Amazon India lightning deals

more than enough for rx 6600 its really power efficient at 140 watts , i have a friend who is running rtx 3080 with a seasonic 750 watt psu it works just fine , you have more than enough headroom for even beefier gpu

What I'm wondering is should I wait for another month/ 2 months or so till the newer generation GPUs come and then these older generation cards will get a significant price drop? Or should I just get the 6600 now and for the next 2-3 years I'm set.

What I'm wondering is should I wait for another month/ 2 months or so till the newer generation GPUs come and then these older generation cards will get a significant price drop? Or should I just get the 6600 now and for the next 2-3 years I'm set.
it depends upon which card you want to buy because everything has a price floor like used 1060 still sell around 12-13k because there is a low price limit and most of the lower end has been abandoned by both nvidia and amd.

yes they are getting cheaper and will keep getting cheaper but those drastic price reduction will happen at top end , you can even see now lower end is slowly bottoming out and stil selling over MSRP atleast the nvidia cards.

so cards like 6600 might get cheaper by 3-4k at most now at 23k its great deal its already selling below the MSRP of 6500xt at this point, so if you're thinking of buying this go for it , however would not advise you to buy higher end cards like 6800xt or 6900xt or 3070 ti's and above they will see further price drops.

you can buy this 6600 and still sell it after 6 months for 18-20k on used market easily and upgrade to a used nvidia 3000 series card or 4000 when they come.
How do you exactly calculate how much watt should your psu be to support all the components?
you can use online PSU calculator

here is the most used one https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
just enter your hardware and overclock settings and it gives a good estimate about your wattage, there is similar tool by cooler master and other PSU vendors which also recommend PSU based on that you can search those.

general rule of thumb is to keep 200-300 watt headroom when buying a PSU for future upgrades because PSU tends to last longer than most components.

Last edited:
it depends upon which card you want to buy because everything has a price floor like used 1060 still sell around 12-13k because there is a low price limit and most of the lower end has been abandoned by both nvidia and amd.

yes they are getting cheaper and will keep getting cheaper but those drastic price reduction will happen at top end , you can even see now lower end is slowly bottoming out and stil selling over MSRP atleast the nvidia cards.

so cards like 6600 might get cheaper by 3-4k at most now at 23k its great deal its already selling below the MSRP of 6500xt at this point, so if you're thinking of buying this go for it , however would not advise you to buy higher end cards like 6800xt or 6900xt or 3070 ti's and above they will see further price drops.

you can buy this 6600 and still sell it after 6 months for 18-20k on used market easily and upgrade to a used nvidia 3000 series card or 4000 when they come.

you can use online PSU calculator

here is the most used one https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
just enter your hardware and overclock settings and it gives a goo estimate about your wattage, there is similar tool by cooler master and other PSU vendors which also recommend PSU based on that you can search those.

general rule of thumb is to keep 200-300 watt headroom when buying a PSU for future upgrades because PSU tends to last longer than most components.
Thanks for the info. Really helpful.

About keeping headroom of 200-300 watts ...we will be paying electricity for that too extra watts right?

Thanks for the info. Really helpful.

About keeping headroom of 200-300 watts ...we will be paying electricity for that too extra watts right?
PSUs only draw the amount that is being used if you have a 760 watt PSU it does not mean PSU is consuming 760 watt every hour , it just means it is the rated capacity of the PSU , generally all PSUs can supply more current than their rated capacity but it never advisable to run PSUs at 100% or above 100% of their rated capacity a 750 watt PSU can supply upto 850 watts before triggering over power protection (OPP) ,now coming back to the topic of the power consumption it will be equal to the power draw of the components , on average a average PC with no discrete GPU idles on as low as 15-25 watts and a system with a discrete GPU idles as low as 90 watts assuming there is no other exotic components that are sucking power.

you always calculate the extra headroom over the maximum power usage , so it includes all the components at their maximum power draw including overclocking as well, so if my system draws say 400 watts maximum i can settle for a 600-750 watt supply depending upon my budget , use case upgrade cycle.

it is always better to go for a larger PSU of course some people go too overboard like getting 1000 watt or 1200 watt PSUs that is not advisable.

i'm so proud of my 1060 like it's my kid or something
Ikr. I bought it 6years back when I was completely out of touch with PC stuff and just bought a release in my budget at that time. I'm running out of VRAM at 1080p with games like Warhammer 3 so looks like I'll have to look at an upgrade soon. Probably find something that my corsair 650w can support.

Not getting the option, even at check-out it is showing me the same amount. Also, I am trying this with a non-Prime account & not via the App but Laptop or Browser.
you need to select the case with the offer , i tried adding from a non prime account on PC it was working fine , you need to see if the item has the offer available
Screenshot (65).png

here check this out , hope this helps

Last edited:
Received the CPU today but it had a number of its pins bent. Informed the customer care of same and got it replaced. I am hoping that this time around, I would receive it without bent pins.
Did you get it inside amazon cardboard packing or did they just stick the shipping label on the AMD's box?

Did you get it inside amazon cardboard packing or did they just stick the shipping label on the AMD's box?
AMD Box came inside the amazon cardboard which was in turn inside the anti-tamper plastic pack. But the AMD Box itself looked a bit old and seemed like it was carefully opened and sealed from bottom.

AMD Box came inside the amazon cardboard which was in turn inside the anti-tamper plastic pack. But the AMD Box itself looked a bit old and seemed like it was carefully opened and sealed from bottom.
Some mahaan tried to insert the cpu in the wrong way. And send it back. Maybe Amazon send that return one to you?

on average a average PC with no discrete GPU idles on as low as 15-25 watts and a system with a discrete GPU idles as low as 90 watts
If without GPU idle consumption is 25w, then this means GPU pulls 65w when idle. Which is simply not true.

I have RTX3060 with single monitor, which idles at 10w. Others on the internet report similar figures. Even RTX3090 idles at 30-40w only.

Of course, the actual power draw will depend on how efficient the PSU is. At this range, a bronze rated PSU will easily give 85% efficiency, meaning 40w idle consumption equates to ~47w drawn from the wall. If you have gold rated PSU, consider 90% efficiency. So 40w consumption will equate to ~44.5w drawn from the wall.

Which brings me to the PSU power draw part in general. The headroom is there not only for future upgrades, but also for safety and efficiency. Safety because power consumption can sometimes spike suddenly. It's better to cover this and be on the safe side. Efficiency because PSUs are most efficient at around 50% of their rated wattage. So a good 650w PSU will give 90%+ efficiency at around 300-350w power draw while the efficiency may drop as you near the 600w territory.

The processor and GPU account for most of the power draw of the PC. All other components have negligible power draw in comparison (not sure about AIO). 3060 is rated for 170w max and 5600 goes to a maximum of 100w, usually staying around 50-60w (as per OHM) on my PC. Even the GPU averages only 70-80w. So the actual power consumption of my PC is barely 200w. The 650w PSU is a bit of am overkill for my PC, but that's what Nvidia recommends for 3060.

Received the CPU today but it had a number of its pins bent. Informed the customer care of same and got it replaced. I am hoping that this time around, I would receive it without bent pins.
Any 37K processor from 13th gen / Zen 4 will decimate 5950x while Zen 4 having an upgrade path. It may not be a good deal unless you have urgent need of a cpu or already have a supported AMD mobo.

Back