Amazon India lightning deals

s20 fe 5g and mi 11x 5g are miles apart. No nfc/wireless charging in mi 11x 5g. AFAIK, No promises for long term updates for mi 11x 5g and One UI is a very significant upgrade from Xiaomi's MIUI.
It also costs half, has better processor and screen. And you can always slap a custom rom later on. Given the CPU is flagship, it should last years.

But how many would actually do it. Very few, most of them would prefer to use the Stock OS. I would prefer Samsung FE, great camera. I wonder how good Mi Camera will be with GCAM.

So true. Also, I dunno if it's half the cost, more like 2/3rds.

I bought a Poco F1 when it was released, the initial development scene was quite slow. Just realized that since I didn't want to lose a few tweaks I haven't updated that phone since I bought it. Maybe the fixed some of the flaws, maybe they didn't. But reading a few reviews/user reports the Mi 11x also has its share of bugs..

But how many would actually do it. Very few, most of them would prefer to use the Stock OS. I would prefer Samsung FE, great camera. I wonder how good Mi Camera will be with GCAM.
I have written 3 different long responses and then erased them because I wasn't sure if I really want to have that discussion but I am just going to say what I have to say.

If your budget doesn't allow for s20 fe 5g, Get the mi 11x 5g. it's good enough for most people.
However, S20 fe 5g at around the 32k mark is an excellent purchase.

There is just too many papercuts in mi 11x 5g and MIUI that have turned me away after 6+ years of using MI phones.

1. The camera is below average even with GCAM.
2. No NFC/Wireless charging. There is an argument to be made that not enough people use these things and I would've said the same but now that my phone does have it, I do use it a lot and these features are good QoL improvements.
3. MIUI despite the phone running SD870 stutters way more than what I find acceptable. It really, really doesn't feel like the phone has this powerful processor.
4. This phone was also cursed with the Google Dialer. So, Automatic Call recording doesn't work half the time and there are warnings when you call someone. On S20 fe 5g, I can still record almost all calls. (Vowifi call recording doesn't work with native dialer but there are excellent third party options that use accessibility options to record calls. These don't work on Xiaomi phones for some reason).
5. Samsung phones generate a lot less tracker related traffic compared to Xiaomi. Again, A very minor issue but it is a problem.
6. Custom ROMs are often suggested as an option by the more technically inclined people but I can't suggest a phone to someone basing it on the fact that some unpaid developer will make a rom for it AND maintain it for a few years. There is practically nothing in it for them. I can(and have) donated what I believed was a fair monthly price to pay for this service but not enough people do this and the amount I am donating isn't enough for them to do this properly.

Samsung is far from perfect but it's just the better option despite it's issues. I bought both of them but I am only using s20 fe 5g right now.

I have written 3 different long responses and then erased them because I wasn't sure if I really want to have that discussion but I am just going to say what I have to say.

If your budget doesn't allow for s20 fe 5g, Get the mi 11x 5g. it's good enough for most people.
However, S20 fe 5g at around the 32k mark is an excellent purchase.

There is just too many papercuts in mi 11x 5g and MIUI that have turned me away after 6+ years of using MI phones.

1. The camera is below average even with GCAM.
2. No NFC/Wireless charging. There is an argument to be made that not enough people use these things and I would've said the same but now that my phone does have it, I do use it a lot and these features are good QoL improvements.
3. MIUI despite the phone running SD870 stutters way more than what I find acceptable. It really, really doesn't feel like the phone has this powerful processor.
4. This phone was also cursed with the Google Dialer. So, Automatic Call recording doesn't work half the time and there are warnings when you call someone. On S20 fe 5g, I can still record almost all calls. (Vowifi call recording doesn't work with native dialer but there are excellent third party options that use accessibility options to record calls. These don't work on Xiaomi phones for some reason).
5. Samsung phones generate a lot less tracker related traffic compared to Xiaomi. Again, A very minor issue but it is a problem.
6. Custom ROMs are often suggested as an option by the more technically inclined people but I can't suggest a phone to someone basing it on the fact that some unpaid developer will make a rom for it AND maintain it for a few years. There is practically nothing in it for them. I can(and have) donated what I believed was a fair monthly price to pay for this service but not enough people do this and the amount I am donating isn't enough for them to do this properly.

Samsung is far from perfect but it's just the better option despite it's issues. I bought both of them but I am only using s20 fe 5g right now.
I switched one of the phones to MIUI EU rom and it solved literally ALL the problems you mentioned above. Except the camera. IMO camera is good for sub 20k phone. The phones with better cams sub 20k have shit processors and cam quality is only marginally better. I honestly feel its a very good cam, it does the basics right. And even compared with nord 2 camera I only found 10-20% difference for additional 10k and worse processor.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1413).png
    Screenshot (1413).png
    30.9 KB · Views: 104
I switched one of the phones to MIUI EU rom and it solved literally ALL the problems you mentioned above.
Does MIUI EU Rom gets Automatic updates or it needs to be flashed via Recovery? Also, do all payment apps work fine with unlocked bootloader / custom recovery?

Last edited:
Not an Amazon deal, or any actual deal, but I've been seeing the prices of the 2018 8th gen Intel Mac mini drop crazy low on OLX the last 2-3 days. Probably in anticipation of tonight's announcement. The lowest so far was 30k for an i3 model. These can drive upto three 4k displays without any active/displaylink adapters, in case you're interested in one for a multiple monitor setup.

true even I am looking for a 32' TV for atleast 2k or 4k resolution but all those starts at 40' and that will be too big for close distance work.
You can get a 32" 2k monitor but no such option for tv.
4k TV starts from 43". It won't be as big as you assume, only takes 2-4 days to get accustomed.
Only con is its limited to just 60hz refresh rate, but it's not a problem for casual web surfing or watching 4k movies etc.

You can get a 32" 2k monitor but no such option for tv.
4k TV starts from 43". It won't be as big as you assume, only takes 2-4 days to get accustomed.
Only con is its limited to just 60hz refresh rate, but it's not a problem for casual web surfing or watching 4k movies etc.
How about eyes? any issues like headache after watching the screen for whole day sometimes I have to work around 10~12 hours or even more so I am talking about long hours of exposure. I have 27' Monitor so I am accustomed to that size

How about eyes? any issues like headache after watching the screen for whole day sometimes I have to work around 10~12 hours or even more so I am talking about long hours of exposure. I have 27' Monitor so I am accustomed to that size
We can adjust to warm colour temperature and lower the backlight but still may feel a bit headache or eye strain after continuous use like 6-8 hours. There isn't any other technology like blue light filter etc.
Switching from 27 to 43 inch is a major change, so it may look odd for a couple of days. Earlier I was using 32 inch Full HD tv and switching to 43 was very noticeable. I feel size won't be an issue as we have 43 inch monitors available and you may find it more comfortable opening multiple applications on the same screen.

Back