
Why are you still not admitting you're wrong boy? Not very trigger happy to correct your own mistakes? Surely the mods must live to the same level if not higher level of decency. Say you were wrong and end this !

Last edited:
Having used the SN550, I can vouch for it being a good drive specially if you can get it for around 7-7.5k. It is an excellent drive for gaming as the lack of SLC cache isn't really an issue in read applications & work equally well to a SN750 in these scenarios. Sure, you can always get an SSDs with DRAM & large SLC caches but they are usually more expansive & that extra cost doesn't always translate to tangible improvement in application/gaming load times. Even write performance is pretty consistent.

Kingston A2000 is an equivalent drive with DRAM but despite that it isn't much better. These nvme drives actually use different algorithms for reading & writing, as well as managing endurance & data safety, that is why different drives, despite using the same NANDs, can have varying level of performances.

A conclusion from tomshardware sums it up pretty well IMO.
WD’s Blue SN550 is one of the most consistent performing low-cost NVMe SSDs available. Even though it has a small SLC write cache, when you hammer it with heavy writes, its slowest performance will still remain acceptable. In our testing, it even manages to respond faster to applications and most consumer workloads than the WD Black SN750, including loading up your favorite games.

Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/wd-blue-sn550-m2-nvme-ssd-review-best-dramless-ssd-yet/4

Yeah Its good enough for normal desktop usage/gaming etc. Its just that if you do get a good dram ssd in +20% budget, you should get it. You wont regret it.
Which drive do you recommend over this?

Having used the SN550, I can vouch for it being a good drive specially if you can get it for around 7-7.5k. It is an excellent drive for gaming as the lack of SLC cache isn't really an issue in read applications & work equally well to a SN750 in these scenarios. Sure, you can always get an SSDs with DRAM & large SLC caches but they are usually more expansive & that extra cost doesn't always translate to tangible improvement in application/gaming load times. Even write performance is pretty consistent.

Kingston A2000 is an equivalent drive with DRAM but despite that it isn't much better. These nvme drives actually use different algorithms for reading & writing, as well as managing endurance & data safety, that is why different drives, despite using the same NANDs, can have varying level of performances.

Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/wd-blue-sn550-m2-nvme-ssd-review-best-dramless-ssd-yet/4

Yes like I said, if its for normal usage, with budget constraints, get it, no brainer. Its far better than the Adata Su type ssds.

Any dram ssd in +20% price will be good. Which one depends on the deals that come honestly. Last two years samsung drives with dram cache had great deals, these year none of them have good prices as yet. But fingers crossed. Will post if I find any. If its a longer deliverly date then I say order and then cancel if you find another.

Why are you still not admitting you're wrong boy? Not very trigger happy to correct your own mistakes? Say you were wrong and end this !
Simple, because I am not wrong. I would correct my mistakes if I would have made them. I am in to end this here but I am sure there is going to be another essay coming from you bashing me unnecessarily.

Simple, because I am not wrong. I would correct my mistakes if I would have made them. I am in to end this here but I am sure there is going to be another essay coming from you bashing me unnecessarily.
Great, if you'r not wrong then post the source, or admit you're wrong.
Glad you stopped the gaslighting tho. I'd say that's progress. We will get there, eventually.

Still no sources, only yap yap yap.

There is zero personal attack from my side.
Infact, once again, you went personal asking me to "read up", "dont assume", and now asking me "not to personal attack". All this while not reading up yourself, assuming randomly that I didnt read up, and personally attacking me by calling me triggered etc. Also again, all this yapping without any proof of the "algorithm".

God tier gaslighting is what it is. You should be crowned the champion of toxic behaviour.
Why are you still not admitting you're wrong boy? Not very trigger happy to correct your own mistakes? Surely the mods must live to the same level if not higher level of decency. Say you were wrong and end this !
Dude, chill! On one side you say there are no personal attacks and on one side you say he is "yapping" "gaslighting" "champion of toxic behaviour" "admit you are wrong" Even if he is wrong, you should have patience and educate each other by posting relevant articles rather than focusing on who is right and who is wrong.

I am not specifically endorsing this drive but this one is also good VFM beyond SN550. Kioxia is ex-Toshiba which constitutes most of the OEM and rebrand NAND market. The Exceria contains 1GB DRAM cache and has pseudo-SLC caching. Due to this it goes to over 40 GB before coming down to the non-cache speed of 700 Mbps. For some reason, the speed is also advertised at the sustained read/write speed of 1.5 Gbps, despite the fact it does twice that at peak. The write based warranty though is on the lower side.

It is overpriced now since I have seen it listed for less than 8.8k which makes it below 8k with discounts.

Last edited:
I am not specifically endorsing this drive but this one is also good VFM beyond SN550. Kioxia is ex-Toshiba which constitutes most of the OEM and rebrand NAND market. The Exceria contains 1GB SLC cache and has pseudo-SLC and DRAM caching. Due to this it goes to over 40 GB before coming down to the non-cache speed of 700 Mbps. For some reason, the speed is also advertised at the sustained read/write speed of 1.5 Gbps, despite the fact it does twice that at peak. The write based warranty though is on the lower side.

It is overpriced now since I have seen it listed for less than 8.8k which makes it below 8k with discounts.
How does this compare to A2000? I have 2x A2000 1TB and satisfied with them. I am looking for SSD for another system now.

Back